Posts by CranneyLive

Normally pretty comfortable with this but trying now with Kemper with no luck. Using Pro tools and sessions is at 88.2. Can't figure out if its the routing or that Kemper can't do 88.2?

Kemper is set to SPDIF input - spdif cables going both ways

Any insight would be helpful and appreciated thanks

Did you shield the connectors of the back side of the panel? Is it necessary ?

In the process of building a patch panel now. It will go front side under my kemper rack - so it shouldn't come in contact with anything in general. I am curious if they needed to be shielded or heat shrunk.

Many thanks

Hi - trying to sort out routing for live gigs.

I noticed today that there is about a 6-8 db difference between the xlr main output and the corresponding 1/4 main outputs (1/4 is quieter). Am i missing something here? is this the +4, -10 difference between xlr and 1/4"?

Also - when comparing the monitor output signal with the main out the monitor was was smaller and quieter as well.

I am hoping someone here might be able to point me in the right direction..

Many thanks

For monitoring in stereo do you mainly need to hear your guitar in stereo or the rest of the band in stereo?

If it's mainly to hear your sound in stereo you can send the band monitoring feed into the aux input in the KPA and blend in your stereo guitar signal and plug your in ears into the headphone jack.

If you need everyone else in stereo the same applies as long as your monitoring system is stereo.

I monitor using the allen heath me-1 . We record our shows to so I am needing to send signal to the board and monitoring from their - it just occurred to me though i could take the headphone out of the kemper into the aux in on the AH ME-1

Thanks for your reply - just getting back to this - I am using the remote in performance mode. Will check out the noise gate stomps thank you.

Awesome night.love the kemper as a live rig.

When I switch to my acoustic, I hit the tuner on remote to mute. After switching I scroll to my acoustic performance and it unmutes the kemper and there is feedback as I scroll - likely still on previous performance - I realize I can change patches BEFORE switching from electric to acoustic. I can probably also use volume pedal to lower volume. Is there any setting that keeps it muted while scrolling?

#2 still trying to solve how to get to FOH and my board (for inear monitoring). I vastly prefer stereo inear
    Right now I am splitting signal (XLR out via ART splitter) - sending stereo to my board and and left side to FOH. I want to maintain stereo for monitoring and go mono front of house. We record our shows with our board (AH qu16) so having good signal to board is also a priority.
    Line out is several db quieter rather than xlr. Not sure what to send to where to get best quality.

Another observation - House power is noisy - had to roll up gate considerably on most patches to kill noise that wasn't there at rehearsal (my studio)

Any thoughts ? Many thanks

I use the same set up as you. I go into the QU-16 Mono for FOH from the monitor out on the kemper, this allows me to use the stereo outs on the kemper in to the QU-16 for my IEM mix and i can have Space on IEM mix. Love space when using IEM's

Appreciate the feedback - wasn't sure if it was an issue sending to FOH from monitor out - did you spend time a/b ing the patches at all? - I use the ME -1 monitor and absolutely preferred monitoring in stereo

many thanks

Thanks Robman! long time lurker - can say that this box is one of the best investments I have made!

I am still wondering if there is any downside to using the monitor out to go to front of house? Makes sens if the house is looking for a mono send while I am trying to maintain stereo monitoring on stage.. curious of there is a downside.

Thanks for your response. Any concerns sending stereo to FOH? I have been experimenting with the setup to see if a stereo signal (together or left only only) diminishes the tone strength at all. The mono signal cuts nicely for sure but I much prefer the effects in stereo while monitoring. Some of the profiles I use are ambient patches that are considerably different in mono.

Any thoughts on getting to FOH in mono other than the mains?

Fairly new to kemper and loving it.

How do I route this;

Mono to FOH and stereo for IEM?

We split all signals on stage ; to FOH and to my QU16 for IEM (and recording live).

I monitor in stereo (via an Allen Heath ME1) which makes for a great in ear mix

Is it simple enough to send only one(left) side of the stereo main out to FOH? This way I can still go stereo to our monitor desk ? Otherwise what would the routing be so that I can maintain stereo In ear monitoring but send mono to FOH?
    Can I send a mono signal via some other output ?

Thanks /Darrin