Posts by jcooper665

DonPetersen , I am plugging my headphones straight into the KPA. I think I sorted my problem though. I wasn’t using proper studio grade headphones, I was using Bose noise canceling headphones. I picked up a pair of Beyerdynamic DT 770 headphones and everything is sounding really good. Headphones are my only option right now with a newborn at home.

Thanks to all that responded, I’m clearly in the beginning stages of understanding how this amp works. paults , I did play with the distortion sense and turned it down a bit. I also discovered the input light wasn’t even close to turning red or orange for that matter. deadman42  alerich  V8guitar  Wheresthedug it’s good to know that I’m not alone in my choice of pups 8) I guess I need more time to get things dialed and organized. I still have to play with the output, I’ve only played through headphones. Thanks so much for the support, you guys have given me more confidence in the KPA. Now I just need more time :/

Hey, so I’m new to the profiler, I purchased the stage model. I plugged my nearest guitar in, charvel San dumbass Jb bridge/59 neck, and heard some non musical preamp clipping sounds on all the profiles I tried. I read the input section of the manual and in not so many words they kinda say that if you’re running hot pickups you’re out of luck. I’m thinking of putting a pedal in front of the profiler to control input volume? I know there’s other people out there that have hot pickups and still like some clean tones occasionally....what do you do?