Posts by deadman42

Thanks for sharing that story, great info in it! Cool thing 8)

Then after playing for a while I heard a slight pop and silence =O ...... :cursing:

After a few expletives, I calmed down and started sniffing around, no blown speaker smell at all, this was promising,

I then realized the back of the cab had vibrated so much it popped out the speaker cable. Nice work Kemper Kone !!

That part made my day... :thumbup::D:D:D

Welcome, have fun here in the forum and with your Kemper once it arrives. Enjoy then :thumbup:8)

I am now looking at youtube and reading in this forum for info and hints

That's great idea. So many things already answered or discussed in this forum. Typical traps and pitfalls. And usually it turns out that there is a solution and that things work out over time.

I often find profiles that suit guitar A and are terrible or just uninspiring with guitar B. With Brit's and Bert's profiles the ratio of this low versatilty is smaller and the profiles just sound different because the guitars (and obviously the pups) are different.

Same here. I love those profiles which typically work for most if not all of my different guitars. And those which work for live and studio use. Luckily there is more than a big handful in the stuff from those two you mentioned :thumbup:8)

Great sound and playing bro, very nice! I love the ambient sound of it, plays loud very well :thumbup:8)

Hopefully the title is not born out of a crisis...

Adding onto all the valid points from V8guitar here's one more: Careful with stereo in live gigs. Many venues do not operate their PAs in stereo. For reason as they typically want to eliminate negative effects for parts of the crowd not standing in the perfect position (middle) in front of the PA. So if you get there and you don't know about it your ping-pong delay will quickly (and best case) become a ping-ping-delay 8o

By the way I love the stereo effects coming from the Kemper. And I am in a trio with just me on guitar. So here and there a broad, ambient sound is really a very cool thing. Live in most cases the audience will not really be able to catch that.

Great track Renaud, very cool atmosphere and indeed very warm tones. That pumping but still relaxed rythm reminds me extremely of "All I Need" from Air (probably some national heroes over there in France :)).

Thanks for sharing, well done Renaud :thumbup:8)

Hey, we all love that look

Somebody posted this wonderful picture here some time ago. The looks and the weight can be separated to a certain extent 8o I love that one and don't want to know how often this was the case even in times before the Kemper. I remember a great gig by Alice In Chains 10/12 years ago when some of the tecs explained to me that Jerry's sound was fully coming from an isolation box behind the stage... certainly they enjoyed my face a lot back then 8)

I played a gig last year and the support band guitarist used a marshall JCM 800....the sound engineer had to constantly tell him to reduce his on stage volume ( as you need to crank them). Created tension between the guitarist who wanted his singing tone and the engineer who could not balance the sound. Their sound check, because of that, took maybe 20 mins.

Seen so often. Been through that on my own. Many emotions from both sides...

I just plugged mine in and boom...done in 20 seconds and my sound was fab. He was very happy with me

So cool with the Kemper. I love this. And you V8guitar and I already shared that some time ago: Prio 1 is the audience. They should hear the perfect tone. Prio 1,5 (to not make it 2) is yourself hearing it well, having the amp-in-the-room / amp-on-the-stage feeling. Not to be underestimated though but solvable with Kemper Kabinet etc. 8)

I got my KPA and have been very happy with it ever since.

I just love the consistency, the reliability, the ergonomics, just about everything this unit has to offer.

This. Same here. Can't agree more.

For that reason my love to the valve amps has really cooled down. Actually I have not appetite to go back to those times of moving that big, fat 4x12 ENGL cab on any stage and see the sound guys' shocked eyes. All of this is so much easier with the Kemper. So I sold most of my stuff. Maybe I would keep more if my house would be way bigger. But probably I would not use the stuff more then anyways.

perhaps you strongly advice me not to sell my amps, who knows

Not me. But don't listen to us. Follow your gut feeling :)

Welcome to the forum, have fun here and with your Kemper. Thanks for sharing your story.

Biased? Yes. For reason 8o ...but certainly all these machines are great tools. Not worth any argument that you can achieve great results with the top line machines from different vendors. As others said here it depends on what aside of great sound you need. More tweaking, less tweaking, this and that effect etc.

Personally I love the approach of the Kemper and as Monkey_Man said its organic sound with the right profiles (from which are way enough out there). Effects are very fine for me, tweaking is straight forward and gives me enough options. I would not like a more complicated approach to achieve just a very little better sound... just my 2 cents though.

Hi Deadman, u rock! FZ eh? Well that is a goal to strive for.

Yes. Unreachable for me. But I always admired Mr. Zappa's creativity and guitar styles.

Are you an admin on this forum?

No. By no means. I think you can easily identify the Kemper team folks (i.e. Mods / Moderators) here looking around their avatars. I think their status is clearly marked with blue bar and "Moderator" or "Kemper". Who are doing a great job by the way to keep the forum polite and on high quality :thumbup:8)

Me: impressed.

Welcome to the club Del! Have fun here in the forum and with your Kemper. Thanks for sharing your story. Very nice. Don't hesitate to ask here or search through the older threads for interesting topics. This is an incredible nice forum with great folks in it.

Enjoy! :thumbup:8)

Saturday afternoon, warm day, all windows open wide... after two minutes neighbor shouts over to me... "thanks Mike... great tune... haven't heard that for way too long"... life's great 8o8)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

P.S.: Maybe I even need bigger speakers... :/

Welcome, have fun here in the forum and with your Kemper! Enjoy and relax with us... talking about two of the nicest things on earth... music & the Kemper :thumbup:8)