Posts by Wheresthedug

Maybe the PA was mono. You’d be surprised at the percentage of venues that run their PA in mono

Not surprised at all Sam. In many venues Stereo just doesn’t work and mono is a much better option. I’ve been at many gigs where they do run in stereo and stood at the opposite side of stage from the guitarist but literally couldn’t hear any guitar As it was panned to the far away speakers.

That’s pretty normal behaviour for the Kemper and traditional valve amps. The volume would normally gradually decrease with clean and low gain tones. With mid gain tones rolling the guitar volume off would tend to clean up the sound first with little volume drop them gradually reduce the volume. However, for high gain tones there is so much distortion and compression happening that by the time the tone starts to clean up the guitar pot is almost off.

You can test this by using a single high gain profile and observing the way it reacts as you lower the gain knob on the Kemper.

Yes and no.

You are correct that you can't use Volume Pedal and Morph pedal types on the same physical pedal. However, you can control Volume without a Volume pedal. You can either assign Rig Volume to the Morph pedal which effectively makes it a volume pedal. Or you can insert the Wah Pedal Booster (under Booster fx type) either before or after the stack depending on the effect you want to achieve and control this with the Wah pedal. The Wah Pedal Booster is effectively the exact same thing as the volume pedal for that specific purpose.

I

Only Performances need to be moved one by one as you need to determine a destination for each Performance e. g. Performance 37.

I often wondered why you had to move performances individually. That makes sense but I still think it is a limitation and missed opportunity that could easily be improved.

How about changing the behaviour in RM to allow users to order performances into a set list/running order. Then drag and drop the full set in one move. The selected performances would be inserted at the point the user releases the mouse. E.g I drag 10 performances into my KPA which already includes 5 performances. I release the mouse button with the cursor positioned between performances 2 and 3. Now performances 1 and 2 remain unchanged. The 10 new performances retain the set list order and become performances 3 to 12. The old performance 3 is now renumbered to become 13.

Sound is very subjective. Some (like me) love the Kemper amp, some swear by using a valve power amp while some prefer a different solid state amp. Whatever floats your boat is the right solution for you.

And you can easily assign the slow/fast soft button to the remote footswitches in the same way as you would any storm or FX slot or via the morph button option on the main rig select switches 1 - 5.

From the manual:

 High Shift, Low Shift

Both parameters influence the characteristic formants of a Cabinet PROFILE, thereby simulating a change in size. “High Shift” will make the higher formants more prominent, whereas “Low Shift” does the same for the lower frequencies

I’ll try my best but you’ll probably need to experiment a bit to get exactly what you want. Pages 125 and 126 of the manual will help with some of the terminology too.

There is a Logical function in the system menu >which should be read as “to”. Therefore Wah (W) > Volume (V) translates as :

If there is a W effect active in the rig let the pedal assigned to pedal type W control the W effect. If there is no W in the rig OR W is turned off let the pedal control V.

It is possible for there to be more than one logical condition. So for example if there is a W and Pitch (P) and V then the same pedal will control all three. However, if W and P effects are both active at the same time the pedal will control both but it should not control V and W or P at the same time. In order to function as V both W and P would need to be off.

Therefore, the effects you have as part of your rig and/or those that are turned on at any moment will dictate the function of the pedal. One pedal is a bit limited though. If you use Volume a lot I would have one pedal dedicated to volume and another for other functions.

An alternative that is more flexible but more complicated to set up (as each rig needs to be set manually) would be to use the morph function to control any effect including W and P. This would give greater control but would need much more editing.

Regardless of how many presets one has the ability to just save one version of each is a fundamental workflow requirement. At the moment lets say I have a preset called “rehearsal”. I change my rehearsal room set up and now want to change the preset in the KPA to reflect this. Logic would dictate that I just load the current preset named “rehearsal” make a change and resave it. I not still only have one preset called “rehearsal” but it reflects my current needs. At the moment I have to save a new preset. Make sure I identify which is the old one then delete it. It may not be a major issue but it is still annoying an illogical. I can’t se any logical reason NOT to have a replace option.

The Boss will work but it is stupidly expensive for what it is. I have the single switch version lying around which I bought in the 90’s and it does work. However, I bought a cheap little 2 button momentary switch off ebay for £15 and it works just as well.

It is my understanding that you should get exactly the sam result using Amp Volume or Rig Volume. However, as there is a quick direct access knob on the front panel for Rig Volume I would always use that for plain easy of use unless a particular profile is so load you would never envisage using it without alteration only then would I turn down the amp volume and resave the basic profile.