From Axe Fx 2 to KPA +Axe Fx 2!

• Welcome to the family

Thanks!

Friedman BE100, Suhr PT100SE, Mesa Boogie Dual Recto,EVH 5150 iii S, 68' Metro/Friedman Plexi, Vox AC30 (2) Marshall 1960B, Port City 2 x 12 OS Wave, Scumback speakers (4)BH75,(4)M75,(4)H75,(1)H55(1)Celestion V30 Fryette PS attenuator, Mesa Boogie 2 90, Kemper Profiler amp and tons of rack and fx pedals
    ProTools 10.3.5 HD5 , Logic Pro 10.1,Ableton 9 Live. Dynaudio BM6a with BM9S sub and Focals Alpha 80

• That's the setup I have. I run the KPA into the loop of the Axe II.

How do you change amps in the Kemper using Scenes? In the band that I'm playing with we do a 70's, 80's and 90's set and I do a lot of scene changes on many of the songs we do. I use at least 2 amps per song switching between a clean tone, rhythm tone and lead. I also boost my levels 1 db for the chorus and 2 db for the leads. I want to use the Kemper for just the amps and some of the pedals and the Axe FX 2 for the effects. I'm using the Fractal MFC 101. I was able to change the programs in the Kemper, but once I can change the amps in the Kemper using scenes I can start using it live. The Kemper gives me more clarity than the Axe Fx 2 and it's easier to get the sounds I want so I'm anxious to use it live.

Friedman BE100, Suhr PT100SE, Mesa Boogie Dual Recto,EVH 5150 iii S, 68' Metro/Friedman Plexi, Vox AC30 (2) Marshall 1960B, Port City 2 x 12 OS Wave, Scumback speakers (4)BH75,(4)M75,(4)H75,(1)H55(1)Celestion V30 Fryette PS attenuator, Mesa Boogie 2 90, Kemper Profiler amp and tons of rack and fx pedals
    ProTools 10.3.5 HD5 , Logic Pro 10.1,Ableton 9 Live. Dynaudio BM6a with BM9S sub and Focals Alpha 80

• welcome! always good to hear from people who know both axe and kemper that the tone of the kpa is so much better. i never had the chance to try out both or even A/B them.

With the Kemper, it's easier to dial in a tone. The Axe Fx 2 can get muddy at times. With the Kemper the Marshall tones sound more realistic to my ears than the Axe Fx 2. Many of the profiles that I bought are perfect for a good starting point. The only issue is that some profiles are not so good, so you have to go through the ones that work for you unless you own the actual amp and you can profile it yourself. I'm using a Mesa 2 90 as a power amp. It sounds good in my studio but I have to see how it sounds cranked up. A solid state amp it's supposed to be preferable from what I read. But I never liked the Axe Fx 2 with an SS amp or using IR's. The Kemper sounds great through my studio speakers(Dynaudio BM 6a and BM 9s sub), but I don't know if I'll us FRFR, I'm so used to having couple Marshall's 4 x 12 behind me from 30 years!

• Kemper is moving in on what people think were amazing effects in the Axe-Fx.
    Put the rubber sheet down as that day day is coming..

I sure hope so, it will make my live system less complicated! The thing I like about the Axe FX 2 is that you can control many parameters so you have more options. I just hope it doesn't involve buying a new unit!

• Kemper is moving in on what people think were amazing effects in the Axe-Fx.
    Put the rubber sheet down as that day day is coming..

I totally love the KPA, though as an Axe user I don't see that happening any time soon(unless they release a new unit). If it did, I'd welcome it, but the depth and variety of effects in the Axe is astounding by comparison at this point. However, I knew that going into the KPA, which I primarily purchased for its raw amp tones. The fact that the Kemper has a decent variety of nice effects is just icing on the cake, in my opinion.