Posts by Wheresthedug

1 - There are lots of free Mesa profiles on Rig Exchange. There also many great paid for profiles available. However, if we start discussing these here this post will be moved to the Commercial Profile section of the forum by the mods.

2 - I’m not sure if I fully understand your question but I think what you are saying is that you have the Delay an Reverb turned on but they are not being recorded. If that is correct then you need to go to the Output Menu and make sure you have the source for the output you are using set to Master Mono or Master Stereo. If you have it set as Stack it will tap he signal for that output after the Amp and Cabinet. If it shows Mod it will tap the signal after the Modulation block so Stack plus X plus Mod but before Delay and Reverb.

For the low volume, make sure that the volume in the output menu is turned up for the output you are using (Master, Monitor, SPDIF etc). It is possible to unlink volumes from the front panel Master Volume Knob so you may have a volume turned down.

3 - tick the favourite box in Rig Manager or push and hold the Rig button on the KPA

Using a guitar preamp I can get much more volume to my sono or scarlett, I really dont get why a 1700euros monster like Kemper cant give as much volume output as I want. With the amp volume at max and monitor volume at max I get -6db. With my v-twin pedal used only as preamp I get +18db for sure.

something is definitely off with your device. This is either a setting or a hardware fault. The levels you are getting are not normal. The Kemper has a very hot output than usually need to be tamed rather than boosted.

do you have a volume pedal plugged in? Have you used a pedal but not currently plugged in? Could the KPA be stuck thinking that the volume is being reduced because of a volume pedal?

check the pedal settings and make sure there is nothing in the signal path that is attenuating the volume such as an OD with reduced output or a compressor etc with the level turned down.

I might be wrong (wouldn’t be the forst time ?) but I think that is how the Kemper Noise gate works already. It is much easier to do that sort of thing in the digital world than in analog so it would seem a no-brainer to implement that approach.

If you take a profile with more gain the Kemper profiling process went through the amp determining the sound of the gain and it does it at varying sound levels so it knows how the amp responded to that. When you turn the gain down the Kemper has a much better idea of how the amp reacted to that when it was profiled and tends to sound better to my ear.

That was my theory too. I did a very detailed test to try and confirm it but the results surprised me. Admittedly I only used one amp (a THD BiValve which is Non Master volume so may behave differently than a master volume high gain amp like my Mesas) but the results were clear to my ears. Turning down the gain on the Kemper didn’t sound like running the amp less hard. However, it did sound almost identical to turning down the guitar volume knob.

One day I will try to find the time to redo this test with a master volume amp and just turn down the pre amp gain to see if the results are different.

Run from the Monitor Out using Master Mono. Makes sure Monitor Cab Off is ticked.

This will give the same sound as Master Mono on the Main Outs with the cabinet bypassed but will leave the Main Outs still available for recording or hooking up to FOH PA

In my mind the difference is simple and clear.

A modeller tries to recreate the piece of equipment that makes the sound. The AxeFX, Helix etc try to model the signal path of the real amps. This in turn means that the model should behave like the real thing when turning knobs, flicking switches etc etc. It is modelling the hardware which restls in a recreation of the sound. It is very processor intensive as a result.

A profiler catures a snapshot of a SOUND. It doesn't try to replicate the signal path of the original hardware but merely capture the actual sound. As a result knobs switches etc don't respond like the real amp as the profiler doesn't possess the information to know how these controls work on the real device. The benefit is that it needs massively less processing power to achieve the same or better results soundwise. The trade off is that it can't be treated like the real amp for editing tones.

OFSnap I totally agree with you. In fact one of my regular feature requests is that ability to control everything in RM from keyboard shortcuts instead of mouse clicks (like most DAWs). I would love the ability to create user customised shortcuts rather than just a series of predefined key commands. Holding a pick and working a mouse at the same time is a lot less user friendly that key commands.