Posts by Wheresthedug

While I agree with many of the requests, no one is interested in a Synth slot module? The one in the Fractal units is amazing and allows to play fantastic mono synth lines, with the largue expertise of Kemper company in synths it could be stelar, maybe even polyphonic.

Also I would add more routing options, as the actual system is to much closed.

this has been requested several times n other threads. If the KPA has the processing power to do it I would think it might come along one day.

The short answer is - you can decide which type of signal you send to each output independently of any other. Therefore, Stereo to FOH has no impact on whether Monitor is Stereo or Mono. Kemper doesn’t automatically sum any Stereo Signal to mono (ie it doesn’t do mono if you only plug into one output.) instead you control exactly what you want and can save these as presets if necessary.

My additions:

1. PoE onboard
    2. Second Morph + separate morph for gain + separate morph for volume
    3. Automatic assigning of a fixed effect to an effect button no matter where it is in the effect slots (eg right effect button always for pitch, left effect button always for delay, …). Best would be a kind of „Live Mode“ where we are able to select general effect presets that will be added to a profile in the „Live Mode“ (kind of locking feature but with the opportunity to program and save those pedal board presets and apply them as wanted).
    4. The possibility to plug in my guitar into the remote (not a big fan of wireless systems but I love to have only one cable on stage). Anyway I would not mind a wireless Receiver being built in the Kemper.
    5. Bar-based Looper with longer recording periods and the ability to safe samples (for recording purposes of ideas that come up with certain profiles).
    6. Better effect-types and -settings regarding Flanger, Chorus, Tremolo and Phaser. Also consider more trigger options like pitch based altering and activations of effects (LFO, …).
    7. Input/Output:
      - Powercon
      - Ethercon right at the KPA
    8. Multi-Gain-Profiling (eg. having the possibility to „store“ different gain stages of the amp to reflect a more natural sound experience when altering the profile)
    9. A kind of adaption of my pickups to better fit the pickups used by the profilers. Oftentimes the sound is so different from any sound sample.

1 - would need new hardware I think

2 - YES Please !

3 - I would love something similar too.

4 - would definitely need new hardware as there is no audio capability in the Remote at the moment.

5 - Not something that interests me personally but I can definitely see how it could be useful for some people.

6 - I wouldn’t be surprised if this is already on the development radar given the Reverb, Delay, Overdrive, Fuzz updates. If it is, I a, sure Kemper will come out with something truly amazing with more than a few surprises.

7 - don’t even understand. Filed under way too technical for my simple brain ?

8 - I like this in principle but can’t imagine how it would work in practice. But maybe CK can.

9 - I see that as a positive not something that needs to be fixed. The same would be true of a real valve amp. Why bother with different guitars if the amp makes them all sound the same.

But is it possible to use the loop and have two hw pedals at the same time? In that case you get at least one more than 4 as it is now.

True. To be honest, I personally can’t imagine a scenario whereI would need more than the 8 slots currently available (although the ability to change how many are before/after the Stack would be nice) but I suppose some folks must need it ??‍♂️

Quote from Main Manual Page 100

• You probably use Direct PROFILEs in your live set, such as acoustic guitar sounds or bass Rigs. Direct PROFILEs

are indicated by having the cabinet module set to “Empty” and feature a full-range sound. Running a full-range sound through a traditional guitar speaker will sound unpleasant. Therefore, in Speaker Imprint mode (Monitor Cab Off active), when switching to a Direct PROFILE, KEMPER Kone will automatically switch to full-range mode for that Rig. No preparation required!

• For specific situations, e.g. temporarily playing bass guitar through a studio or merged PROFILE of a bass amp, you can enforce full-range mode by selecting “Full-Range“ from the Imprint Select options found within the cabinet module.

• If you are using the KEMPER Acoustic Simulator effect, you are advised to switch off the amplifier and cabinet

+1

I am really getting annoyed when I "save as" a rig and it propagates to the bottom of the list. Then I have to scroll back up the list to do an A/B comparison of the rig that I just copied and renamed. We need either a Refresh button or Auto Refresh after a name change.

yep, this one drives me absolutely mental every time I save.

I’m sorry to hear you are having issues and hope you get it sorted quickly. I don’t have anything particularly insightful to contribute regarding the cause or solution. However, I am a little concerned that a Helix, Quad and now Kemper have all blown out. That would suggest that the problem isn’t the Kemper, Helix etc but something else n the chain which is damaging them.

are you using the right USB port on the KPA? You nee. To use the one with a printer cable (USB A n one end and USB B on the other) not a regular USB A cable.

I’m 98% satisfied with my Kemper for recording, and maybe 68% for live.

It’s become my recording amp and it’s almost always incredible. But it stays at home for gigs.

????

It is now my main amp for everything but if I was going to mix and match I would be more inclined to use valve amps in the studio and the Kemper live.

there are no wrong or right answers. Whatever works for you works for you.

I’m not being judgmental but I am genuinely curious why you found this.

Following on from what BayouTexan said, most commercial profile sellers have their own “style” or sound. A good way to find which profilers you like is to go through the factory content free rig packs. Once you find someone who’s general sound is to your liking you can explore their specific commercial packs for the specific amps you want.

Yes this is what I mean with +10db from the preamp I get -8db with TRS cable.

Why not use XLR with line in?

I would use XLR. There is no TRS output on the KPA it is an unbalanced TS. It will still work with a TRS cable but you still don’t get the extra 6db gain or balanced signal for noise rejection. To get the same level from the TS output as XLR you would need to run your interface gain at +6 not 0.