Posts by Wheresthedug

lightbox has totally nailed it. I would definitely go for studio monitors over a PA style FRFR cab. But above all don’t underestimate the effect of some basic room treatment. I would spend more on treatment than on gear if possible. Relatively modest speakers can sound very good in a well treated room while a bad room can make £10k speakers sound like shit. Most people spend way more than they need to on gear in a quest to improve their sound and mixes when a few hundred quid of Rockwool or OC703 and some basic acoustic knowledge would have given far better results.

look at the high cut value in the delay and make sure you aren’t making the repeats too dark.

also, there is function called more cut or something similar whit rolls off the top end even faster to let you get more of a Carbon Copy type repeat try toggling that on and off to check you aren’t accidentally dulling the repeats.

i’m not an Edge fan but I believe his two delays run in parallel. If that’s the case then Dual Delay should be the right tool for the job. I also think he runs his delays into the front of a slightly dirty amp so try placing the delay fx in stomp D rather than the traditional Dly slot.

turning down the gain has the same effect as turning down the guitar volume knob. It is similar to turning down the gain on the real amp but not necessarily the same. Also tweaking the tone controls on the real amp is very different to the to e knobs on the Kemper. The knobs on real amps are interactive. Turning the treble also has an effect on the bass and mids. You can only ever reduce frequencies with the real amp tone controls (never boost them - unless the amp has an active tone stack). Also, changing the tone knobs on a valve amp also changes the gain structure of the amp. In contrast, the kemper tone controls are fixed frequencies and independent of each other. They can cut AND boost frequencies but don’t change the gain structure of the rig.

i was trying to put together some basic performances to cover most possibilities for a jam night on Saturday. The behaviour of RM and the KPa was so bad and erratic that I finally gave up and trying to create them on the KPA itself. Unfortunately this meant copying various rigs from RM to MyProfiler but ttrying to narrow down he potential rigs to copy was so bad with the current search criteria bug that I eventually gave up on that too. I got so depressed by the who.e sorry affair that I ended up making my apologies and didn’t bother going to the jam night in the end. ?

the editor virtual knobs and ability to see things on a single page is quite nice but isn’t a big issue for me. However, the real value of RM is in auditioning rigs and creating performances. At the moment this part is a total disaster. I am sure the team will get it sorted out eventually but I am seriously considering downgrading to RM 2 again.

the TS output 2 only controls the switch. You need to also connect a TRS to output 1 in order to control the expression funtion.

A more accurate one would be the "taster" samples that are given out at the supermarket. You might say well that's what the free sample profiles are, but the difference is that the taster samples will be exactly what the product is, while the sample profiles are are not necessarily what you would be getting.

But the sample profiles most profilers give away ARE exactly what you would be getting so there is no difference to the taster foods.

ewikman

1 - this apparently a deliberate decision by Kemper. I can’t follow their logic though (even though they have explained it) and hope they reintroduce the ability to select profiles with either the Return key or Space Bar. For the time being you need to use Left and Right arrows instead of up and down.

2 - I don’t get this behaviour on Mac. Are you on Windows?

3 - I have noticed this too and reported it. It is the single biggest bug that is driving me mad at the moment.

4 - i’m not sure. I haven’t noticed myself but I don’t use a lot of FAVs

5 - this is part of the search bug in 3. If you go into the sub folder and hit return or backspace it will clear the search criteria. Even though the search box looks empty the search is still filtering in the background.

the looper functionality on the remote is so simple to use there isn’t really much need for detailed videos.

however, in my opinion the looper functionality is one of the least impressive reasons to buy a remote. The totally seamless way it integrates bidirectionally with the KPA without any midi programming while giving access to 4 pedal inputs without the need to run cables from the KPA to front of stage are so impressive that the looper stuff is just a nice little bonus.

i should probably say that I have an FCB1010 (which I tried with and without the UNO4Kemper chip) and an RJM Mastermind PBC10. They both work well but when I finally got the Remote I finally understood what everyone way talking about. I haven’t plugged in either of the orther boards since I got the remote.

i don’t have many bugs on Mac either. There are some pretty glaring functionality issues but I have reported them all on the official bug reporting form and know they will be fixed in due course. However, I haven’t had many crashes and no update problems etc on Mac.

I know this will be an unpopular opinion, but I see nothing wrong with sharing paid profiles (or music/movies/shows for that matter), as long as you do it as a try-before-you-buy kinda thing. If you like it AND will be using it, then go out and buy the pack it came from.

Yes, I may have dropped around $2k for a profiler, but that sure as shit doesn't mean I have the $$ to drop 50 here and there until I find the right profile for me.

I think this is good for the producers as well. It helps to introduce them to ppl that may have never heard of them, or introduce someone to a product of theirs which would never have been on a consumers radar. If I spend $$ buying a pack which, to me at least, sounds like crap, and I can't return it, I'm not gonna risk spending more money on another one. But what if my ultimate profile is in another pack? We both lose out.

I don’t agree about our right to share. There is a clear legal contract when buying profiles, music or films that expressly forbids sharing to protect the original producers.

however, i do agree about the advantage of being able to try before you buy and that this actually works to the producers advantage for the very reasons you mention. In the case of films the comparison would be trailers and promotional clips given to media organisations. For music it might be radio airplay of singles etc (even though that isn’t free the listener doesn’t pay directly). In the case of Kemper profiles most commercial profilers are happy to distribute sample packs Via their websites, some are even on RM or in the KPA factory rigs. They know that by making free profiles available they will convert some people to paying customers. However, the difference between this and the honour system that you describe is that the producers are in control and are free to make their own decisions about their work.

I am all for protection of people’s rights and their work. But okay....I’m also the kinda person who follows the law as much as humanly possible. I don’t know about others. My common sense says no. I believe that people should be paid for their music, their movie, their paintings, their crafts, their service etc. To me this is no different than an artist making a record and people just download it for free and don’t give a rats arse.

You are not alone.

Another member sent me a Rig once with effects he had set up for a specific song. When I got it I noticed the underlying profile was actually an Amp Factory profile. So I went and bought the original profile pack from the Amp Factory website to keep my

conscience clean.

There have been plenty of cases of people being banned from this forum for sharing commercial profiles or stating aggressively that it is their right to share anything the want regardless of who owns it. Nothing is perfect but I still have more faith in humanity than I do in copyright protection.

I think this was the biggest misconception Kemper did when they designed the Profiler software.

Each Profiler has a unique registration/serial number and it would be easy to build something like a DRM on it.

i think the real issue is that Kemper never envisioned a market for commercial profile sellers. They saw the tool as a way to capture your own amp settings. Then they saw it as a way for people to share their profiles rather than develop a business selling them. I’m sure they were surprised by the rise of the commercial profile marketed and if they had realised it would happen they may have built in protection at outset.