Posts by Jamesc

sorry but i don't think that this is a kemper fault, you say there is high voltage at the xls ,but thats nearly impossible

maybe check your power outlets in your place

maybe somethings wrong there

I have no idea how it's possible. If you asked me before Saturday, would I have any hesitation plugging the main output XLR into something, I would've said there's NO CHANCE it could go wrong. We just moved into the house and have had a certified inspection carried out on everything including of course the electrics.

I just know I plugged in the XLR to the soundcard and POP. Then hours later, I plugged it into a sacrificial guitar amp (I of course had to use XLR to 1/4" converter to do that) and another POP. That time the profiler died.

Of course it is possible some strange and unknown power surge happened twice, once to kill the laptop and speakers and another to kill the profiler but realistically, I think the thing that the events had in common was that they both used the kemper's main out.

How would the XLR output section of the KPA, which has no real voltage, possibly overload, let alone damage your equipment? We're missing some details to this story.

Do you have a digital multi-meter to test the XLR output voltage with?

I have no idea how this could happen.

My speakers and laptop went at about 11:30 am. I plugged the unpowered out into a guitar amp at about 3 to check to see what happened (at that point, the only piece of gear that was working was the profiler). Sure enough, that made a huge popping sound and now the profiler is still stuck in a boot loop.

I could turn it back on and see if there's any voltage coming through the xlr output on the back but it's still in the boot loop.

So that's it, this amp took out (including its own value) $5,000 of equipment and the final verdict is that I'm gonna have to pay for the parts for repair as 'this type of damage is not covered under warranty.'

Most dissatisfied. I don't really know how to move forward with this as even if I do have it repaired, what guarantee do I have that it doesn't fry the next thing that I plug it into? What if I'm at a show and it kills a mixing desk or entire PA system?

Ok, today has now escalated into officially one of those days.

Updated to the newest firmware the other day. Today I went to plug the main left into my maudio sound card and as loud pop happened.

Long story short. Goodbye krk rokits... Goodbye msi titan gt63 laptop.

Couldn't figure out what it was, thought I'd try plugging the main out into another guitar amp. Another huge pop and now the kemper is dead too.

Support has been contacted, unit is 2 or 3 years old. Laptop is 4 months out of warranty.

Be careful what you plug into.

I used the Kemper drive set to the Klon preset with the Morgan AC20 and some of the Tone Junkie JM Proto profiles.

Honestly, it's hard to say. I had a great monitor sound and loved the sound of every note I played. We had a fill in drummer who had unfortunate timing troubles!

thanks for asking.

Hi Jamesc,

Did you make a backup prior to loading the beta?

I didn't, then I had a last minute show dropped on me that I had to play today! It's where I've been since the last time I posted.

I figured the problem. I am an idiot. I somehow dragged the Kemper Drive stomp to the reverb section and everything sounded super thin and weird!

I assume you didn’t save it that way.
    Load a different performance and come back to that one, maybe.

I didn't save it at all but it's stuck like that. Even if I remove the stomp. I loaded in a preset from Rig Manager. It is still broken no matter what. I have to make a different performance with the same profiles to go back to where I was.

I'm having a bit of a strange issue. When upgraded and started trying everything out it was fine. I was in performance mode and when I dragged a preset from the rig manager onto the C slot, it changed all of the sounds to this strange thin almost full range sounds.

Then I took the effect out, it still sounds terrible... only on one performance across all slots in the performance! So strange.

I will investigate the global imprint setting. Vs the amp's own preset (which I didn't know existed).

I have been using almost exclusively the Celestion Blue which is my favorite.

I tried to capture an A B for the support staff who have been kind enough to help. Ignore any mistakes but I'll include a link. I of course understand how futile it is to really do this but I don't know how else to move forward and fix my issue.

https://drive.google.com/drive…0yRNKQ9uSK5Wb?usp=sharing I used all stock profiles after Peter supplied me with a V7 stock backup. JCM 800, Hiwatt clean and some Fender Twin profile. I recorded DI into a pc and also with a Zoom H4n Pro (again, I know it is potentially borderline useless to do this but I think you can especially hear some of the harsh sounds in the JCM 800 Zoom H4n Pro 2.mp3.

do you have a cabinet active in the rig itself (stack section)? If not the Kone DSP assumes you are using an acoustic guitar and switches to FR mode which would explain the fizz.

I do! It was all working fine but now when I engage the Kone, it gets thinner, if I engage the imprint it gets even thinner. Very unusable. I had a guitarist chum come over and he agrees, it sounds just plain off. Almost like the low frequencies are out of phase.

I haven't even gigged the thing due to the covid situation. I have only played in my office. It's sounded perfect until one day... it didn't. There's a chance it's blown but it's most likely not due to power amp being too loud.

I bought the Kab on launch to go with my powerrack and loved it immediately. About 3 days ago, I just felt like everything became thin and fizzly, I've reformatted the rack in case this would fix it but at this point I'm sure something is wrong.

When I press the kemper kone button, the sound gets noticeably thinner! When I press the monitor cab off switch to engage the imprints, it gets even thinner and brighter still. It sounds like a bad active eq. Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Set up at a show yesterday. First time using uno4kemper after updating to version 7... Volume and Wah pedal don't do anything. I spent the entire soundcheck trying to figure it out, calibrating the pedal and all sorts of stuff until I find out there's a beta version that fixes the exact problem. :S Man I would have loved an email about the an issue of that size as it was discovered.

Hey guys, I'm James and I'm a Kemperholic (or at least I'm trying to be)

You've heard this part before but after about a year of research, trying them a few times, having to buy a new car I finally bought my profiler, a powerrack unit through Sweetwater. I play in a wedding/party band who has done a ton of business with them so the guy gave me a great deal and I was excited.

It arrived yesterday only to find out that they shipped the wrong one! I received an unpowered unit and when I called to have it replaced, our sales associate said 'I can confirm we have it in stock and have elevated the order to take special care that it will get to you by thursday so expect the tracking number.'

I didn't receive it and just called them, they said 'it turns out we're out of stock of the power rack so you'll have to wait until October 2nd to receive your unit.' Kinda sucks but I'm at least keeping the unpowered one until then I've never been both so excited and kinda bummed out at the same time.

I was so hyped for the Kemper and the actual thing has exceeded my expectations but I have this thing in my house I can't really get in depth with it as I'm gonna have to send it back. :S

Still glad to be part of the community.

James