FRFR speakers - useful videos

• definitely a great video.........and a lot of speakers tested! it's a must watch for sure..............I would have preferred that the guy had been a bit more regular in his playing. in other words I would have played virtually the same thing at the same guitar volume and with the same hand strenght for every test so to make a perfect comparison. I see this guy palys different things and different hand strenght.........

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• finished watching..........I liked the Mackies the most.............even though the RCF (which are italian, unbelievable!) are nice...........as mentioned in my previous: I would have preferred the guy to be more regular. he changes the volume a lot and uses a chenging strenght in his hands which can make a timbre sounds totally different........but because of the hand not of the speaker. nevertheless a great video.........

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• Hi. I use Les Pauls through an Alesis RA 150 power amp into a Laney 4X12 cab. Have been doing so for ages ( I play mostly at home) .
    I have been agonizing over the shrillness ( hey maybe its my 64 year old rocked out ears ?) in the high end and once again have turned to trying headphones ( Fostex T40 ) or Near Field Behringer MS20 Monitors ( maybe these arent the best Im sure)
    What I find is that through the headphones the profiles are really great and lack the troubled sound I get from the Peavey 4X12s and Monitors.
    If I listen to Youtube clips of say the Dirty Shirley amps I find them truly inspiring through the phones and the monitors but not so with the profiles. I have used as much ( limited ) knowledge as I could as far as equalizing goes.............
    Anyway the question remains about to 4X12 or not.
    Thank you ( if this makes any sense :)

• I'll have to disagree on the usefullness of such a recording. It will be very misleading. For the results to make any sense, each cabinet should be placed at the exact same spot, and even in that situation you're listening to a very specific scenario of reflections etc. But you could possibly get some idea of some relative differences. As it was in the video, speakers placed in different spots...you're listening to a certain room, recorded with a certain pair of mics placed in a certain way with sound from the different cabs hitting the two mics at differing phase and with differing added reflections...

Not to put down the effort, but it is probably more misleading than helpful! Judging fullrange speakers from listening to a recording of them on another set of speakers is kinda doomed 8)

• I have no idea what speakers came in the Laney . I never enquired when I bought them. The cab was brand new off the shop floor here. Guess I should have enquired but didnt think it relevant at the time.
    The Cabs are off in the Master area and when I edit a profile I make sure I turn them off in the "cabinet" area as well.
    Thanks for the reply. I find the bit about the speakers interesting for sure. I will try to find out what they are ( I suspect they are just normal guitar speakers). I have read on the Marshall forum somewhere that they could be HH speakers ( whatever that is)
    I will enquire about replacing them with FRFR Speakers if that will help as I enjoy playing through the cab here. Makes me feel like Im playing an amp :)
    Thanks again for your time.

• I'll have to disagree on the usefullness of such a recording. It will be very misleading. For the results to make any sense, each cabinet should be placed at the exact same spot, and even in that situation you're listening to a very specific scenario of reflections etc. But you could possibly get some idea of some relative differences. As it was in the video, speakers placed in different spots...you're listening to a certain room, recorded with a certain pair of mics placed in a certain way with sound from the different cabs hitting the two mics at differing phase and with differing added reflections...

Not to put down the effort, but it is probably more misleading than helpful! Judging fullrange speakers from listening to a recording of them on another set of speakers is kinda doomed 8)

Amen, bro :thumbup: