Posts by Syntek

Hello everyone !

So the title says it all. I'd like to have your opinion on what would be the best 1x12 or smaller guitar cabinet to hook up with the kemper powerhead.
    I'm very much into clean and low-gain tones like John Mayer, Tom Misch but enjoy sometimes more gains tones like Gilmour or SRV.
    I'm leaning towards Fenders and Two-Rocks given I enjoy their amps, but have no idea of how well they would work with the kemper being the head. My budget is roughly 500 bucks.

+1.

Although there are no 600W guitar speakers, I do believe that the KPA powered head is not useless.
    In fact there are many KPA powered users + guitar cabinet in this forum, with the obvious pros/cons that it takes coloring the sound. Some use it as a backline along an FRFR system, and they are happy with it.

Seasoned KPA users, recommend high wattage speakers "since you don’t want your clean profiles breaking up because of the speaker. It’s all personal taste after that". Online you can find evidence of KP users using Celestion 12-65, Creambacks, WSGs, etc. some others feel the breaking and prefer EVM12L (~$290), Eminence Tonker 150 (~$90). You can find 1x12 guitar cabinets new starting at $350 loaded and $250 unloaded (vboutiqueusa) + the speaker replacement of your choice.

So, it looks like you may want a setup like this. (KPA powered shown)

https://www.instagram.com/p/7BbwaWOEZn/

I have them sitting on my desk right now. They're the best bit of audio kit I've ever bought, after the KPA ;)

That's great!!. The drivers of this headphone are designed for an specific use? I mean, regardless the ear profiling discussion, there are different headphone's drivers suitable for specific applications like: listening music in general, music bass heavy, gaming, studio mixing (KPA use included)... What are your thoughts about listening music vs. using it with the KPA?

It’s the reason why someone made these headphones.

"...This tiny signal originates in the cochlea and vibrates the ear drum, turning it into a speaker and playing sound back out of your ear. Yes our ears make sound! ....The nuraphone uses an extremely sensitive microphone to detect this returning sound wave, and a self learning engine built into the nuraphone to create your profile"

If profiling an amp was not enough, now they profile your ears... :D

Interesting, anyway, I wonder if someone tried those headphones.

I am a home user. Recently, I decided to go Kemper.

My personal take was a KPA powered (pre+power amp in one box), there is no AxeFx powered version, as far as I know. AxeFXIII retail price was $us. 700 (38%) higher than KPA passive (you may get discounts on both). I didn't need Fractal's renowned MultiFXs tweaking, to justify such difference. But, if that is what you need to inspire you creating music, you may want to consider FX-III, instead of FX-II. After many iterations, Fractal is relying on this new platform to evolve.

During my research I did find online content showing the use cases you described with a KPA. For instance, you can search Paul Gilbert scarified videos @home, John Mayer traveling practice rig @hotel bedroom, Pete Thorn review @home-studio, Michael Brit, Tim Pierce, STL Studios testimonials @studio, among others...You mentioned that you already have found several live KPA use cases.

Fractal has an impressive list of pro-artists. Most of them use it live as an MultiFX processor only, through their actual amps of choice. (Petrucci, Neil Schon, Vai,...). Metallica use the AxeFX live as a preamp with an additional Matrix power amp. I assume you already watched AxeFX studio/home applications.

So, as all previous posts stated, there are enough references showing that both products can deliver outstanding consistent tone, both work great at home, studio or live. It just depends on your personal needs, preferences and budget.

Fractal is investing heavily in R&D and working directly with artists in order to improve AxeFX amp tones. In the other hand, Kemper R&D is looking to improve the FX section (new reverbs coming this fall). A healthy competitive environment improves digital products, for the benefit of all guitar players.

Great guitar Sam. Yes, different but very very cool sounds with this pu's. The neck is cool, feels like my evh wolfgang. The clean sounds are awesome.
    I like this pearl blue with the birdseye combination. I think Guido Bungenstock would like it too. No dings and dongs, condition is like new.

Wow, another great guitar in your collection :thumbup: . How does it sound compared with the MusicMan JPs you had before?

Maybe if we could define our own criteria it would be useful. We can change the tags of our loaded profiles to suit.

This is an old thread, but I would like to know if this is possible now with the new version or if it is in the product roadmap.

1. I understand that the only tag that we can apply to a Rig is "Favorite". Is it possible to set customized tags for different types of favorites in the KP GUI?
    For example: "Rigs Merged", "Rigs Acoustic", "Rigs Direct" ... That could be very handy in order to filter favorite Rigs to be used with FRFR, and another set for Cabs-off.

2. One of the cool RM's features is the Preview mode, very useful to browse Rigs that are not stored in the KP but in the local library. I would like to make changes (using the KP GUI) to a Rig being previewed, and save it in my RM's local library only, not in the KP. Is there any option in the KP GUI to select where to store the Rig file either: KP or RM local library synced?

It is an MIDI indicator.
    # means program change, the knob symbol means controller, a small c means "MIDI Clock". It is not in the documentation, yet.

Hi, Timo the documentation does not include a chart of symbols displayed in the Home Screen, yet.
    I particularly noticed some symbols while previewing rigs with RM.

Could you explain a little bit about the following symbols?

1. The "*" refers to favorite rig. But some profiles show "****". What is it?
    2. "E" Edit, what does it mean? Some profiles show the "E", but others don't