Posts by AdamMassacre1981

UPDATE!! sadly its still there no matter what tweeking i do that bizzy fizzy frequency is there.Ya cant realy hear it when doing lower notes and chugging its only when i start to go up the neck in higher frequencies its there but saying that i still think its there on the lower notes but its just not as apparent.

It HAS to be something from the interface into the PC or something going on within the PC. I've de-activated all the soundcards within the PC and activated only the 4PRE USB soundcard clutching at straws really trying to eliminate anything and try anything at this point. I must say I've had previous PC's with the exact same problem using other interfaces its like its demon following me around being a real pain in the butt and just really killing all fun would SHOULD be had.

I need to get an actual person here to see what the heck is going because its really hard to explain something that ya not sure is going on.

The crazy thing is i bet its a simple switch hidden away somewhere and all i need to do is press it and everything sounds incredible hahaha.

#keeponpushing #remainpositive

I don't really use my headphones in my kemper my ears are smashed to hell from years of loud band stuff constant tinnitus so i tend to avoid playing guitar directly into them to save what little hearing i have left lol Oh! doing that Studio EQ in the "X" spot is helping I'm actually getting a hold of that horrid Gremlin frequency. Currently playing around with it now i will keep you posted of my progress thanks ma' man the real test will be doing individual string hits in the higher frequencies those are where the rotten tinker likes to dwell. ;)

To me it sounds like the actual profile but it has another tone coming through the same signal...an awful sound that resembles the kemper with the cab turned off and its hitching a ride on top of the actual nice profile if that makes sense?...two signals fused together...im going bonkers here lol could it be my PC sending a signal that is merging with my interface signal? am i making any sense to anyone? apologies if i sound mental.

I know it sounds like utter arse that's why I'm here lol.I attempt cuts in my DAW (Cubase pro 10) i try to eliminate it but any amount of cutting does not fix that glitchy beehive fizzy bizzy garbage noise. Its apparent on ALL distortion profiles on ALL of my guitars. Cab is "ON" even though it sounds like its off lol. The mono setting I have tried them all and its there tried Master Stereo tried STACK tried Master Mono nothing is working. I tend to not use the stomps they just seem to amplify that horrific noise.

I'm sure its something to do with my connection to my PC because when i go direct into my interface (Thats guitar direct into interface not using the kemper at all) and use a virtual amp like the Neural DSP stuff it does it there too that fizzy arse noise is there.

Its devastating because i have spent sooooo much money to try and fix this and I'm no further forward,

Not one to Flog a Dead horse but here I am again STILL all depressed about the situation. I've tried MULTIPLE well set up and moderately top end guitars (over the £1000 mark) and MANY MANY MANY metal/distortion kemper bundles and they ALL have the same problem...that horrific midd/high range glitchy/fizz horrific sound that i just can NOT shift.I do drastic cuts to the point where the tone is smashed beyond any resemblance to what it originally was and i STILL hear it. I get this horrific noise on ALL of my guitars using any distortion bundle regardless of the level of distortion be it extreme or even slight. There is just no way its the profile or the guitars the odds it happening on 4 different guitars on ALL of these profiles is quite astonishing so it MUST be the chain going into my interface or my interface going into my PC...i just don't even know anymore its just not at all inspiring to even turn my kemper on anymore.

I recorded a little ditty using individual strings to bring out the noise using my brand new Solar A1.7C in Drop A with four different profiles to show the demon noise happens in all regardless of the profile.

My chain is simple. Guitar into main front input. Balanced cable from the kemper main out left direct into input one on my Focusrite 4pre clarett USB going straight into my PC.

I have my Yamaha HS7s plugged direct into the back of my 4pre.

I record into Cubase pro 10 in mono and double track panning far left and far right. There is no EQ on the track because any amount of EQ'ing does not shift it.

Clearly something is wrong here i need help or its in the bin this machine goes.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

#sadkemper #lastchance

Thanks for this amigo i really needed this. I've been on and off with my kemper for the past couple of years and really bummed out and had almost given up and sold her. I'm now taking it back to the basics and really learning how to "properly" dial in a tone and not relying so much on celebrity kemper bundles that never work as advertised anyway.

Thanks again dude!

Guys! totally forgot i had this profile in my collection! for all you blues players out there the "Cream JTA-45 -2" By CarloLf is just incredible! I've just heard the sad news of the passing of Peter Green and as respectful thank you to him for his contribution to music and influence i found a blues jamming track on youtube and surprised myself with a freestyle jam using this very profile.

This is the backing track

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Rock on guys!

R,I,P Peter Green x

Small update, only one profile but good in my opinion, both studio and merged version.

Boosted with my plumes ts, engl 4x12 v30, single sm57. Setting on amp is a bit different than i usually use.

Studio profile will be found on rig exchange but for merged version download in first post in this thread.

Hey Thumas! Just wanted to say thanks for your work.I've purchased plenty of commercial packs and your FREE ones dump all over most of them.Thanks again buddy! ?

I feel your frustrations buddy i too am going through a very similar scenario (im using SPDIF) sorry this reply aint a solution for you just letting ya know you are not alone ?? hope we both can get a resolve soon.

Hey guys!

So i'm creating this thread to try and "gain" (LoL) some knowledge on setting up my kemper via SPDIF what settings i should be using in my kemper when going direct into my Focusrite Clarett 4pre and what settings i should be using in the Focusrite Control centre software when coming out of my interface going directly into my PC via USB.Also i my DAW is Cubase 10 pro and im curious as to what audio channel settings i should be using as im pretty sure im doing something wrong as i've stated in a previous thread i'm seriously "struggling with my distortion" Any helps and advices would be amazing!

Thanks in advance.

Adam \m/

As I mentioned earlier, I’m not familiar with the current Focusrite software but it does look plausible to me. There are lots of people on the forum use Scarlett or Claret interfaces with SPDIF so hopefully one of them will chime in. It might be worth starting a new thread with a title like “Is my Focusrite interface set up correctly for SPDIF recording” in order to catch the eye of someone with direct experience who may not be following this thread based on the title.

Thanks for the tip buddy! ??

Like Vinny, I’m not familiar with the Focusrite Control software (i still use the old Saffire Mix Control) but my first thought when I saw the screen shot was that it looks like you have SPDIF and Outputs 1-2 sending the same signal. I don’t know the answer in your own case but I think the problem is most likely to lie in a routing configuration of some sort.

Sorry guys...here is more detailed look at what my interface control software is doing.I THINK im doing this correctly.

Thanks man! I just purchased that one from amazon you recommended gonna give it a whirl see if it helps ??