Posts by Wheresthedug

Wow! That’s awesome 😎

I use a Mono Vertigo gig bag but it only takes one guitar. The Mono dual guitar bag doesn’t look as robust as the vertigo. That Kapsul Dup looks perfect.

Firstly, be careful of what you connect to the speaker output. Never use instrument cable as it isn’t designed for the high voltages from an amp. The same goes for A/B boxes. Make sure it can handle the voltage first.

However, if you have the cabinet I think you have it should have two jack sockets on the back. These are wired in Parallel for chaining cabinets. You should be able to just connect a speaker cable from the second socket on the first cabinet to the input on the second cabinet without any other devices. This would lower the impedance from the 16 ohms to 8 ohms.

As V8guitar and others have said, the key is in using Performance Mode rather than Browser Mode.

You can use performance mode with your existing Roland Pedal if you want.

Personally I find the Remote so simple and well integrated with the KPA that I dumped my midi controllers for the ease of use which the remote offers.

A good midi controller can undoubtedly do more than the remote but you need to be good at programming the controller and spend the time and effort to achieve what you want. The remote just works straight out the box. However, as you already have the Roland pedal, I would experiment with this in Performance Mode first to get comfortable with the concept THEN decide of a Remote is necessary to make life easier. You may find that you are totally happy with your Roland.

The first step when getting one should be to discard the shoulder strap and only ever carry it by the handles IMO. That hardware is a design flaw and made with weak casting material - again IMO.

That would almost negate the main purpose of the bag for me. I like to swing it over one shoulder, a gig bag on the other, Kabinet in one hand and guitar case in the other. Full load in/out in a single trip.

I might need to look into an alternative strap just in case.

Can you use push/pull pots to get your preferred combinations?

You probably could but not on this guitar. You would need 4 push/pull pots and a 3 way toggle. This guitar has a 3 way toggle, 2 volumes and tone (like the PRS DGT).

The pickup combinations with triple shots are

Neck - Single Coil, P90, Humbucker in Parallel, Humbucker in Series.

Bridge - Single Coil, P90, Humbucker in Parallel, Humbucker in Series.

Neck Single + Bridge Single

Neck Single + Bridge P90

Neck Single + Bridge HB Parallel

Neck Single + Bridge HB Series

Bridge Single + Neck P90

Bridge Single + Neck HB Parallel

Bridge Single + Neck HB Series

Neck P90 + Bridge Single

Neck P90 + Bridge P90

Neck P90 + Bridge HB Parallel

Neck P90 + Bridge HB Series

Bridge P90 + Neck P90

Bridge P90 + Neck HB Parallel

Bridge P90 + Neck HB Series

Neck HB Parallel + Bridge HB Parallel

Neck HB Parallel + Bridge HB Series

Neck HB Series + Bridge HB Series

All with a super simple and intuitive switching system. It is utter genius its just a shame it is such flimsy plastic that it isn't even close to gig worthy. 4 push/pulls and a lot of wiring would do it but I don't use that set up on any of my guitars unfortunately.

I loved my P-Rails but made the mistake of using the Seymour Duncan Triple Shot Mounting Rings. The pickups are fantastic. The switching system is genius in theory but unfortunately so poorly executed that they are a waste of time. After going through two sets of triple shots I know have a set of P-Rails in a guitar that I can’t use until I rewire everything with a more robust switching system. This will require boring holes in the guitar which I can’t be bothered with at the moment. Gutted by this as the pickups themselves are great.

Place it in the slot you typically use then lock it. It will now be on all the time.

If you don't want it on all the time you can still use the lock concept. Select a rig with the effect present (could also use more effects if you want to transfer them to the new rig too) lock the effect(s). Select a new rig. Make any changes. Save rig. Now when you unlock everything will go back to functioning as normal but you will have save the Cut The Mix eq as part of the new rig.

This only applies if the equipment at both ends supports “balanced” signals. The Monitor Out is TS (unbalanced) so there is no advantage in using TRS cables in this case.

I would be VERY surprised if you could duplicate it in the DAW EQ. The reason being that the guitar tone knobe is changing the sound before the Amp but DAW is after. The guitar EQ changes the distortion characteristics as well as general tone. Test this by using a Studio EQ with your example settings and listen to the difference with is in Stomps Vs Effects.