Posts by ajbsmirnoff

Well. Interesting. The TC Mimiq and Boss Dimension C interact oddly. I'm running them both in stereo into a stereo reverb and stereo output paths. Mimiq into Dimension C - whoa..... so much space and movement !!!! the sound become larger and more mobile. However - Dim C into Mimiq the extra voices appear to cancel out the nearly all of the airy sense of space from the Dim C.

With my earlier purchase of a BBE Sonic Maximiser, my ADA MP-1 profiles, and Mimiq for double tracking, and the Dim-C (chorus that isn't a chorus) - my 80's sound palette is complete.

:D

So. This is the 2nd pedal I've re-bought (used) after selling one in a "pedal purge'' (the other was a Digitech Whammy).

A TC Electronic Mimiq to put into my 'Time And Relative Dimension In Space' drawer.

I'm waiting on my birthday for a Boss DD-500 to complete the madness. Till then I'll fill the space with a Van Halen themed flanger.

I'm going to experiment with pedal order. And do some cable management.

Well. That took a while.

I've cabled one channel of the BBE to be in an FX loop of my Helix so it can make friends with my drive pedals and the Helix amp models. And one channel to be in the Kemper FX loop, where it can make friends with the MP-1 profiles.

To make space in the rack*, I had to rejig the rack to have slightly shallower pedal drawers (Ikea Ivar is very flexible in where you can screw stuff).

BUT after some weird cabling errors (feedback and noise from one of my FX, and some patch bay shenanigans), its all in and (more importantly) working.

Yay !

* For the last few years, I've been making the re-making rack taller to accommodate more gear, but its a lot of work.

I'm usually pretty good at figuring these things out , but I'm stumped. I have a Stage. I can get Spdif to work when I plug the guitar into the Kemper, so I know the cables work. When I plug the guitar into a channel on the daw, I get a DI signal on channel one of daw. I set input to reamp. I set Spdif output to master stereo. No signal to spdif channels. Definitely confused at this point.

check to see that your signal is getting from your interface to your kemper (put some headphones on the kemper), then plug a guitar into the kemper and check for signal from your Kemper into the interace - this should highlight where the issue is.

Back in the day I built a rack with and ADA, a BBE a hush and a Boogie simulclass 295 in not to find that it couldn’t be lifted 😀

I recently moved my rack upstairs. It was comical how much I had to take out of it to be able to carry it up stairs.

Sure, the heavy power &preamps have to com out.....

and the 4 drawers of pedals.....

and the drawers.....

and the modellers.....

the tuner,

the power supply......

the decorative side panels.....

It was an empty shell on wheels.

I do have an ADA MP-1 pack in the Kemper (Mike Nielsen FTW !!) which gets me most of the way there. Always on the lookout for the real thing at a reasonable price.

The BBE is another bit of the jigsaw. :D

I also partly re-cabled my rack to get rid of some noisy cables, and add in a new pedalboard powersupply to one of the drawers. There's one per drawer now, separating the drive pedals from the digital pitch pedals and the 'very well behaved' Boss pedals. This has lowered the noise floor (pitch devices are great at picking up noise and shifting it to be even more irritating) noticeably.

Deep joy !