RigManager is syncing for a long time with the Kemper at every program start

• Hey there,

I am really happy about the RigManager software. Especially the feature to instantly listen to the rigs from RigExchange is great!

But unfortunately everytime I start the program it starts to (re)sync all the rigs from the connected Kemper.
    In the manual it is written that this would only happen at the first start of the program, but it happens at every start.
    And it takes a looooooong time... maybe around 20 minutes (there are ~380 rigs on my Kemper atm.).
    In this time, I can load other rigs from the RigManager (but it takes ~5 seconds until they are loaded up in the Kemper), but I can't do much on the Kemper itself because the sync.-screen is in the way -> I can't see what's on the display.

Even if there are no changes to the rigs on the Kemper, they all get synchronized agian and again everytime I open the program.
    I had that problem with the first beta and i also have it with #2.

My system is a desktop PC with USB2, Asrock Mainboard, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. RigManager is installed on a Samsung SSD hard drive.

• Maybe your database file is corrupted. Please quit Rig Manager and delete the following file:
    C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\Kemper Amps\RigManager\.KPASerialnumber.db
    At next start, Rig Manager will recreate it (hopefully faster this time).

• Thanks for the fast reply! Deleted the file, restarted RigManager, but unforntunately it is still taking the same amount of time to sync (it's still working, at rig 27/380 after 5-10 minutes...so 20 minutes are probably not enough).
    Forgot to mention: I also checked it with my laptop yesterday (Win 8.1 64bit, Asus, USB3), same problem there!

• I'm having this same problem and have tried deleting the database and also reinstalling. No luck. X(

Having to wait an hour for it to sync keeps it from being usable for me ...

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

Edited once, last by Zappledan ().

• I'm having this same problem and have tried deleting the database and also reinstalling. No luck. X(

Having to wait an hour for it to sync keeps it from being usable for me ...

Did you try deleting Rig Manager entirely and not just the database? That is what worked for me. I did find one rig that I left out because when I tried to delete just the rigs, the one rig would not delete. I can not remember the name of it though. So I just deleted the software entirely and put back in my saved rigs without the one questionable rig. Not sure if that was the issue but since I have had no problems.

• I uninstalled RM and whacked the database. However, when I reinstalled RM it still seemed to have part of the info resident, so perhaps there was data in another location. ?(

edit: by "part of the info" I mean it didn't ask me for the logon info, etc. However, I did whack all the user data files.

• I have the same issue. Luckily, mine ends up syncing in around 10 minutes. Still, it's inconvenient. I'll try deleting the database file and/or uninstalling tonight.

• I have the same issue. Luckily, mine ends up syncing in around 10 minutes. Still, it's inconvenient. I'll try deleting the database file and/or uninstalling tonight.

Is the EVER going to be an answer / reply to this question ?????? Its not for lack of trying on my part.

• Is the EVER going to be an answer / reply to this question ?????? Its not for lack of trying on my part.

there are replies in this forum including a reply from Arne which is right under the OP. the problem is rare, it might have to do with configuration of your computer, it might be something we simply haven't found so far. i don't know what happened on your part so far, this is your first post in this thread. one thing you can do is contact support, supply a debug log "Documents\KemperAmps\RigManager\DebugLog.txt" and we go from there.
    thanks, gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• there are replies in this forum including a reply from Arne which is right under the OP. the problem is rare, it might have to do with configuration of your computer, it might be something we simply haven't found so far. i don't know what happened on your part so far, this is your first post in this thread. one thing you can do is contact support, supply a debug log "Documents\KemperAmps\RigManager\DebugLog.txt" and we go from there.
    thanks, gs

Hi. Thanks for the reply. I have done that 2 days ago and have not had a reply yet. No problem though really. The wonder of being able to do things the Rig Manager allows overides the waiting period ( for me anyway) Maybe an update will fix it ? Thank you very much

• supply a debug log "Documents\KemperAmps\RigManager\DebugLog.txt" and we go from there

I looked at this and see quite a few timeouts. Any idea why that would be happening with a direct USB connection?

• The timeouts appear to be for rigs I deleted from the profiler while using the rig manager. They appear to be recorded somewhere that I didn't delete when I reinstalled, so it keeps requesting them from the profiler, then timing out. Maybe there's not a good mechanism in place for realizing that a rig was deleted? In any case, can someone tell me what file to whack so that I can reinstall RM again really clean? Thanks.

Edit:
    So I initialized everything again, and here's the root of the issue - the KPA is reporting that it has 410 rigs, when it really has only 74

Found KPA device
    opened new KPA with serial KPAfTWaAoYx version 2.3.2.9418B
    Location added: MyProfiler
    RigExchange Connect Execute started, private=1
    XML request success
    RE Connect result 0
    0 files in XMLs
    GetFileList:: KPA announced 29684 bytes
    Start downloading 0 rigs from RE
    unspecified RE download error
    DL command returned error 0
    GetFileList::6 decoded 52776 bytes
    Found 410 rigs in KPA
    410 new rigs to add

I had deleted these rigs using RM, and they really are gone, but somehow the KPA still believes they're there ...

Edited 2 times, last by Zappledan ().

• Hi. Thanks for the reply. I have done that 2 days ago and have not had a reply yet. No problem though really. The wonder of being able to do things the Rig Manager allows overides the waiting period ( for me anyway) Maybe an update will fix it ? Thank you very much

OK. I went to the specified files in "user" and could not find the db file that was instructed. I deleted the lot and then un - installed the Rig Manager from Control Panel and re-downloaded and installed it.
    Magic! - It now takes about 1/2 minute to load. It seems to only now load/sync the profiles I have 'earmarked" under the directory of my Kemper Name. Anyway it surely is a lot easier to switch on now. Thank you for your feedback. I do appreciate it. Lindsay :thumbup:

• Your idea seems to be promising, I have also deleted a lot of the rigs that were on my Kemper with RigManager!
    And I also have these timeouts in my debug log.
    I think you found it. Now, Kemper Team just has to release a bug fix for it. :thumbup:

• Tried reinstalling last night with no luck. I couldn't even find the database file mentioned previously and I had Windows search the entire hard drive.

Not a big deal. Mine takes around 10 min. to sync. Didn't have this issue with beta #1.

• Today's release loaded all my rigs quickly. I've not seen anything stating that this fixed it, so there might still be some issues. But I can use this version ... :thumbup:

• I still have this problem.

I'm on the latest firmware and have the lastest Rig Manager installed. I have tried to reinstall the RM, but no success.

What to do? Please advice.

Edit: I have also deleted a lot of profiles using the Rig Manager in the past...