What's everyone using for their power amp & cab?

• I'm curious what everyone's using to hear themselves on-stage. I was using a powered EV monitor but have switched over to a pair of TECH 21 Power Engines. They are really inexpensive used & I really like the tone. Very authentic sounding to my ears.

My name is Chris & I'm a guitar-a-holic!

• I am waiting on a Ambrosi ATM-70, & I will most likely run it thru a Genz Benz 4x12 ported cab it is presently 8 ohms, but have many others cabs to try, i will post once I receive the Atm-70,i really was hoping to receive a tracking # for ATM -70 today, but guess its not going to happen. PS, I have been using a Crate power block for power.

Edited once, last by rdwilson ().

• Atomic 50 watt tube powered FR

Rebuilt and redesigned 70's Plush 3000 160watt tube amp. has a very linear
    response when using just the custom built effects return to go through the power amp.
    Use this with various cabs, including putting the Atomic FR into passive mode.

Custom built 50 watt tube amp through effects return into various cabs.

Crate Power Block into various cabs.

Mackie DLR12.

PA system with QSC PLX series amps driving JBL SR 3 way cabs and JBL SR 18" subs.

I am a Profile Whore... Sometimes a Recovering Profile Whore...
    but mostly a Complete and Utter Profile Whore... I want them all... aCk!!! 8|:love:

• I bought a pair of Yamaha DXR10s, but wasn't really happy with them as stage monitors. One day I tried using my Fender Super Reverb clone going into the FX loop return and a 2x12 (Celestial G12H30) cab with the speaker modeling set to off on the Kemper.....holy cow, it's just like old times....I love it.

The main problem I have with FR monitors is they just don't cut through the rest of the band. I never even liked monitoring through floor wedges. I usually have my amp to the side pointing across the stage for monitoring. After 25 years of playing a guitar amp on stage, it was too much of an adjustment using the FR speakers.

Now, I have my guitar amp tone on stage, and the Kemper "ready for a record" tone going to FOH and couldn't be happier.

So I just ordered a Camplifier 290, and plan to use that with my 2x12 guitar cab.

• When on stage, I prefer to go straight to FOH. At home, I use 1-2 active CLR or a Dragoon 2x12" driven by an Ambrosi ATM-68. When I go to some jam, private house and whenever I want to travel light I use the Ambrosi and the Dragoon.

:)

• There are some really nice and creative rigs here. I think the common
    denominator is that most everyone gets the tones they want FOH and on
    stage. Speaks volumes of the output and technology versatility!

I am a Profile Whore... Sometimes a Recovering Profile Whore...
    but mostly a Complete and Utter Profile Whore... I want them all... aCk!!! 8|:love:

Edited once, last by GLiDE-BPM ().

• Camplifier 290 and one (soon to be two, I hope) Camper Plus.

Very pleased with the sound and the complete setup once I have two cabs will have cost me less than one decent active speaker where I live.

• Some great rigs listed here for sure! I love being able to send the FOH a great, clean signal and then be able to use the Tech 21 PE on stage. That gives me the best of both worlds in my opinion. I cut thru on stage like a regular gtr amp & have the awesome KPA tone out front.

My name is Chris & I'm a guitar-a-holic!

• Right now, I've been renting a Line 6 L2M. During my gig last night, I had it louder and I found it to really squash the higher gain patches. At lower volumes it sounded great but as soon as I turned it up, not so much.

I may have to go back to looking at an ISP stealth and 2x12 cab again.