Favorite country profiles?

• Been playing in a fairly serious country band lately, time to venture into the cleaner and less gainy world :D unfortunately I don't have a single cool guitar, my les Paul is getting all the work right now, so keep that in mind. While I label it as country , it's more country rock than anything : newerish country, but I still love the twang ala brad paisley style tones Etc, but that will have to wait till I get a tele. For instance , at our last show I was using mostly r u Sirius bogner shiva profiles with one of Andy's twins, worked really well. Since its kind of varied in what I want, I was thinking about picking up one of Andy's fender packs, not sure which would suit me though, never been a fender history book guy on the tweed stuff vs blackface stuff for instance. It's a decent amount of cash to drop, even though I'm sure it's worth it. Really a huge fan of bassman style tones too. Anyways, give me some suggestions guys, and maybe some sound clips :) thanks!

• Hi,
    check out the sounds of the official VSP Kemper Set at Kemper Rig download from december...even more vox and fendertubesounds at Vsp1 Premium at kemperprofiles.net...next week there are coming some Marshall Plexi stuff that works also very good....
    Greetz
    Studio (Carsten) Litfin :)

• 1) You'll never get a real Country-sound like Brad Paisley or Albert Lee without playing a Tele or Strat.... ;)

2) My favourite clean profiles:

- '57 Fender Deluxe from Soundside.de
    - Toneking from Soundside.de
    - '59 Fender Bassman from TAF
    - Morgan 20 from RE
    - Fender Bandmaster from VSP

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• Great sounding clip!! My compliments to you :)

VESmedic1,
    The reason it is hard to get a Les Paul to twang is because it has loud and warm pickups - If you want some more twang out of your LP, you can use EQ in a PRE effects slot or two to remove the midrange fatness that doesn't sound like a Fender. It would also be a good idea to cut the overall amount of EQ output, so the amp model is not being driven harder than it would be with a Fender.

When you get something you like, SAVE it as an effects preset, and you can easily use it with other rigs.

For a reference to the difference in sounds, here is a YouTube video comparing an LP and a Tele. Coincidentally, it is done with a Dr. Z.

Tele - LP

• Hey guys thanks for the suggestions and sound clips! That video sounds pretty much perfect to me for what I want when i get a tele. Fantastic tone man. Well I started small, and bought Andy's 62 bassman from his first pack, this was about dead on the type of tone i want for some of the heavier rock country stuff: now I see why everyone loves this amp for this type of stuff. Fantastic growl and very open sounding, really can't think of how I could improve on it for my style personally. One of the artists I always play with pretty much swears by a bassman, and I've always loved his sound, and this is dead on, but probably better actually :) really love the dr. Z stuff, just not sure how it would fair with my LP....

• Gotta give it up to Andy here. Bought both of his bassmans, pack 1 ( the 62 I think) and his 59 from pack 2. Used them all night tonight for a show, mostly 59 twang for cleans, and I think bassman cranked and dirty for heavier stuff, as well as a lower broken up tone that I forget the name, and it absolutely killed. The absolute perfect guitar tone for what I wanted to do. Used my les Paul all night, which had a bkp aftermath in the bridge ( haha :D) all night and it absolutely killed. Couldn't have been happier. Basically no tweaking either, maybe minimal treble and mid control Eqing, that's it, very minimal shifts. Best tone I've had Live with this band tonight.

It's amazing how many on the outside world want to criticize your rig before they even hear it. I've been playing 15 years, and have owned probably just about every amp under the sun. When I feel the gentle pokes and laughter at what I'm using, it's hard to refrain from laughing, and trying to convince people before they hear it.... But then they do... Of course, I'm sure many of you know exactly what I'm talking about, and no matter how good your tone is, some will still never be able to accept it, because they are too fixated on the fact that it isn't a " real" cranked up fender bassman... No matter how much I try to explain how it works, and why at times I feel the KPA is better than a real amp, resistance is futile it seems at times: but it is what it is. Playing in a new genre with a new group of musicians and a new " scene" can be more challenging than I anticipated. Just rambling some jargon that was on my mind tonight after a few shows. The reality is the tone I have with my " bassman" amp, probably is much better than another band I play withs guitar players bassman. I doubt his soundguy can mic an amp like Andy can, but again, trying to explain all this, seems to be futile .

• ^
    Agreed x 100!

I've just given up on even trying to explain the KPA to people anymore.
    Now I just feed their prejudice and agree with their anti-digital bias to avoid an argument.

I'm digging the Morgan Pushed for twang ATM.

• Nice going Ves!. would love to hear your country stuff sometime :)

Although I thought you were a full on metal head?

......and dont get me started on soundengineers! lol

Hey Andy, I definitely am a full on metalhead, no doubt about it! However, I kinda fell into this situation I guess. Living in Florida especially,country is huge here as well, and another shocking revelation (sarcasm), IT PAYS REALLY WELL! haha :D can not beat that. The shows always have hundreds of people, beautiful women, I get paid very well, everyone has an awesome time: Definitely no reason not to play it from the way I look at it! :) It really is alot of fun, the musicians I am playing with are all top notch songwriters and players, and have a fairly big following in the Southeastern United States, so it's also a great way for me to branch out musically and learn alot. I've always admired the studios guys in Nashville: SO many MONSTER players, and it's a style I would love to be great at for sure. They also appreciate amazing tones: weither it be drums, recordings, guitar, bass etc: Alot of tone guys, much the same from what I come from in the metal world. So far I really enjoy it, never had more fun playing shows that is for sure.

• I just did some nice country leads with SoundSide's Deluxe '52

I didn't INTEND to do "Country", but that's how it came out. Beautifully.

I got best results using Humbuckers though in this instance.. My Strat and P90's were too bright, and yet the final product has a nice brightness to it.

• Wonderful tele twang from the AC30 HW by Reznor. Gain at breakup, some eq to suit and the "compressor" in the amp section to 5. Free profile btw. Not sure why such a question was posted in this section 8)