Posts by Gforce guitar

Thanks Danny , I put you a LIKE so your average LIKE performance won't drop
    (not the only reason ;) )

What seems interesting for me in that cab is that I love MID LOW frequency (yes sure I try to let the bassman breathe please no debate please) but I still need a sound that is warm with my guitars ;)

The fatboy has great low end response which makes it a great alternative to a 4x12.

Thanks! looks great with the Kemper... looks huge and solid ...BTW this must be like.... 50 LBS ????

PS: hey you got 62 LIKES and 59 POST it's rare that someone got more like than post ;) Thats the first time I see that ;) You should get a free profile for that ;) LOL

Please let me know what other moves should I try so that I can use the Kemper like a tube amp in a small venue without PA?

It's important to be happy with your sound whatever it is. What is particular here at first is that you work without a PA. To get a PA is a solution. A chain of equipment is important, Kemper don't replace the PA. In another thread you said you work with your Kemper plugged inside your Marschall and it sounds very good. Why not keep it this way? Try different guitars , change pick up is another avenue. Last solution return the Kemper and work with your Marschall... if tube amp is the best for your ear. Its important that were happy doing music and like our sound. But sometimes a product is not for us. Ex for me tube amp was a nightmare, I tried to make it work, but I had bad experience (tube breaking before a show, breaking my back while I carry it etc) I could go on but I wont) I used to go to tube amp Forum to explain my problems but that over, I just sold the damn thing... and forget it. My next step is to buy a Kemper and make shows but we will use a PA even on small venues. I got a friend for instance who is already doing shows with a Kemper I saw one show and it was fantastic... I mean really fantastic. He changed his sound on every song and it was super , great tones on every songs. I will do the same and make it work and quickly It was a small place but they had a PA and a good engineer. Thats also very important a good balanced sound. As you already get a Marschall you can also compromise, Marschall for little show without PA, Kemper in studio. Making music and be unhappy with the sound is the worst place to stay long in my humble opinion. It can affect your creativity too. In conclusion my point is : use whatever make you smile. Good luck.

The answer is simple: Kemper is not a casebuilder. There are a lot of companies out there that can make cases the way you like, even cheaper than if Kemper would build them. You know why? These casebuilders have the machines and know how how to make cases. Kemper not. It is not in their interest. If it would, they already had some case solutions for all Access synths. But they don't.

For instance Thomann has already two ready made cases for the Toaster (+ Remote).

Ok thanks for the cool discussion ;) I will buy whatever is on the market ... (Thomann , Pelican whatever) Thanks for the info man Very cool BYE

Why should they do that? If you want that, please buy a Kemper Rack and a 19" Rack that fits your needs!

Why should they do that? ... Why? well to make more money if the demand is there and gives alternative to the Kemper bag as this post title says. . If I talk about myself only, I will buy the ''toaster'' not the rack. And I don't want a bag at all, but a hard case, like the Pelican case But if this cost 200$ I would prefer to buy it from Kemper at the same time that I buy my Kemper... So maybe it would be a good idea for Kemper to produce a case like that. Its a thing to consider for the future IMHO. Or those 200$ will go somewhere else LOL ;)

Following from the last idea, why not guitar into neve into kemper into daw. In daw record spdif with one track with the kemper profile and one track kemper Di?

Don't know if this is a good solution but then you get the reamp signal available still. Or could you take a main out of kemper into one neve with the profile and another out which is Di into the other neve and Di it that way.

So you could have the option of the neve either before or after the kemper quite easily and record both a profile and a dry Di for possible reamp.

Yes, what Netheravon says is a good way too, maybe better. The important goal is to get a track for reamp , recorded at the same time than the Kemper profiles. I would add that this music ''marathon'' is hard musically. I would not focus too much on the Neve. Yes it add a nice touch but the hardest part here, in my humble opinion, is to rush on 20 songs and play good parts on each one. The magic often comes with 2 guitarist (or two overdubs ) that complement each others and that is not a question of Neve or not Neve. Get my point? Music first. Rushing on 20 songs with a Neve wont necessarely sounds better than if take your time, and no Neve, ex: with a second guitarist that create magic with you. you know its just a personnal view... I hope I make my point clear as english is my second langage LOL ;) Making a lot of TV music I experienced rushing a lot. Ex: Hey we need a salsa for tomorrow morn things like that. And I had to figure out how a salsa works and then compose one... It can create good music too when you have to rush. Good luck anyway

This is what I would do , but I dont pretend that my idea is the best ok? If I was in your shoes, I'd split the signal of my guitar on two outputs

Guitar----signal splitted in 2 (or boosted and splitted in two ... You get the idea, there is some pedals for that etc as long as you get two signals thats fine)

1- signal ONE is going to the NEVE then DAW on a track for reamping (like your no 3 point)
    2- signal TWO (you can experiment) but you know in the KEMPER in the NEVE in the DAW to track the profile sound

The advantage here is that you can track the KEMPER sound PLUS a track for re-amping later at the same time

So your SAFE ;) hihihi Good luck

I suppose Kemper should design, in the future, a solid hard case for their products, for touring. Thats also an opportunity to make money ...... lol (The hard part was to design the Kemper after all , that was rocket science, but a hard case... LOL ) ;)

Thanks Netheravon, the way I see it is I will need to work on two things separately, 1- studio work and 2- live concert. I suspect studio work is surely the easiest part. But live there is a lot to consider , and maybe some adjustment on the profiles too. Its hard work but hey ANYTHING FOR ME is better than carry heavy tube amp to concert to realise 15 minutes before the show that one tube just doesnt work which , in prime, blew the ''hard to find'' fuse that is back order , and I wont talk about the complicated pedal board that I got which take for ever dancing or bended on the floor on my knees to get one good sound.... For me that over !!! Tube amp is the past for me! Never again. And if one band mate sounds better than me with his tube amp, I just say : hurray I applaude you ! but I will do a decent pro job with my Kempers this is a promise! Freedom is coming !!!

Definitely try other profiles and roll off with an eq at anything from 4-7k. I use kemper thru a Yamaha dxr10 as a monitor and am more than happy with both stage and foh sounds.

Hi Netheravon, question from a novice: do you use a Kemper head or ''powerhead'' with your DXR-10 ? Thanks
    PS: Same question to BasemenBluesBoy is it a Kemper head or powerhead? Maybe you need a powerhead...???? Just curious THANKS EVERYONE

I need to be helped here please... I'd like to get some advices. My goal is to get a Kemper but to get enough money to buy it, I will sell some equipment. I will sell my amp, I am done with carrying heavy amp in show, thats over for me.Also at first, I dont see me as an active profiler. I think I'd prefer to buy some excellent profiles we can find, and also get the free one and then experiment with it , fine tune it.... I got some excellent pedals and as I wont have amp anymore I wonder if I should sell thoses pedals too??? . So my question is: do you think I should sell those 2 pedals: Allan Holdsworth distortion and a compresser (hyper gravity) OR keep it and find some utility to use it with the Kemper??? Do I really need those 2 pedals as I wont have amps any more . Thanks for your help and precious suggestions

I can tell you that it's GREAT :) Phantastic tones possible with an enourmous amount of depth. You'll love it when your dream comes true.
    Personally I own 3 Profilers and I loooove the dual amp setup.

3 Kempers ???? Gee I think your down to earth reality surpass my crazy dream .... lol hahahahaha thats cool man I am happy for you man..... have fun !!!

you may have phase issues with that setup

well maybe, but you know, i dreamed of it... in my sleep lol :) in reality i got this splitter pedal in my set up, its linked to two different amps, I dont get phase issue so far but the sound is always different left and right ex one amp can get effect not the others... So it would be fun to try this set up one day, as an experiment.. I would definitly put two different profiles and eq and fx on each sides. as we know , bi amp is used on many records. So anyway back to reality I am putting money aside to buy one thats my first goal.... after that who knows? ... lol :) have a nice day

I had a dream... that one day... I'd get a Bi-Kemper system. Something like the picture. I really dreamed I had this system last night in my sleep. I am a big fan of stereo bi-amp,I dunno, but I dreamed of this.I think I suffer of ''KAS'' (Kemper acquisition syndrome) Here's a picture to describe it, not rocket science but interesting. Back to reality I will be perfectly happy with one.but if I can win lottery I could be tempted with a Bi-Kemper or a Quadra Kemper why not ? LOL have a nice day guys ;)