STILL no software editor ..?

• the only problem i see with this statement is that the kemper has been out for 5 years ...not sure if im right on this time frame but if so thats seems like quite a bit of time to develop an editor.

Yeah, but only if that was your initial intention. There's plenty of room in that timeframe for being late to the party.

The Kemper folks used to have the manuals read that the FRFR sound was what you were used to hearing on albums and that it was the real tone.....and you should just get used to it.
    Then they created Pure Cab and said, "Well, everybody, for some reason, prefers a tone closer to a guitar amp so here you go."
    Never say never.

Agreed. I recall that CK himself, through open, rational debate on the forum with myself and others, changed his mind regarding, I think, the need for HPF/LPF filters.

These guys aren't fools. About the furthest thing from it, methinks...

• Architecturally the KPA is very close in so many ways. It should not take much effort to implement MIDI over USB. Next to that the profiler also runs a complete IP stack. Hook it up to your home LAN and it works as a DHCP-client and will appear with an address on your network. On TCP-port 5727 there is some service running, probably used for interaction with the remote. It would be possible to use the network for a remote app too. In some of the betas released prior to the launch of the remote there was an active web-server on the profiler that emulated the functions of the remote in a HTML5-compliant app that would run in any compliant web-browser on any type of computer/tablet/smartphone.

The network implementation could be utilised in a number of different ways, and as a developer I am disappointed with Kempers lack of innovation in this area, For example, attached to a network the KPA could check for new firmware itself and notify the user if something is available. Download and install of the latest firmware could be initiated from the menu. The hassle with copying data onto a USB-key would be eliminated. Similarly the KPA would also have the opportunity to communicate directly with the rig-database. With better identification and categorisation of rigs and other elements in the database this could be used to maintain the rig database to download new rigs or effects related to upgrades or for routines to wipe and re-initiate the rig-database.

If you hook the profiler and the remote to an Ethernet switch they should be able to coexist with other devices on a shared network (the switch would have to supply PoE to the remote, or you'd have to use an external Ethernet power-adapter to inject PoE on the connection to the remote). Most modern homes and studios would have networks the KPA could attach to, and a lot of people, myself included, run a wired+wireless stage network for various types of devices that would do the job to connect the KPA to remote-control-apps on a PC, Mac, tablet or smartphone in a live situation. Future KPA designs could add a second ethernet or a wifi interface to further improve connectivity.

Edited 2 times, last by heldal ().

• Heldal, I like what you are saying, even if it's over my head. Lol
    No doubt they already have an editor that is used in house, so it would not take much to polish it up for a consumer product.
    The least they could do is Rig Manager on iPad/iPhone. Heck, many companies allow you to do edits on a phone these days, imagine that!

• the only problem i see with this statement is that the kemper has been out for 5 years ...not sure if im right on this time frame but if so thats seems like quite a bit of time to develop an editor.

True, indeed. Lets hope, they started only lately :D

Ne travaillez jamais.