Posts by jippitygem25

Sounds cool, could you take some video?

I usually will set up the first one to be brighter than the second one and the second one to have more gain than the first one. This varies and also sometimes is used in conjunction with the mix knob.

That could be cool to try. The green scream and a EQ is usually what I always defer to

i’m still a bit old school in that respect. I can’t see the point in an overdrive for something like a Dumble. I have that pack as well as some others from the usual names and find that the reason for buying them is to get the Dumble overdrive tone. I grew up on Ford, Carlton, SRV, Santana etc so the Dumble overdrive is really the holy grail for me. If I want more gain I just use a profile with more gain to start with. Guys like those mentioned typically would set the overdrive channel as gained up as they want and then clean it up from the guitar volume and picking dynamics rather than start cleaner and add a pedal when more gain was needed.

I respect that Doug, but also keep in mind i do like the dumble voicing to also play some harder rock stuff as well so sometimes a little extra saturation is useful or needed. For now, Im also playing at lower volumes in my bedroom. I still prefer to overdrive a jazz profile for example than just click into a different rig because when I gig I just like to use one performance

Okay so Im usually a Green Scream all the way. Drive set to 1.0 or less, Tone at 5.0 and level usually all the way up. I want to experiment and looking for advice. I bought M Britt's Dumble pack and have been playing around with his Mayer Jazz profile which is just a nice smooth jazz clean sound and a Ceria Tone profile with about gain at halfway so think SRV, Carlton, Robben Ford type tone; not too much not too little. My first question is how would you guys approach overdriving a clean jazz sound without completely changing it? And how would you approach the same for the lighter gain creamier type amps like the Ceria tone profile?

Everyone, I caved and I am in love. The Clean John Mayer Jazz rig to the Ford overdriven rigs. Theyre fantastic. Im normally a Marshall guy and this is a different, creamier voicing. I have super strat with a Cool Rails in the neck, standard strat pup in the middle and a Super Distortion III in the bridge and also a Variax. I can cover a lot of ground. But the dumble just has a really cool voicing. It's different than a fender, Vox or Marshall IMO

No it does not come with performances but I created my own performances with the profiles and did nothing to them to get great tones. Dont get me wrong, the 2020 pack is amazing (I have all of those performances loaded into my Kemper) but I just love that Dumble tone for what I play. Here is my performance from the DPack. I have had it for a while and have played around with the IRs but completely not needed, only did that on a day I was bored recently. Get it, you wont regret it.

awesome. did you ever try/compare it to the free MBritt dumble profile?

I have that and it is my go to pack even after buying the 2020 pack. By far my favorite

Edit: This is one of the big reasons I got the Kemper, I would never be able to afford a Dumble without the Kemper.

Really? Thats tough, the 2020 pack is great! The dumble pack doesnt come with performances right?

Can anyone shed insight on MBritt's dumble profile pack compared to the free profile on rig exchange? I quite like the free profile for hard rock stuff, just wondering if paying for the pack is worth the difference? Keep in mind I bought MBritt's 2020 pack and love it, so I am not trying to discredit him in any way. Just specifically wondering about this pack.

Spend the money and try a Variax. I bought one for my kemper and it actually sounds pretty good. The ability to go from different guitar sounds and different tunings with one click is worth the money itself in my opinion. It's not "fully there" in my opinion but like the kemper it is close enough. But I agree... guitar modeling would be the next best thing.

So does anyone actually have recommendations for Kemper compressor settings? I just can’t seem to get that “pop and squish” with the Kemper compressor.

I dont know how to use a compressor. I just bought a bunch of MBritt profiles and his compressor sounds nice on his profiles but I usually have to take the compressor off so I can adda noise gate and a phaser or harmonizer

When in Browser mode, I am only allowed to assign a rig to the 1st slot. Slots 2-5 are just blank; no light even comes on under them. Any idea how to fix this? I am on the latest release software for the Stage and my RM is up to date.