Posts by AdamMassacre1981

Your guitar needs a proper setup. If there was a problem with the kemper it would sound bad no matter where you play on the neck.

All 3 of my guitars sound like this and have the exact same issues.I treat them like my babies they are well looked after and dont need setting up and they are awesome through my Rockerverb MKII i dont have this problem at all and the clean tones on the kemper sound amazing with no issue again its just the distortion.Im thinking maybe its the interface or it could even be the DAW (Cubase 5...yeah its old but Hey DAWs are very expensive) im gonna run a test and record some guitar in a different DAW see if there are any changes.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    This is a tone i go for quite regular because it seems to be the only one that works well or decent with my guitar (ESP/LTD 1007 EC) ive also tried my other guitars (ESP/LTD VIPER 1000) and my (GIBSON SG HP Standard).In this short clip im using the 1007 with EMG 91-7H pickups.Im going direct into the Kemper INPUT and the out is DIRECT LEFT out directly into my Focusrite 2i4.The 2i4 runs 2 xlrs into my HS7 monitors i also have two RCA cables running out into a half decent stereo just for listening to music via my pc but also my guitar comes through it which is cool if im just noodling about.My CABINET/EQ/STACK/AMP section is all enabled.PURE CAB is disabled.OUTPUT is MASTER MONO.I consciously played single notes to try and show the "bad" frequencies its usually when im getting higher up the neck or attempting to record a single string solo.Im beginning to think its my interface or maybe a setting within my PC itself.Again i say this is one of the BETTER profiles but still sounds off to me.

That’s just how metal guitar sounds 8o

Just kidding but in all seriousness FIZZY isn’t a term I associate with my experience of the Kemper so hopefully the guys will manage to help find the cause.

Its like theres a frequency midd to high range that fizzles kinda like fret buzz but i dont have fret buzz even when i try my best to EQ them out but they still remain.Its like someone has snuck a metalzone in my chain and i cant get rid of it lol its hard to explain in words.When i get home tonight after work i will record a little jam and see if you can understand my frustration. \m/

No matter WHAT i try or how i EQ or set up my guitar or anything my Kemper distortion "metal tones" bundle packs sound like shit.Theres a fizz i just CANT get rid of.Its not just my Kemper tho i have the same problems when using plugins such as bias amp etc theres a horrible shitty fizzy bastard.Its not like im using shit gear i spend A LOT of money on my instruments cables etc and it just sounds crap...WHAT am i doing wrong?...HELP! #gonnagiveuponthisgame could it be the interface? could it be my PC?...#hadenough

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    a little jam i wrote using my kemper.The VHT-PITBULL profile by Will Putney.Quad tracked \m/

Ah yes! i disabled the space and it does sound similar to my interface headphone...not the same but close.It just sounds more high quality through the kemper not sure if its just a bad headphone out on the focusrite it sounds too hot even tho im not peaking on the actual interface...i dunno just sounds harsher still a bit fizzy and less...well...overall better than the kemper headphone out if that makes sense.I guess with a little more playing i could figure something out.I really appreciate your input dude! \m/

Its a very simple set up i have.I have and xlr coming out the left with the ground button enabled going straight into my 2i4 and my guitar goes direct into the input on the Kemper and my interface goes straight into the USB port on my pc.Ive tried all the other outputs except spdif and it still sounds the same.Its not "bad" but certainly is lacking the quality i hear in the cans.All i i want is the same sound as my headphone sound lol maybe its my pc...i dunno...im by far a tech wizard im just a guitar player looking to record some jams is all.I tried to upload some pics but "The files are too big".

Hey guys thanks for the awesome welcome! :D I came across a thread explaining the USB cable that comes with the 2i4 and ALL focusrites devices are bad and are responsible for the shitty quality...could this be the reason my recordings are sounding bad? im curious to know your thoughts. \m/

So hey guys! So im a NOOB!! just recently purchased a Kemper and have a couple of quick questions.So the little problem i have is such... im playing a profile through my headphones that are plugged directly into the kemper and it sounds INCREDIBLE so i instantly open up my daw and get excited about writing a jam but when the signal goes through my interface (focusrite 2i4) and comes back at me its sounds not AS incredible...kinda downgraded fizzy and well...nothing like what i hear through my headphones that are plugged directly into the kemper.The playback of the recorded guitar also sounds not so good either like its has lost all its body and overall tone.Could it be the interface or maybe my soundcard or something to be honest guys im not sure at all just what is going on truth be told.Any ideas would be ace fellas.

Rock on! \m/