TAF-Bundle9 "Classic Vibe" is here.

• Your "poof" surely has nothing to do with any profile..... Electronic devices can break, a tube-amp, too, I once had a Boogie Rectifier breaking down at soundcheck. On a concert I've been (Gary Moore) his Soldano SLO100 began to smoke ect.

The KPA is solildly built in Germany and not made in China, normaly KPA's are very reliable. My main one (toaster) has been on several tours and I use it all the time, not one problem. Nevertheless if you have bad luck everything can break, but Kemper is known for a fantastic service.

+1

I have had mine for almost two years and no problems experienced whatsoever. I do have a tube rig too. I am in both camps as they all have qualities that I enjoy.

• Dear All.

I have already sent a Email out to everyone regarding getting the updates (so you will receive that in the next 48 hours)

But the release is now ready for you to all download and enjoy (Singles & Bundles) - just go directly to the purchace history to obtain them.

WE are very sorry that this has happened, and I hope heron that you can all enjoy the pack as it was suppose to sound.

Be well
    Andy

• Awesome news Andy. Looking forward to trying it again :) Now it's time for you to relax a bit :thumbup:

• Yes, I too was getting a crackling/popping thang happening and was kind of underwhelmed with this pack in general (Love my other ones).

Just got your email for the update. Much appreciated and thanks for the profiles and service! :thumbup:

• Hi Andy, any updates on the Friedman SS to get that tone from the youtube video?

Nope I cant do that, as that's not entirely true to its form.

I can aid in getting that but it will require some trickery..

And this is for everyone so here it is:-

Notice how youtube offers exclusive "big" guitar tones recorded.. Mono amp, but true full stereo spectrum.. its called as what we like to call it in the industry as the "horse" (many will know this already) although I stole it from the days at abbey road.. but still! :)

Stereo signal (so main outs) - run a Stereo EQ, (prefer a tube EQ not a transparent one) but make one side active (L or R) - adjust the lower freq of one side (boosted), and compress it slightly to compensate for the volume boost. - this will turn a OK sound, to an Almighty sound instantly. - it will also make the separation much more defined and detailed...its really simple and does not change the physical tone, it just makes it much bigger than normal, fuller richer etc..(full spectrum)

I know plenty of people that do this on review sites.. and this is the reason I never trust any online youtube amp/tone review. its marketing : )

Try it and you shall see!

• Thanks for sharing this Andy :thumbup: never heard of this before but I can't wait to try it, I'm always after a bigger guitar sound when recording. Does this work the same by say tracking a mono guitar track duplicating it pan hard left and right then apply the above trick to one side ?? :thumbup:

PS I still can't stop jamming the XTC it's awesome !!!! :thumbup:

• Well this is a "mono > stereo" trick, so whilst tracking (unless recording in stereo), it wont work if summed to mono, as the freq will then clash.. its like the mudson effect but a really sweeter version. by adding the EQ to the chain on one side will delay that signal by a fraction, creating a wider signal, although it does not, your ears will hear it that way.

Track a guitar normal, don't use this effect it wont do the same thing if you apply it to one side.. as for it to work it must be the same performance, but again only good for stereo recording.. if that's what your into then great! : ) (just don't double track this way).. (how ya think a lot of killer blues/country and jazz records were recorded)...

This technique has been used for years to impress people buying amps/guitars, and often used live for the more pro musician, and smaller single guitar platforms.

im not giving away any more secrets :)

• Is there any way to do this in the KPA for live use?
    I don't see how to, but just thought I'd check for any useful tips from the masters here.

• Sure its possible, a lot of people I know who gig DO use it like this... (me included)

Just take a rack case and a good (mixing) EQ (as long as its stereo) - run main outs into the EQ then out of the EQ into the (speaker of choice) as long as you run the cabs in stereo then its fine. - but the separation cannot be to far else it will sound odd the further apart they are.. (about 6 foot is fine) anything more than that and you will need to use line relays and additional sub EQ's in the chain.. (think big pro tour gigs here)- and I have not done one of those.. Im a blues/country player.. hell biggest audience I played to is 4 chairs!...on no wait.. 3, one was upside down and already put away!.. damm

• I watched the Steve Stevens-video, to get this sound there's much needed than buying some Friedman-profiles for £ 4.99.....

1) Steve Stevens is an outstanding-player, his technique, expression, emotion and clarity are hard to find even among excellent players. He is very versatile, too and if you want to sound like him, first you have to play like him. And even Steve Stevens would sound like Steve Stevens on Brian May's equipment and vice versa. ;)

2) Besides studio-tricks like the "horse" there are high-end studio-effects added (reverb, stereo-delay, stereo-chorus and compressor on the clean guitars), the Les Paul is always tuned to Drop D.

3) Guitars are extremely important, imho much more than amps, if you don't have similar high quality-guitars, the best amp can't help you. Guys like Steve Stevens sometimes are collecting guitars and they own a few hundreds, they always will play the best of the best.

3) All together your expectations are wrong, if you think it's that easy: I'll buy the profiles of my favourite guitar-player's amp and then I'll sound like him....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

Edited 3 times, last by guenterhaas ().

• Right just tried the "Horse" trick and it's awesome what it does, makes a big impact on the guitar sound, I love it :) but...... When mixing obviously a rule is normally to roll the guitars of at around 100hz to make room for bass and kick etc, so do you apply this trick with the roll off or does it only work so well if you dont HPF. (Haven't gotten around to apply this trick to a mix yet to see what the results are)

• Yup for sure, it will only work for playing alone, or Live. in a mix it wont...of course the "horse" is not limited to lower end, you can enhance any freq as long as its only added on one side. - I just prefer to bump the bottom about 100hz shelf and about 3 db of gain added. then either compensated in vol to the other Chan or compressed to make the difference neutral. - its more fun than usefull!..

• Yup for sure, it will only work for playing alone, or Live. in a mix it wont...of course the "horse" is not limited to lower end, you can enhance any freq as long as its only added on one side. - I just prefer to bump the bottom about 100hz shelf and about 3 db of gain added. then either compensated in vol to the other Chan or compressed to make the difference neutral. - its more fun than usefull!..

It sure is damn fun :), thanks Andy :thumbup: