Posts by Wheresthedug

Yes. iR = Impulse Response.

There are some Celstian Ir in the factory content but you can load any IR yourself. If you are using the new RM3 Beta you just drag and drop them to the Presets window. If you are using an older version you will need to run them through the Cab Maker software to convert them to Kemper format.

That's fine but like...couldn't they have just enabled dragging from the other rig into your current rig without needing it to be a preset :/

I suspect that may come in a future version. At the moment you can achieve the same thing by right clicking on the Cab section and selecting lock all but cabinet. Now you can drag any rig you want on to the Cab block and it will only load the cab portion of the rig.

Ah, OK. That wasn’t obvious to me (probably because I’m stupid ?) as I thought you were referring to using the editor. I didn’t think anyone was going to touch the knobs on the KPA itself now the editor was out ?

How do we switch cabs? Also on Mac Load Impulse Response option is greyed out.

But this editor is top notch!!!!!

Thank you Kemper

If the Cab exists as a Preset, simply drag and drop the preset onto the Cab block. If it doesn't then lock All But Cab and drag a rig with the cab you want to use onto the Rig you have selected in the editor.

If you want to use that Cab regularly drag from the cab section into the Preset list and it will be there from now on.

You should be able to just drag an IR from your desktop or any folder straight into the preset list on RM. It works on my Mac with 10.15.1

OK. I understand but even this tends to vary from room to room.

You have 3 ways of achieving the required result already that don't need to lock the Amp EQ section.

1- if you are using a decent PA (and sound engineer) then the best way to deal with making a guitar sit in the mix is to leave FOH EQ to the desk. If this in't an option.....

2 - Insert a Studio EQ or GEQ in one of the FX Slots and lock this. Downside is that you tie up an FX slot which you might want to use for something else. In which case....

3 - Go in to the output menu and tweak the Global EQ for the Main Output. As this is global it is automatically locked so you don't need to lock it manually.

You can already do that with the current batch tags.

The key is not to update the Rig Name which is unique. Instead just update the Amp Manufacturer and Amp Model Tag to whatever you want them to be - probably their real names. You can do this by searching in RM under Amp Manufacturer just now for a pun name that mnight represent say a Fender. I have 501 TJ profiles if I search for Fullerton I get 17 Rigs. Select all 177. Now update Amp Manufacturer and Amp Model. You can also Update Amp Name if you want. As long as you leave rig name you will still have the additional info like B3 etc.

Then you can use mentioned Lock All But Cab method and work with cabs from RM rigs ;)

That is the way I do it which is a pretty slick workflow. The only thing I would like to see added to that part of the workflow though is an option to revert to last locked configuration after loading a cab or amp. At the moment you need to unlock all r manually unlock multiple blocks one by one. A revert option would be a time saver.

Also, if you want to load the cab section only from one rig onto another use the “lock all but cab” option by right clicking on the cabinet block then drag the Rig with the cab section you want to use. If you are going to use that cab often drag the new cab section to the Preset list to make it a Cab present in future

The EQ is now part of the Amp block rather than a stand alone section so I imagine that’s the reason.

However, I don’t understand why you want to use the same EQ with every profile as a leach profile starts from a different place so almost certainly requires different EQ. What are you trying to achieve in this scenario as there may be an alternative way to do it.

I don't know if its just a Mac thing but when in Performance mode the Orange store buttons offer "Store Performance In Local Library" (works as expected) or "Store Performance #1" (just stores the performance in the current slot on the Profiler). Seems to be wrongly labelled, although and option to save directly to in performance location #x instead of current then dragging and dropping would be great.

It's not a bug. The column shows the "name" tag. So if you batch-edit that field, it will be updated in the inspector. You have probably edit the "manufacturer" tag, but that is not the one shown in the inspector.

I come to you with my cap firmly in hand. You were righ. I was being a muppet :S

I was indeed looking at the Cabinet Name tag in the List as I had the Cabinet Model column hidden. but I was editing the Cabinet Model in the inspector so the two didn't match because, as you pointed out, they weren't meant to. That'll teach me for being a smart ass.:rolleyes:

It's not a bug. The column shows the "name" tag. So if you batch-edit that field, it will be updated in the inspector. You have probably edit the "manufacturer" tag, but that is not the one shown in the inspector.

I am aware of the various tags but this is unexpected behaviour.

I checked it with both commercial profiles (in case there was a protect feature) and my own profiles. The columns are not updating even though the same field in the editor is changed on multiple rigs. Pretty sure that’s a bug ?