Is it possible to turn off rig auto-save option?

• I knew it would happen sooner or later. My 19 months old son figured out he can turn daddy's Kemper into blinking Christmas tree. Now whenever I get back from work I see my rigs adjusted in ways I would never even dare to imagine. Although I must admit, sometimes I get totally unpredictable sounds, I would love to see that somewhere KPA has an option to turn off the rig setup auto-save after unit is shutdown. Somehow I cannot find such option. Does it exist?

P.S. For those wondering... "Undo" is not an option - it looks like it's the only button not being pressed by my son.

• if a rig is edited but not saved when the unit shuts down, it boots with the edits intact,
    but when you select another rig and then change back to the first one, the saved status is recalled.

unless of course your son figures out how to save, then only backups can help you - or what paults suggested. :)

• Lock up either the Kemper or the child (lmao!) for the day. If not possible or there's a mom around do a backup anytime you make changes you want to keep and then simply restore it if Christmas lights show up again.

• That's a good excuse...

"Honey, I absolutely NEED to turn this room into a mancave studio! Little Mike here has turned on a reverb AND a cabsim on my Kemper while I was at work!!! I can't live like this anymore!!!"

Yeah, that's gonna fly 4sure... :D

I'm just trying to be as truthful to my experience and personal opinion that I'm clearly presenting only as a personal opinion no more no less in an honest and truthful discussion about equipment.

• Which firmware version do you run on your KPA? I believe this "auto-save" was reported as a bug in a certain version about a year ago? The KPA should only save edits temporarily so that the current rig survive reboot (or power outage), but once you switch to a different rig and back you should get back the settings from you last manual save.

An exception is in performance mode if you switch between slots in the same performance using the front buttons on the profiler in which case temporary edits are kept until you switch to another performance and back. Temporary edits are OTOH lost if you switch between slots in a performance using a midi-controller. How this will work with the proprietary controller is yet to be determined.

Edited once, last by heldal ().