Posts by Gforce guitar

I waited 6 months but I got it now. A NICE WHITE ONE BRAND NEW ;)
    The delivery was supposed to be 2 weeks and it arrives in 3 days like a magnet LOL ;)
    I'm so excited and I just can't hide it (like the song said) LOL ;) Have a nice day everyone ;)

Thank you Monkey-Man, yes we got so much bills to pay. We receive bills every week. We almost have to pay for the air we breathe... lol ... so anyway , I wont pay me any holiday hotel beach or whathever is considered luxury, til I got my Kemper !!! Then of course I will have to add to this many library and monitors to complete etc.... But this is where I am going , one step at a time, I am determined to get my Kemper ASAP I do my best

I just bought my second Kemper. The first was powered and I played it through a Mesa Thiele cabinet. I was extremely happy with the sounds. Some things happened and that amp and cab are gone. I just received my new Kemper rack (unpowered) and I’m playing it through a Yamaha DXR12.

Just my 2 cents... when you create and adjust sounds for a Mesa Thiele it will surely sound different if you switch suddenly to a DXR12. But my point here is its probably the same vice versa. If you create adjust sounds with the DXR12 til youre happy ... than you switch to a Mesa or others, maybe you wont be happy in this context. We fine tune a lot with time.... hours and hours.

Since I heard the Kemper, my only goal in life is to get one. I try to put money on the side on every check I get and little by little I will get enough. Yesterday I sold my AC-30, a beautiful sounding amp, mint conditions, but I had no choice. I want to be able to get different sounds quickly and travel without the weight of a tube amp (75lb more or less) . So OK I wont create my own sounds from that amp, but I will be able to buy SO MANY library and fine tune them.... I still got many pedal effects here, so I will try to find creative ways to use them. Just to use different guitars is another way to use the kemper in a creative way with the basic sounds.... So one stair at a time and slowly I am coming guys , I will never surrender, never ever surrender. Bye for now , GFORCE GUITAR

Only you can answer the problem unfortunately. My experience: I have a lovely genz Benz black pearl 30 which I never use. Still got it but can't even remember the last time I fired it up. The kemper I use every single day.

Thank you all for your help. I am 100% sure that I will never carry my AC-30 for shows again, as tube can broke at the worst moment (it did happen to me) and its heavy (like a baby elephant ;) ) I find it difficult also to combine the pedals on my pedal board, in a way that I change sound fastly. I know some guitarist are very good at it, but not me for some reason. Its never well balanced etc. So the only reason I would get it is to make my own profile and as I am very keen to get good sound, maybe I could benefit from it (and others too if I share or even sell (not sure about that though LOL .

But as I see the good profiles we can buy a part of me says just sell the damn amp and forget it and buy the Kemper. Another thing that I hate is to install microphones , and tweak my pedal board for hours . When I finally get a decent sound I'd like to save it as I do with presets when I sample with my keyboard equipment. You know we tweak for hours make our own sample or buy a library and fine tune for hours (I even tune the library samples some are out of tune) but this hard work got a reward... save .. use it whenever you want. I'd like to do the same kind of work with Kemper ...buy the Britt profiles etc and then fine tune it Then its ready to do overdubs on whatever track I record or to do a show with it . So I will think about it again.

If I had the money I would keep both just to know if I am good at profiling.... then 2 possibility,
    1-I try hard to profile and then realise that Britt and cie are way better... so i sell the amp. Or
    2-I realise I love profiling and become a very good profiler LOL and can even sell my sounds (too good to be true LOl but you know...) hahahaha Anyway in the meantime I dont enjoy the Kemper ... nor the amp

PS english is my second langage I hope I make sense on this difficult matter ;) thanks for your patience and help everyone, have a nice day

I hesitate a lot, if I sell my AC-30 I will get my Kemper faster. (I will get the total $ to buy it faster ) But will I regret it when it's time to to create my own profiles? Or maybe I'll be perfectly happy buying the best profiles and tweek it to my taste... Its hard to answer this question guys.... Money is tight for me these days Any advice?. I'd like to know if some of you with great amps like mine, profile a lot or just forget about your amp and just play with your Kemper ? Or if you cannot live without creating your own profiles with your tube amp (maybe sell it if thats good enough) Thanks

PS: it would be so easy to decide if I could experiment it

Its normal to appreciate many pedals of your pedal board. Ex : Your favourite Boss DD-500 Delay preset... Just keep it and plug it in the Kemper... Noboday says we gotta get rid of all our pedals if we buy a Kemper. For instance I got a compresser that I love ( TC Electronic) I wont get rid of it I will experiment with the Kemper plus my compressor. And the Kemper alone. IF I dont see utility to keep my favorite compresser I will sell it . But I need to hear first. So you should do the same dont get rid of your pedal too soon.... Take the time to experiment and hear . Finally to conclude my point is
    HEAR FIRST SELL AFTER !!! (if needed)

Lets talk about the REAL problem , I wont be rude but straight to the point and clear... I had the same problem for many many years. Pay a rent and be restricted by neighbourghs. Til I decided to buy a SMALL house that I paid little by little with the same amount I gave to a stranger for the rent. One day if you wanna get rid of that for ever try to do the same. I think if anyone is serious about doing music , we need to play whatever we want, whenever we want and at whatever volume we want.... I suffered 10 years in an appartment til I decided ok that enough I want a house , even a small one I cant stand it anymore... Thats the best decision of my life Now the house is almost totally paid btw ;) It can be achieved in many years of course as you need a downpayment but my point is you need to plan it and calculate it and visit many houses etc GOOD LUCK

I'm working on a reverb sound for a profile When I'm playing it sounds big and ambient but the second I stop playing it cuts out. Why are there no trails?

Could it be the noise reduction that engage too fast and cut the ''tail'' of the reverb at the same time than the noise? you can set a different threshold if this is the case

Zilla everytime! I have a Zilla Fatboy very much like the one above in green, but with a CL80 and a V30, the kemper loves CL80! Especially at low volume. Big heavy cabs, but very full sounding.

It is very hard to choose something without trying it but it looks like , at least, both Yamaha and Zilla user are happy ;) I will have to try them both . (and maybe other brands too) I got a subwoofer cab here that I don't use I will experiment with it also as a complement for a cab . (even if those are the frequency for the bass it can add a little bit of warmth and you can choose the frequency also, the volume. I will have fun I like to experiment. I dont judge until I try it and hear it... ;)