Posts by Wheresthedug

another thing to consider is that Bluetooth headphones may introduce latency to the signal path which might affect the feel of playing. I have never used Bluetooth headphones so can’t comment from personal experience but I believe this to be true based on specs. However, the short answer to “can I use my…….” Is “try it and see if you like it”.

You can create Input presets as required. If you lock the Input menu these will remain constant even when you change Rigs. If you leave the Input section unlocked the settings will change with each rig. The lock status in independent between Browser mode and Performance mode so if you want both to be locked you need to se them individually.

OK, I now understand what you are trying to do. As others have already said though, this would be a fundamental change to the Kemper workflow and something that would be unpopular with many users (myself included). Kemper don't see the Slots as a single array. Each Performance is an individual entity. The array is the 5 slots in each performance.

You could conceivably achieve what you want by using Browser mode rather than Performances.

I have to strongly disagree with you that one Don but we can still be friends ? it would be simple to allow users to ise intervals and would make much more sense and be more intuitive. If some users want to use absolute values they could still do that but it drives me made having to use semi tons instead of musical intervals.

Yes, his would be a great update. I was trying to set a synced tempo delay to match a tempo in a DAW yesterday. The tempo was 120 but I could only get 119.9 or 120.1. I know that in reality a difference of 0.1 of a quarter note will make zero difference in a track but it would still be nice and muuch easier to simply double click and type a value.

but you still need to remember to convert min3rd to 3 and major 3rd to 4 when entering as Kpemper uses semi tones rather than intervals. It would be much easier and more intuitive if there was the ability to enter proper musical intervals.

hi dgraycon the first thing to do is confirm exactly where the problem originates. Is it definitely the Kone or is it something earlier in the signal path? Have you checked that this only happens with the Kone? Do you hear the same issue on headphones or studio monitors? Do you hear the same issue with the Kone in full range mode?

If it only occurs with the Kone then we know that is the problem. If it occurs with other options then the problem is in the KPA or (more likely as it only happens with one guitar) the guitar itself.

It is a two step process.

First Move the required slots to make space. Then insert the new Rig.

In RM this is do by Selecting a Slot (Say Number 3 for example) and right clicking. Then use Move Up/Move Down to move to the new Location to leave an empty space. Alternatively use the cmd+up arrow or cmd+down arrow keyboard shortcuts. Now fill the empty slot with the Rig you want to add.

Alternatively just add the new rig to the next available slot then use the Move Up command to move it to the required location.

This can also be done directly on the KPA by pushing the Edit softkey then the Slot Settings Softkey

He lost me as soon as I seen the cheapo amp on a chair. No matter how you mic'd it, it was never going to sound good.

To be fair, Steve Albini has recorded enough awesome guitars tones in his career to know what does and doesn’t work. I would listen to wha pt he has to say.

the cheap amp looks like a Fender Champ which is a phenomenal recording amp and has been used in the studio (usually on a chair) for many legendary guitar tones. Alan Murphy pretty much always used his Champ for recording. Clapton apparently used a Tweed Champ for the Layla album, 461 Ocean Boulevard and others.

I'm struggling to get a consistent volume level from my performances. I tried to balance everything out as well as I could but always notice differences in volume when switching to a different rig.

should be super easy. Make sure your Clean Sense is set for your guitar(s) and lock the input section. Remember that the Input menu is independent between Browser mode and Performance Mode. Then use either Amp Volume or Rig volume to balance the levels across Rigs.

I'm also noticing a slight lag when I do switch to a different performances while playing a song. If I go from say a clean tone (on one performance) to a overdriven tone (to another performance).

While I do notice a lag in Browser Mode I get zero lag in Performance Mode. I use Browser Mode at home for trying stuff out but only ever use Performance mode live.

I'm also finding that the overdrives are just ok. I was noticing while soloing this past weekend that some of my notes would get cut off while trying to sustain a note. Maybe it's the noise gate kicking in? How does everyone else get by? Maybe it's just better to find a good overdriven rig and NOT use the overdrives. Would love to hear what everyone else out there is using.

I rarely use OD as I prefer to just find a rig that works for me. I never really used OD Pedals with my valve amps either though. However, I have tested the new Kemper Drive OD Fx and think they sound really fantastic. I have no issue using them when required. The same is true of the new Fuzzes. I have never noticed the note being cut off with an OD any differently than with a high gain amp profile. Sounds like a noise gate issue.

Last thing, what's everyone's thoughts on the Kemper's tuner? I've been using it but I'm thinking that it's not 100% accurate. I would like to point out though that my bandmates all love the tones I'm getting, maybe I'm just so use to playing real amps it's taking me a bit to adjust?

I was worried about this too at the beginning. I tested it against my Korg Rack tuner (I sold the Korg afterwards :D), Boss TU3, Logic and Guitar Rig software tuners, RJM Mastermind midi controller, and a Peterson iPhone tuner app. The Kemper was spot against them all. I now only use the Kemper tuner on my Remote and use it in Strobe Mode. Can’t imagine going back to the bubble thing ever.

that’s not what the OP is asking.

I don’t understand the difference though.

I have read many of your posts and know that you have very specific needs due to the nature of theatre shows. Most of the things you need, and the way you use the system, would cause my brain to explode (I’m a really simple guy). However, having read your explanations I totally understand why your workflow is necessary for the type of work you do. I have massive respect for players like yourself who do those gigs. In this instance I am just trying to understand how “scenes” differ from the current KPA version.

I think this is more of a global assignment.

To be honest, the way that the Remote effect buttons are assigned - specifically, manually for each rig and button is a pain. There are 4 buttons and 4 effects yet no plan to create an option to automatically match them up. ?

I challenge anyone to remember that button 3 on rig # 328 turns the chorus on and the EQ off.

OK. I actually like the ease of use with the Remote so much that I ditched my RJM Mastermind midi controller. However, I do agree that the ability to assign button presets in RM and have these applied automatically rather than having to set each one manually would be a great addition.