Whats a good 1u Power Amp for my Xitone 2x12

• I just got a screaming deal on a lightly used 2x12 stereo Xitone cabinet. I got it for $350 shipped but the seller took out the 1u rack Matrix 1000 and sold it separately. So I have a 2x12 cab that I could use passive with my Kemper Power Rack or I could find a 1u power amp to put in the rack space that is custom made into the Xitone Cab.

Any suggestions on a worthy power amp that can fill the 1u rack space on my Xitone cab? Im not really liking the price tag of the 1u Matrix 1000 and would like to find something cheaper in a 1u rack format that will do my rig justice.

Stereo would be nice but its not 100% required. But in that case I may as well just wire up the cab as passive since my Kemper is powered.

• Im not sure how much wattage I would really need. Probably not much. I would only need enough for on stage monitoring as I go FOH for the main mix with the band. I ordered a Rocktron Velocity 100 for $100 to try out. Its only 50w per channel. I will check out the ISP in the meantime. I have no expectations for the Rocktron :) We shall see!

• Im using an ART SLA-2 that works well with my 2x12 cab. It takes a 1 rack unit space.

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• The Rocktron Velocity is not bad for a 1u, but you really need the 300 for enough headroom at volume. 100w on the Rocktron is not the same as a tube 100w. If you are on a budget, the Marshall 8008 (160w total) has a linear switch to make it a flatter response. Both are stereo, but I am not sure why you would want one if you already have a powered Kemper,

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• Well.... I went ahead and ordered a used Matrix GT1000FX despite being unbelievably turned off by their staff. I called the USA number to ask some questions and they guy kind of insulted me when I asked if they would be willing to do free shipping if I ordered a new one. The guy was very "British" and arrogant and I got the impression that they don't think very highly of Americans but have no problem taking our money. In fact, he kind of acted like he would be doing me a favor by selling me one in the first place. I was on the fence about going with a Matrix at all after that... A little humility would be nice. :)

• Well.... I went ahead and ordered a used Matrix GT1000FX despite being unbelievably turned off by their staff. I called the USA number to ask some questions and they guy kind of insulted me when I asked if they would be willing to do free shipping if I ordered a new one. The guy was very "British" and arrogant and I got the impression that they don't think very highly of Americans but have no problem taking our money. In fact, he kind of acted like he would be doing me a favor by selling me one in the first place. I was on the fence about going with a Matrix at all after that... A little humility would be nice. :)

Unfortunately they make a great amp. I have a Matrix powering my Passive CLR and it's a great combo.

How did it go? Did you get your matrix yet? I am curious what you think because I am looking to do the same to power two XiTone Wedges.