• Unfortunately I can't afford one until a couple of weeks after Christmas. Taking a look at your amp profile packs to keep me busy lol.

Fair enough!. but in all fairness, your into metal. so maybe SinMix is a better place to go, as he "specializes" in that genre, as I don't so much. his are tailed perfectly. my metal stuff is "approximated" guess, and have a higher hit/miss ratio. - in other-words.. some LOVE it. and some don't so much.. subjective yes. - but you would be better suited to go right to the source first!.

Anything else you need, hey I got ya covered there! : )

• Good for you man! Keep saving. It'll be well worth the wait and the best late Christmas present ever

Thanks, from all the other posts here, I'm coming to that conclusion myself. I'm going on holiday soon and the city center is close to a guitar shop so I should have a couple of minutes to try one out with my headphones, as I record with JAMUP by Positive Grid a lot, I'm hoping that the kemper will be able to record with the usb, and then I could do some kind of comparison for myself and then maybe upload both versions here

Fair enough!. but in all fairness, your into metal. so maybe SinMix is a better place to go, as he "specializes" in that genre, as I don't so much. his are tailed perfectly. my metal stuff is "approximated" guess, and have a higher hit/miss ratio. - in other-words.. some LOVE it. and some don't so much.. subjective yes. - but you would be better suited to go right to the source first!.

Anything else you need, hey I got ya covered there! : )

I'm trying to teach myself to play more than just metal and my lead playing seems to be more blues based as of late, definitely not shred your face off speedy stuff, so I'd probably buy a couple of your packs aswell. Your Thunderverb 200 profile sounds like my kind of thing. For metal I prefer tight, dry tones (I'm really into Feared) so SinMix would be my place for metal tones, but for rock, blues and clean tones, it seems like you're the go to profiler. That, and Andertons recommends you. :D

GEAR:
    (Soon) Kemper Profiling Amp
    Jackson King V STD (Discontinued)
    Jackson DK-2 (Discontinued)
    Randall RD-1H
    ENGL E530
    JCA24S 2X12
    Blackstar ID:15
    Orange Crush 15R (Discontinued)
    Jackson RRX10D (Discontinued)

• Welcome,, yes Sinmix for the metal definitely, you will love it ! cheers :)

Thanks, have a nice day :)

GEAR:
    Randall RD-1H
    ENGL E530
    JCA24S 2X12

• Oh yeah, Lloyd, I meant to point out that you'd best make sure you have an analog input handy for when you're in town - the Kemper does not send USB audio.

EDIT: You could try S/PDIF as an alternative, but I'd try to go analogue first.

Thanks for mentioning this, I'll have to use the Direct Out into a USB mixer of some sort then.

GEAR:
    Randall RD-1H
    ENGL E530
    JCA24S 2X12

• your in UK I take it.. right?
    where bouts.. if your up in Norfolk country. I can profile your amp (or a choice of all mine) at my studio!

North Wales. According to google maps, Norfolk is a 5 hour journey from my town to Norfolk. Thanks a lot for the offer though. I just have a Blackstar HT-1 going into a JCA24S 2X12, otherwise, I mostly use Jamup on iPad. And some guy posted his own Profile of a BLackstar HT-5 on the free profile section. Again, thanks for the offer :)

GEAR:
    Randall RD-1H
    ENGL E530
    JCA24S 2X12

• 5 hours.. pfft walking distance then : )

And No probs!

Lol, have a good day :)

GEAR:
    Randall RD-1H
    ENGL E530
    JCA24S 2X12

• Welcome here, we all love our KPA , and for lots of good reasons ; I'll cite 2 :

• getting a cranked 130 Db JCM800 tone on a 5w speaker and don't feel a single difference on the recording
    • having much more tweaking options than your original amp and going much further than reality on lots of original parameters (like the gain)
  • Welcome here, we all love our KPA , and for lots of good reasons ; I'll cite 2 :

• getting a cranked 130 Db JCM800 tone on a 5w speaker and don't feel a single difference on the recording
    • having much more tweaking options than your original amp and going much further than reality on lots of original parameters (like the gain)

Yeah. I'm looking forward to all those tweaking options, just another 3 months to go

GEAR:
    Randall RD-1H
    ENGL E530
    JCA24S 2X12

Edited once, last by ZombieLloyd ().

• Welcome:

Like the KPA like no other guitar gear.

Like both old analog and new digital gear.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Welcome:

Like the KPA like no other guitar gear.

Like both old analog and new digital gear.

From what I've read on this forum, and watched on Youtube, I probably will like it like no other guitar gear. Thanks for your comment, have a nice day :)

GEAR:
    Randall RD-1H
    ENGL E530
    JCA24S 2X12

• Welcome to the forum!
    The thing about the Kemper is for what you pay for nice tube amp you can get a Kemper and have thousands of amps including that nice tube amp.
    It's a no brainer.

Yeah, if I wasn't looking into the Kemper, I'd have bought a Randall Thrasher, but I'd rather have the Kemper because I can get profiles of the Randall SATAN, which is basically just a signature version of ^ pretty much, plus I can get a few Marshall profiles for when I want a British metal tone too. Oh and Orange, I've always wanted to try an Orange Dark Terror and Andertons did a Profile of that already.

GEAR:
    Randall RD-1H
    ENGL E530
    JCA24S 2X12