Posts by keithl

I have an Android phone and a Kemper Player. The Android sees the Kemper on my bluetooth list.
    I selected Kemper on the bluetooth list and started up the Rig Manager app, but it is stuck on "Searching for Profilers" and cannot find it.

Any suggestions? I'm not sure what I am doing wrong.

Thanks!

I think I am losing it(!). I, for the life of of me, cannot figure out where I am going wrong with trying to reamp a DI track in Pro Tools with an MBox Pro, going analog…not SPDIF

I connected my Output #4 on Mbox to the Return Input on the Kemper
    I then connected my Input #4 on the Mbox to the Monitor Output of the Kemper

The output of the DI track is set to Analog #4 output
    The input of the new track is set to Analog #4 input

Messing around with things, I sometimes get feedback…but I am just not getting a successful reap.

Is there a tutorial like this, but deals with Pro Tools, MBox and reamping analog, not SPDIF?

Step-by-Step Reamping Guide

I am wondering if the control panel of the MBOX needs to be set a certain way.

ANY help would be appreciated, because I have spent hours trying to figure this out and just cannot seem to get t working,

Thanks so much in advance. Desperate man over here! :)

Hi ,

Bert Meulendijk has a few R. Kotzen profiles in one of his packs. (I think the 2nd pack)

I think that may be his fly rig from tech 21.

He had a signature amp (Cornford RK100), but has a new signature amp from Victory amps

I got this off a website:

EL34 / 40W / half power switch
    Reverb and Tremolo
    Effects loop
    (?) gain boost
    1x12 combo (at first)
    controls: Gain, Tone, Master, Reverb, Speed, Depth

the guy who designed his signature Cornfords designed these amps (he went to Victory when Cornford went out of business)...

“I’m super-excited about this,” reveals Kotzen. “I loved my Cornford, but there were certain choices I made in retrospect that I wish I hadn’t - in terms of certain elements within the circuit. We fixed that and this new amp has an even simpler functionality, with the same kind of gain as the Cornford - that screaming tube distortion which cleans up really nice.

“The amp is pre-voiced, so the only control other than gain and master volume is a single tone knob. It’s like an old Fender Tweed Deluxe or a Marshall 1974X. I just wanted one tonality, voiced properly, so you don’t need to screw around with it. By reducing the components, we were able to put in a great tremolo circuit and some reverb.”

“The first incarnation that will be released to the public will be a 1x12 combo,” Kotzen reveals.

“It will be rated 40 watts, but actually puts out a bit more, with a switch so you can run it at half- or full-power. Later down the line, we’ll be releasing the 100-watt head version as well… for those that need the old-school stack!”

Hello,

I recently purchased a Kemper and I am trying to reamp with that and the mBox pro.

On the mBox, I have an output (#4), going to the Kemper's Return input

The input in PT's control panel for #4 is set to the Monitor Output of the Kemper (which is working, because I can record the Kemper). It is set to "Stack" in the Kemper

The input source on the Kemper is set to "Return Input Reamp"

So the output on the track I want to reamp is set to Track 4

I opened a new track and set it's input to #4 (which is output #4 from the mbox)

I record and get nothing.

The only thing I can think of is that I need to switch something in the control panel in Pro Tools?

Can anybody see a flaw in my connections?

Hey guys-

I was wondering if anybody could give direction on connecting

MBox 3
    Rosetta 200
    Kemper

I have the Rosetta connected to the MBOX via SPDIF.
    I record in 48, so I would need to connect the Kemper via analoge.

I am wondering if I should just connect it directly into the MBOX (and bypass the Rosetta 200)
    I have my preamp (for vocals) currently going into the Rosetta.

Anybody have the same type of setup or would have some advice?

Thanks,
    Keith

So I received my Kemper today (psyched!)

I was reading the manual called "The Basics" and it refers to "The Profiling Guide" and a "Reference Manual", but those two books were not in the shipping box. Should they have been?

Thanks

Hey guys-

Come Friday, I will be a new Kemper owner. I have played guitar since 88 and currently write music for television (along with releasing original music cds)

Totally stoked to get going with the Kemper. I have been using amp sims for a long period of time, but something has always been missing. I am hoping Kemper can "connect the dots!"

I do have a quick question:

I currently take my guitar input into a great river preamp that goes into a rosetta 200 that feeds my mbox 3. Can anybody explain how the Kemper will fit in? Do I still need the great river pre or should the Kemper now feed the rosetta?

I do all my sessions as 48khz, so I would not be able to go spdif. It would need to go analog (this I have already researched)

Looking forward to getting to know the community and diving into some profiles!

Take care,
    Keith