another one goes....

• Prince was definitely one of the top 2-3 concerts I've ever seen. I went in being a casual fan and left totally floored by his musicianship, his stage presence, how me interacted with the audience. Wish I could have seen him more live, and it's hard to find stuff online as he owned the rights all of his music so he didn't flood YouTube with material. The concert I saw, he went out of his way to make sure everyone knew all of the musicians onstage were playing live, no backing tracks, nothing getting faked.

he will be sorely missed

• I just watched a documentary , I learnt that he recorded his 1st album alone, playing all 20 instruments by himself.

here is a guitar masterpiece from this 1st album, closing track, he was already a guitar hero at 19 =O

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I just watched a documentary , I learnt that he recorded his 1st album alone, playing all 20 instruments by himself.

here is a guitar masterpiece from this 1st album, closing track, he was already a guitar hero at 19 =O

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

He could also produce like a boss, the man was insane in the studio, doing multiple instruments, manipulating the track controls at the same time.

He had a pretty good studio of his own too, from what I've read.

• Maybe someone is interesting , djemass has done a very good job to create acoustic profiles.
    I've done a small test tune thinking of one of the greates musician......I think everyone of you know these chords...
    If you like the sound, visit djemas threat, the profiles are for free.
    It's played with my music man petrucci , pu's middle position and i don't!! use my piezzo system.
    Sounds also very good with my jems, but it's different with them.

Cheers
    Frank

External Content soundcloud.com

• The correct chords and the correct way to play Purple Rain.

• OOhh, i am so happy that you found this link and i can start learn to play guitar. Love this hint.
    I hope my answer here in English is correct, because i am not a native speaker. But i dont care for that, because i am sure you have link "correct answering in English" too. It's always very nice to find someone who knows things better.

THX mate

For the others:
    This was a short impro to test djemass cool work on the free acoustic profiles and give a hint because this ones are for free, if someone is interesting (as i have written). I have played this example for him and i used the feeling of Purple Rain for it, because in these days it wont get out of my had that he's no longer with us.

Ah, and sorry for my crappy playing to all of you, because i dont't played it correct and i think there are some wrong notes in my example (hope i can sleep tonight ;) ).

Cheers
    Frank

• I mean, it's a great sound in itself, but it won't replace my acoustic (sadly) as I had hoped...

Maybe the other rigs in the pack offer different possibilities... I hope so!

:)

Thanks for posting, it's always a pleasure to listen to great songs :thumbup:

• Epic.

• another killer vid, he shows much more mature style as a santanish bluesman on the telecaster in this vid, as well as the art to set a stage on fire ,

and what a band ^^ , I'm really jealous

• [quote='waraba','http://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php/Thread/28380-another-one-goes/?postID=302940#post302940']another killer vid, he shows much more mature style as a santanish bluesman on the telecaster in this vid, as well as the art to set a stage on fire ,/quote]

Very nice vid! So does anybody know how to get that sound on the Kemper? I heard he played Mesa Boogie Lonestar, but none of the profiles I tried really sound like this.

• I'd say it's a typical boogie mark tone , check Djemass collection , there are a few crunchy one that may suit your needs, but you'll have to tweak a bit, it's not that easy to get a santana tone on a tele , but most of the tone come from the way he plays. He surely dimed the tone pot on the tele and showed carlos mood & licks ! A boost in the mids and some high filter band pass might help , as well a a creamy drive pedal setting.

• another killer vid, he shows much more mature style as a santanish bluesman on the telecaster in this vid, as well as the art to set a stage on fire ,

and what a band ^^ , I'm really jealous

All live too, unlike the acts nowadays. We lost a great one, no doubt about that. Crap!

• I will share with you guys my "key-moment" with Prince as a guitar player..

I have seen Prince several times..but it was just at one concert when he did (out of the nothing between two songs just with some keys-backing for less than a minute) a real "pure shred"-thing..playing 3nps-patterns and arpeggios with a very clean sound with his Tele,it was really amazing,like it was not prince but Al Di Meola on stage..I was completely shocked because I did never ever saw him before doing anything like this and to be honest after this never again to this degree..it was like "Hi..I can do this but it is not worth more than doing it every 10 years live on stage when I am bored.."
    ;)

Actually this single occasion "changed" my view on playing the guitar in context of "playing for a song" or a "special feel" may it be a certain groove,sound or just a melody.It was the moment I realized that as a musician you may have a huge ego and it is funny to "show off" for the sake of it from time to time but thats it.For the rest of the time..make music.If that means "play dirty"..play as dirty and sexy you can..I already miss him.