Posts by dmatthews

The way I do it is to start with a rig that I like, usually a crunchy tone. I set it up at gig volume (important to understand the gain)

Then I add clean and dirtier profiles to a performance, adjusting the Rig volume as I go. Most important to do this at gig volume.

Save as you go.

It's easier if you work with one particular profile maker, as usually they have already normalized rig volume levels. That being said, you'll quickly understand how to manipulate things after a while.

Just do it at gig volume, not bedroom level.

You'll end up just using your main/master volume for gigs like a normal amp for various gigs instead of fussing with rig volumes.

Have fun!

No idea. Not particularly interested in rerouting outputs to find out. It worked flawlessly for 20 days including a gig. The fact it spontaneously lost a ground somewhere has me waiting on service to respond or I'll just return it. I'm not going to try using alternate connections as a workaround. I want it fixed/replaced. Losing those outputs would completely mess up how I record with the Kemper. It amazes me that they would release the Stage before it was ready, yet they had a functioning version of the editor at NAMM last January. Right now, I'm pretty disappointed in Kemper.

OK, no worries. I was just being curious in a troubleshooting way. Not suggesting a work around.

If you've opened a ticket check your spam/junk folder, and I've heard that today was a holiday in Germany.

Best of luck my friend.

Can't say I've seen that before on here. Generally, the remote has been a freakin' tank. I think you may be opening a ticket.

Hey y'all. I just got the Britt ValveTrain amp and did a quick demo of it. I tried to get a comparison of how it sounds in the room and direct. I really need to try some different mics to try & capture the real room sound. The 57 I was using sounds a bit too much like a 57! Anyway, to my ears this amp sounds extremely close to what I'm getting in my IEM's. I usually just have 1 ear in and having this amp on stage really fills out the sound for me.

Take a listen & let me know what you think.

And sorry about the sloppy playing!

ValveTrain Demo

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I need to listen to this again on my monitors at home Chris. All I have at work is junk. Nice job as usual.

I just emailed support. It's very similar, yet different still.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

What happens if you use the monitor outs to the speakers instead of using the 1/4" mains?

I think I'm really screwed now - during practice yesterday (the gaffer's tape worked fine throughout) my sound disappeared... twice! All lights stayed on and Remote switched fine... but only hazy background sounds of the actual preset could be heard.

Nothing would revive it except a reboot. I wrote a support ticket, but of course I need it this weekend! I had to break down and order a new one and will pray my latest backup will restore properly on the new one. I guess it's like an old computer - they give out at some time (6 1/2 yrs in my case). Repair may follow, we'll see. Mighty bummed here though.

Best of luck Gary, I've become dependent on mine as well, as I bet many here have too.

so, on the matter of compatible" OS

do you think that if the rental KPA is on the latest OS, but the backup was made from the previous iteration, that would be a problem?

or to put it another way, is the issue that they need to be the same, or just that the KPA shouldn't be on an older version?

My motto is to restore to same or newer.

That being said I'd like the "newer" to be within 1 rev. Certainly not an older rev. Imagine restoring from a 6.x rev with the new reverbs to an older without.

My Yamaha's DXR10mkii arrived yesterday. At first I though they where too dark sounding until I really cranked them. They sound flatter and much louder than the EV 12 zlx-p. The EV sounded so overhyped on the high and low end that I had to lower the tone controls in the back. I had to redo my profiles because they where too dark for the DXR10mkii but once I got used to them they sound more natural than the EV's. I don't know how the new DXR10mkii compares to the older ones as far as sound, but I know the high frequecy driver has a neodymium magnet and they're louder than the old ones by 1 or 2 dB.

The real test will be at rehearsal because I couldn't hear the EV's and when I crank them the sounds starts to deteriorate , that's why I purchased the Yamaha's. If anyone is interested to hear how they sound loud, I can report back.

Yes, please do.

I have the older model and like it a lot. Would love to hear how you get on with the new ones!

First dial in CLEAN SENS correctly.

Afterwards level your clean and distorted rigs by using rig volume.

^^^THIS^^^

I start with a rig I like (usually something a bit crunchy) and set it up using main volume and volume at the FRFR. I make sure I'm at gig volume.

Then I go for clean and filthy profiles and adjust rig volume to taste for the performance mode.

It helps to use profiles from the same source/profile creator, so that they are likely all normalized already.

Hmmm...

I have my toaster on 7.0.9 and the remote works with all my cables, original and 3rd party.

You can get a spare original here

https://shop.kempermusic.us/ke…rofiler-remote-cable.html