Posts by ToneDeaf

Hey, I am an old enough guy for whom it was a big deal when computers went from beige to black. :)

For today's youth, the corners should be customizable colors you select on the web when you order it - and of course the handle would match it. Salmon, aquamarine, corn silk, etc .

If you have Rig Manager installed, you could start by filtering on your favorite amp brands, sorting by gain and trying the ones with the lowest gains.

Don't forget to eat and drink if you do this ^^

I am more of a high gain guy so what I think of clean may not be clean at all but someone recommended the included profile Hey Jim before and I think it is marvelous. You can find it listed here: https://www.kemper-amps.com/factoryrigs

I think what so many of us are confused about in this thread is Mark1964 is not talking about just flat out across the board latency. 3-4 ms absolute delay is really not perceptible, that is the above mentioned standing 3 feet / 1 m from the amp.

The issue - I think - Mark is mentioning, and the Yamaha article talks about is the difference of delay between one "track" of music, the one you play vs the rest of the music.

As you said, it is more of a curse than blessing if that 3.5 ms really is that perceptible to you. Maybe you could try to get a mix from the DAW into the Kemper Aux in and that way everything would be delayed (almost) the same. Using the Kemper headphone like this may help.

Also the Yamaha article says that using speakers (instead of in-ear) the latency can go up and things are still playable. They say 5-10 is still playable with floor monitors.

Maybe worth trying to use speakers instead of headphones. Just crank them up enough to not hear the acoustic sound of the guitar.

I was going to guess some weird resonance with the floor but the different cone shape seems reasonable as well.

Whoa, super cool if that tinnitus thing works even for half the people even if it is for a short while.

Well, the OP said that there is noise even without a guitar plugged in.

I assume that the input jack on the Kemper is the kind that grounds itself when nothing is plugged in. So I would still say that the best bet is keep disconnecting things - including using the ground lift buttons - until the noise is gone.

There really should be no noise when the Kemper is plugged into the wall for power and only a pair of headphones plugged into it. No guitar, no output, nothing else. There is no chance for a ground loop, USB interference, nothing.

I seem to remember someone asking basically this question about the UNO chip, not the Uno4Kemper one.

I think the conclusion was that you would have to manually program the FCB1010 yourself.

Found the thread : Uno Chip v1.0.4 for Behringer FCB1010 setup

Here's the user's guide : https://www.fcb1010.eu/downloa…_UnO_v1_0_4_UserGuide.pdf

I would second Burkhard 's recommendation, if you can, get a Kemper specific chip. I have the Eureka one and it is fantastic and I heard the same about the Uno4Kemper one.

Well, I learned my "USB-noise" lesson a long time ago. Kind of an embarrassing story. Used to use a Tascam hard disk recorder from which you could transfer the wav files to a computer via USB.

It recorded with a horrible noise. I figured it is some radio interference, spent a day building a very cool aluminum-lined wooden box for it. Box was grounded, figured the Faraday cage will help. Put the box in, connect again, same exact noise. As I am taking it apart, as soon as I unplug the USB, all noise is gone.

Still have the very pretty and completely useless grounded wooden box :P

Not to hijack the thread but I think you should be able to dial in the Mimiq to not have this volume problem. The 'Dry' and 'Effect' knobs are in essence individual volume knobs if you send in stereo and select 1 dub.

We have one in the external effect loop (position X) with the Kemper with stereo return, the Kemper stereo output going to a mixer and don't see any volume difference between the two channels.

So first, this is the Kemper forum so I doubt that you'll hear a lot of peeps recommending against buying one ;)

I think the only real concern you should hear is this:

On the other hand you might get something that does 90% of what you need for a lot less.

A Kemper will definitely meet all your expectations and more but it actually may be an overkill.

That being said, the older I get the more I care about a smooth and productive workflow. I know I probably started to sound like a broken record but the Kemper has a fantastic workflow.

You can start simple, like turn it on, find the right rig with 4 buttons and just enjoy playing hours and hours. Now if you are more adventurous you read the manual and discover layers upon layers of cool stuff you did not know existed.

So overall I would say, get a Kemper, start playing it with whatever headphones you have. You will start selling your other gear and then can afford studio monitors / FRFR speakers or whatever you'd like to use.

If money is a concern (it was for us) get the non-powered version, you can always get a power amp later and use your favorite cab.

While we are on the subject - moving the Looper config out of the "Remote" section would also help.

Currently one can change the Looper position (pre - or post-stack) even without having a remote, but the screen is "greyed out" so it is very difficult to read. The functionality is there, it is just very difficult visually to access. Please make it available all the time, even with no remote plugged in.

You know when you have a 4x12 close to you and it is cranking at full blast and you can feel in in your chest and also in that brand new hernia that you just got while hauling that monster around. ^^

Btw, you totally CAN get that feeling with the very same cab if you either get the powered Kemper or hook the non-powered one up to a power amp. and then to the cab.

If you hook the Kemper up to the "usual" speakers (monitor, PA, FRFR) then the air moving feeling is diminished a lot.