Artistmode and pure cab??

• I have owned the Kemper for about a year and use it live. I wonder where you find artistmode?? and what is it used for?? I read on the forum that you can find pure cab on the output menu!! have not found it.. I have the latest verson. I am not a geargeek and maby i am stupid.. i may have to read the latest manual.. the manual who followed was already out of date anyway..

• Pure cab MUST be in the output menu if you have the latest FW. Try it with rigs from your browse pool, not with the rigs from the RigExchange or press exit first, otherwise you get the rating function instead of pure cab.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• I would make sure you're using 3.1.4 (go to last screen in System menu to see what version you're using. If you're still using 3.0.2 you access Artist mode in the System menu, just hold down Rig button until it appears. Artist mode has never been fully explained, it came out a few updates ago but outside of it having Pure Cab it's a bit of a mystery what Kemper is thinking or planning on this one.

• i found pure cab, but I dont find any reason to use it.. can get the same function with gate. it sucked tone on my cleans in a way that i did not like. i use OS 3.1.4 :) i will try to find out some more about artist mode.. not much info on the forum about it!
    I dont use it for studio or profiling, so the only thing who have improved my sound for the last uppdates is the sence knob. it widens the sound a bit

• i found pure cab, but I dont find any reason to use it.. can get the same function with gate. it sucked tone on my cleans in a way that i did not like. i use OS 3.1.4 :)

Uh, no. PureCab does not alter clean sounds at all. If you think it is tonesucking on your cleans there's clearly something wrong and you should contact support.

i will try to find out some more about artist mode.. not much info on the forum about it!

Because it is a hidden and unsupported feature - for a reason.

• I wouldn't listen to just a single profile and write off Pure Cab. I worked with it and found it alters some profiles in a good way and some not so good (my cleans are all the same but after adding gain to my clean channels they were affected). The improvement to some of my profiles made it worth keeping in my situation and then making adjustments to all my profiles with it on. I've stopped using one or two profiles, I didn't like the sound of them with PC on. I'm in love with what it does to others. I could wait until it becomes available on a per preset basis but no telling when that will happen.

• not like. i use OS 3.1.4 :) [/quote] Uh, no. PureCab does not alter clean sounds at all. If you think it is tonesucking on your cleans there's clearly something wrong and you should contact support.

not directly tonesucking but feel and attack is missing.. i tryed it on my 3-4 main sounds.. I did not like it I am not a highgain player..
    When i am using highgain i use the very good kemper gate to do the same thing, and I find this difficult to use when you cant have different settings in different presets! maby it works bad together with the FX-Loop!? I cant stand the dely and reverb from the Kemper so i have to use my good old TC dely! It was a lot of negative sentence from me, but i do love and like my kemper very much!!

• I wonder how you get the same results with a gate. If pure cab was working like a gate, there would have been no reason to develop it.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• I play mainly clean or breakup, so the pure cab does not anything goodfor me. Can someone explain what it realy does? and what the philosophy behind this is!? to me it looks like its sweethening out peaks. You can achieave in other ways too ex. gate and eq.
    Maby its only Highgain sounds this is useful!? I am not a tech geek and i realy dont care whats going on.. I like the Kemper because it feels and sounds like a real amp!

• Morty, it's called PureCab because it aims to remove the coloration imparted by a microphone from the cab's sound in a given rig.

IOW, cab minus mic = PureCab.

Because all rigs (except for those which are direct profiles (sans cab), stomps or PODs or whatever) are captured with mics, they all, by definition, suffer from phase cancellation or comb filtering to some extent. Those skilled in the art of mic placement, selection, EQing and who have good ears, are best able to minimise such artefacts whilst creating profiles. The rest of us, well, not so much. This is why I predict that for most of us, commercial profiles shouldn't demand judicious use of the feature to the extent that those found on the Rig Exchange might. YMMV, of course, and this is only MHO...

• not like. i use OS 3.1.4 :)

Uh, no. PureCab does not alter clean sounds at all. If you think it is tonesucking on your cleans there's clearly something wrong and you should contact support.

not directly tonesucking but feel and attack is missing.. i tryed it on my 3-4 main sounds.. I did not like it I am not a highgain player..
    When i am using highgain i use the very good kemper gate to do the same thing, and I find this difficult to use when you cant have different settings in different presets! maby it works bad together with the FX-Loop!? I cant stand the dely and reverb from the Kemper so i have to use my good old TC dely! It was a lot of negative sentence from me, but i do love and like my kemper very much!![/quote]

What's wrong with the Delay and Reverb?

• Morty, now's your big chance to tell the boss how the delay and reverb should be according to you.

You'll never get a better opportunity, so go for it, mate!

[Post worded in such a way as to be clear to a 2nd-language English speaker... quiet LOL in background... this could be interesting...]

Is this a proposal???

Andy (TAF) and I already booked a room in another thread, so I'll have to decline... for now, but who knows, Michael - once Andy and I finish the beers I said I'd bring we'll probably be out of things to do. LOL

• [quote='Monkey_Man','http://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php/Thread/24790-Artistmode-and-pure-cab/?postID=253697#post253697']Morty, now's your big chance to tell the boss how the delay and reverb should be according to you.

I have never said it was something wrong with the Kemper dely and revervb! I said I CAN´T STAND IT! I guess many people are satisfied with it. My reference reverb is from spring reverb on boutiqe amps and Dely reference is TC.electronics and Eventide. I have tryed for hours to get the Kemper dely and reverb to sound like my TC. G-Force, but have not managed it yet. On my TC i can easyly adjust the Dely to my taste. and the reverb seems more natural. When I use the Kemper dely and reverb It`s kind of a boxy bussing just betveen the stop of dely/reverb and silence.. its for me personaly anoying and i can`t stand it. it destroys my feel. My tape dely on my TC is very dynamicly.. when hitting hard on strings and note stopps the dely chimes in, but in the other way i can play smooth long notes with slow note stops and then the dely almost disapear, just in the way i like it! My signature sound its in the TC dely, so i want use the Kemper dely untill I or someone else can tweak it to sound similar as it! Sorry for my bad english! its realy difficult to explain what i want or how i want to change it!! exept from dely and reverb I realy like the Kemper!
    Guess you got your answer Monkey Man! But all you tech geeks in this forum want use this old gear, who was more expencive than the Kemper itself when bought, anyway! I maby stupid and outdated, but thats the sound I want to hear from my amp. I am not talented enaugh to get the Kemperdely sound like my TC