A trick for a faster and more effective download from R.E.

• Today I used a new technique for downloading some rigs from RE, which involves DownThemAll and Nuke Anything Enhanced, two powerful free plug-ins for Firefox.

Let's say you want to download r_u_serious last set of profiles related to his Marshall. This is just an example, in some cases you have enough elements to isolate just the files you need, but in case there's ambiguity and you are responded with a larger selection of rigs than your search target you can proceed as follow:

search for r_u. You're returned with a number of files, the first n of which are the 1970 Marshall. Select with a single elegant mouse gesture (LOL) all the contiguous files in the page you're not interested in, right-click and choose "eliminate selection" (or whatever the English version reads). Then right-click again on an empty area in the page and select DowThemAll or DownOneClick. Done.
    Note: this implies that you've already defined a "*.kipr" mask in DDA, but it's a DIOAF operation :D

Let me know if it works for you!

PS: Nuke Anything is a powerful too per se, it can be useful in a number of very diverse circumstances.
    For example, I use it when I want to save a page full of stuff I don't need (ads, banners, headers, pictures, blablablas) :D

• very nice. i'm guessing it won't flip pages for you, though?

i am thinking about writing a spider program or plugin that'll crawl through all the pages returned from whatever search you input.

as far as filtering, I think it's probably easier to download them, then delete the ones you don't want.

• @ Ingolf: yeah, very handy at times :)

@ meambobbo: such programs already exist. I used to use some of them years ago for batch-downloading pictures from multipage collections (I will omit to specify the nature of the aforementioned pictures :whistling: ).

But of course creating apps by oneself is a different feeling X)

I find this solution convenient anyway, the plugin is in the context menu, as easy as "downloading" or "opening in another tab". But people's workflows may vary of course.
    At any rate, NAE is a cosy plugin with which one can do many things (I do at least).

:)

• This is a cool idea. I'm just wondering how effective it is with the Kemper's 1000 rig limit. For example, I downloaded all of the free TAF profiles yesterday, there are about 231. Add them to the rigs on the Kemper and I'm already pushing 800. I figure that some sort of clean up is necessary, but then again, I think the useability of a lot of the patches depends on the context you're using them in.

For example, I was fooling around with TAF's Go Jimi Go profile yesterday and suddenly realised that it absolutely nails that swooshy groovey tone used in Lenny Kravitz's "Fly Away". Spent the next fifteen minutes just jamming on those chords. Same thing for a lot of the weirder sounding stuff, it just depends what you're looking for.

That said, r.u.sirius' profiles are awesome, the guy's amazing at profiling, I really dig the stuff he puts out.