Posts by Wheresthedug

I think this could be solved very easily by adding something else that is frequently requested - a tuner in RM. If the tuner were added this would create the opportunity to mute by clicking the tuner button just like the physical KPA.

It sounds like you had Monitor Out either off or Git (which is pure DI guitar signal). It is up to what you want to send to the Monitor Output. If you only want a dry sound then Stack which bypasses any effect in X, Mod, Delay or Rev. You could also have the signal after the Mod slot but before Delay and Rev or just send the full rig which would be Master Mono.

there is no reason why changing the Monitor/Speaker out should cut the Main Output so you must have done something else at the same time.

1) 4x12's are way more directional than you think. Off axis they don;t sound that good and levels drop massively

that’s the main reason I gave up on 4x12 cabs. To get to a level where I was happy on stage the front of the audience get blown away like being in the blast zone of a nuclear bomb.

i just don't see in a rock/metal situation how it can deliver.

I’m not a metal guy but I can tell you that a 5 piece brass section right behind your head is pretty &£*@in’ loud ?

I friend of mine recently posted a photo of his old rig from his stadium days on Facebook. he is a Kemper stage user now but that rig was a pair of Mesa Lonestars in stereo for crunch and a Fender Twin for clean. He said it was so loud he couldn’t stand in front of it even on those gigs. The funny thing was he pointed out the clips on the front of stage set which were used to hang the dummy 412 grills for the audience ?

Interesting what you say about a second Kabinet... so you would not recomend to get a second cabinet for a fuller sound?

I'm no expert on cabinet design but from my limited understanding I believe the fuller sound you desire is more to do with internal cabinet dimensions than never of speakers. I.e 2 112 cabinets is not the same as one larger 212 cabinet.

I know what you mean about bass thump but in general less is more when it comes to cutting through. If a single 12 isn't loud enough (not the same as having bass end thump) then the and are too loud. I hope you are wearing hearing protection. That's not a judgement just a regret from someone who spent their first 20+years without hearing protection and is paying the price now.

Hi Pierluigi it's actually pretty straightforward. Speaker Cable (NOT guitar cable) from red output on KPA to input of can. Any impedance from 4 - 16ohms should work fine and the Kemper doesn't need to be set to match: it just works.

If you are using a guitar cabinet you will normally want to tick Monitor Can Off which will disable the cab portion of the profile for the monitor/speaker out but leave it active on the main Outs for direct to FOH or recommending.

You need to set the Monitor Output signal to something mono (unless using a second power amp for stereo cabs). I normally go with Master Mono but Stack or Mod Mono would also be viable depending on the specific sound you want.

I would also unlink the Main Output grom the volume knob but leave it linked for the Monitor output. This will let you adjust onstage volume without affecting the FOH mix.

Plug mag pup into front input.

Plug piezo into return on rear

Make stomp A a mono FX loop.

There will be no send for the loop only the return for your piezo signal.

In rig menu tick Parallel Path enabled.

Now Puezo and any effect you put in Stomp B will bypass the rest of the chain and go straight to main output.

Mag pup will bypass Stomps A and B but go through everything else from Soon C onwards.

Unfortunately Parallel Path only allows Stomp A and B so you are limited to one actual effect. It would be nice to be able to decide how many Stomps were in the Parallel Path so that you could add more FX to the acoustic sign ? but this still works reasonably well.

If you are looking for a good Soldano there are a few free samples available from that rig back.

Also there is a killer Soldano Crunch in the factory content Bert Meulendijk 2 folder in Rig Manager.

That would be a nice feature but I would take it one step further and actually create a SetList mode like RJM midi editing software. You would have a setlist folders in RM and each folder could be reordered easily in RM then copied to KPA. More than one setlist could be stored simultaneously in the KPA (as long as the total songs didn’t exceed the 125 slots available). You could change between setlists with the browser rather than go to the end of one set to start the next.

That's not correct Tex. Standard RCA will work but only over very short lengths. The difference is really just impedance matching. SPDIF should be 75ohm. You need a convertor for CoAx (RCA) SPDIF to Optical SPDIF but that is a different issue. A digital CoAxial cable still only has the same two conductors as an audio coaxial cable not 3 like a balanced cable.