The JerEvil/Owens Splawn DI Profiles in Action - ISP Stealth Power and Splawn 2x12

• It does matter for me because then it's just a generic sound! Let's remove amps' names from profiles then! Anyway, i am surprised that noone found them bass heavy in a guitar cab and everybody praises them! Well, i like balanced profiles more, that need minimal or no tweaking, that's all!

Fair enough, I guess I just don't understand that way of thinking. Would you rather have a weaker sounding profile, but know that it came from a particular, expensive tube amp, than one that just sounds killer, but without knowing which amp it came from? it's very interesting to me.

• Are you saying that the Direct Amp profiles have too much bass, or are you talking about the Studio profiles?

I am only talking about Direct Amp profiles!

Well, I suppose these ones aren't for you then? I am actually using them tonight at a gig at one of the conventions here in Vegas. Sounds great for my needs.

Odd that bass is too much. It is literally at 7:00 on the dial. Almost completely dialed out on the amp.

I am talking about Direct Amp profiles with a guitar cab, not studio profiles! Yeah, maybe these aren't for me, that's ok, no problem :)

I also didnt find them overly bass heavy. Edit: im using the studio profiles direct, not into a cab.

I am talking about Direct Amp profiles, studio ones maybe are ok, havent't tried them though!

Fair enough, I guess I just don't understand that way of thinking. Would you rather have a weaker sounding profile, but know that it came from a particular, expensive tube amp, than one that just sounds killer, but without knowing which amp it came from? it's very interesting to me.

I prefer of course your second example but i would like to have the goods of both worlds, is it too much or insane? As i said, if a profile needs so much tweaking afterwards then why we use the amp name to characterize it, if the character is long gone? Anyway :)

Well not all profiles work for everyone. That's the great thing about the KPA. It offers so many options that if one set doesn't work there's thousands of others.

Yeah, of course, just said it if anyone else found the Direct Amp profiles bass heavy and muddy too or it's just me! I tried them through my Laney IRT112 guitar cab with a Eminence P100E speaker (Legend like sound and quite balanced)! I have also used some Direct Amp profiles from Sinmix, Tonehammer, Thumas, Tim Owens (Friedman) and they sound great and really balanced without any tweaking! So i don't think the cab is the problem!