Recommend a foot controller(s)

• I am thinking about getting a Kemper again. I had one, sold it, and miss it.

This time I want to use it live. I'm still deciding whether to get a power head or an FRFR solution.

Anyhow I want to be able to use it live, and in particular to:
    Turn fx on and off (just a few)
    Switch profiles
    Use wah and volume
    Ideally use the tuner

I've seen some threads about the FCB1010 but it looks too complicated. I know nothing about midi, and don't want to learn it just for this.

Are there any other easier to use options?

Or do I have to wait for the official Kemper controller... :(

• Hey jimmy ,

There are a few options currently.

FCB1010 along with a new chip called UNO FOR KEMPER ... I understand it makes it real easy to program...it's also very inexpensive solution.... But you have to order the micro chip and install yourself. Not hard it seems, just be aware that you can't buy it loaded already (unless you find someone selling a used one... A

Liquid foot plus ( has an editor and all that but its pricey ) looks cool though. There are probably more , but their the main two I read about.

I am going to wait and see how long it takes for the dedicated foot switch from Kemper... CK mentioned its at least several months away. That was in June , so maybe its less ;)

Anyway, here are some links for the UNO for kemper
    Quick links
    http://www.uno4kemper.com/UnOforKemper_manual.pdf SEE PAGE 8 Regarding the two mid cables needed

http://www.behringer.com/assets/FCB1010_P0089_M_EN.pdf

http://www.uno4kemper.com/uno4kemper_order.php

http://www.uno4kemper.com/cheatsheet.png

• Go with the Behringer. Get the uno for Kemper chip. It's the most compatible midi device available. Also the cheapest. Anything cheaper is some tiny little thing that doesn't give you much flexibility. If you swap the chip, there's nothing to program, much simpler than the Rocktron midi mate that I was using, which costs $220 and doesnt have expression pedals. The behringer costs $150, the chip I think I paid $20. Nothing but positives on this site in terms of build quality. The only complaints people have expressed were programing it, but that was when trying to program it without using the uno for Kemper chip.

• +1 for the Liquid Foot LF+ series. I think it's the last midi controller I bought. Can't imagine that there will ever be a better controller.

I said that too when I bought my Liquid foot JR (older generation), very powerfull controller, BUT now that I know they have no plan to support the integration with the KPA, as they do with LF+ series, I don't think that this company is so cool... My older JR has integration (two ways communication) with almost every modelers on the market but not with the KPA??? Why??? ?( ... Difficult to understand apart from a marketing consideration... But for pro level gears come on we, buyers, deserve better support I think! The hardware of the older generation could easily support this kind of firmware upgrade so why not?...

Sorry... Just had to say it! :S Now I feel better! ;)

• +1 for FCB1010 with UnO4Kemper

Picked up a used FCB1010 for $90 and installed the UnO. With the UnO, there's virtually no midi programming required, but you can customize various effect slots etc. which is pretty simple with the UnO manual provided.

• :cursing: That's hard, man. Always extremely bugging when a company phases out a product that works well just so they can sell a newer model that does the same thing, or perhaps the same thing a little differently.

Exactly! And in this case it is soooo obvious that they just want to sell the new one that looks cooler with more lights and screens but doesn't have really more to offer than the older model... :evil:

I will probably sell it as soon as the Kemper pedalboard will be released. 8o

• Just got my Behringer FCB1010 with the Uno for Kemper integrated circuit. Absolutely love it, totally lives up to the hype. The only thing I can't attest to is to how it will hold up to wear and tear. It seems quite sturdy, tough. However, it's not unreasonably heave either. Very pleased

• I just got a used 1010 for €58 and I'm impressed with the build quality and the feel of the pedals and the switches.
    I've ordered the UNO4Kemper chip and that will make it even 'more perfect' for the job.

The downside is (IMO): it's quite large, and it needs AC power (what were they thinking?), but for the price there is nothing even close...

• I've had my FCB since 2005. I've done hundreds of gigs and rehearsals with it and it's never let me down. I have the 'standard' uno chip in mine and, as I have several pieces of gear that use midi, I probably won't change to the kpa version. I program mine using the Ed Dixon editor (I prefer the gui to Ripwerx) and, again, it's reliable and simple to use.

I don't have an issue with unit using mains AC power. TBH it's more professional and robust than a wall wart for stage use. I know some Behringer gear has a bad reputation for reliability but the FCB1010 is built like a tank and is terrific value for money.

• Update: I just got my Uno4Kemper chip, and it makes the 1010 a dedicated Kemper controller, a real no-brainer! (unless of course you need to control other devices with it too...!)

Regarding my issues with the 1010 using AC-power is that I don't like to have any types of power supplies upfront (esp. wall warts...) and I'd like to cut down on any cables running from my rig to my spot on the stage.
    On my current stage rig I use an ADA midi board that is phantom powered through the midi cable. And on other occasions were the board didn't support phantom power, I've wired my own cables carrying both midi and power in the same cable and split to appropriate contacts at the ends.
    I was planning to do that with the 1010 and make this kind of cable using full AC Power is a bit more risky...
    My ideal would be a dual direction midi cable with power to drive the 1010.

• Thanks for the tip!

I Googled for "Phantom Power" and the FBV1010 and found a lot of good info, so I think I might do some kind of 'single cable' mod to my 1010 in the future...