Beginner needs clarification on his kemper setup :(

• Just bought a Kemper Powerack, for my potential live setup Ive got it going through my new Friedman 2x12, Ive got one cable going from the kempers "speaker output" directly into the back of the cab. I keep hearing a bunch of stuff about monitor output but everytime i plug my cab into that one i get less sound and everything is clipping/distorting. I want to make sure "speaker output" is the proper output for my cab for live use. I used monitor output for when i was plugged into my computer studio interface and studio monitors and that worked well so I am assuming that is the proper place for that. Any clarification is appreciated.

Also looking for some suggestions on where to look for professional profiles, I downloaded a Welagon steel string singer amp profile from someone on the forum and it was recorded too hot and was clipping like crazy when i would strum hard (I'm worried this might've hurt my cab, the sound when clipping was nasty), i don't want that to happen again. Sucks cause the profile sounds nice if I'm not strumming hard, but i don't see how its usable if clipping is unavoidable. (i tried turning powerboost and monitor volume to near 0 as per kempers manuals suggestion) Still clips badly.

So as a beginner kemper user, is this set up practical for the kemper going into a friedman 2x12 cab for live use? And where is a good place to start in terms of collecting nice sounding reliable profiles? Im mostly a blues/rock/pop player so clean sounds is my thing. Thank you for any suggestions.

• Welcome, mate.

For blues / rock / pop, especially if clean sounds are your thing as you suggested, I'd look at Michael Britt and Bert Meulendijk.

If you wanna get heavier I'd recommend looking at Guido Bungenstock.

If you ever lose your mind and have to get insanely-heavy, SinMix is the man.

Just MHO based upon personal experience; there are many vendors who's Profiles I haven't bought.

• How do I setup twin Passive Speakers through my Power Head Kemper Profiling Amp ? It’s only got on Speaker ? jack port?

• I am getting no sound from my ‘Passive’ Laney IRT112 Speaker Cabinet . I’m a Totally NEW Owner and do NOT EVEN HAVE THE SLIGHTEST IDEA WHAT I AM DOING

• I suggest you read the manual, you can download it here: https://www.kemper-amps.com/downloads/5/User-Manuals

From the manual:

The Built-in Power Amplifier

The optional built-in power amplifier allows you to connect your PROFILER to 4, 8, and 16-ohm guitar cabinets, as well as unpowered full-range cabinets. It is cabled to the MONITOR OUTPUT internally, so all features of the MONITOR OUTPUT are applied to the internal power amplifier as well.

Please refer to the MONITOR OUTPUT chapter of this manual for more detailed information.

You will find controls for the power amplifier on the dedicated page of the Output Section:

Power Amp Switch

“Power Amp On” activates the built-in power amp. There is no specific need to switch it off when not in use; unlike a tube power amp, the built-in Class D amp is not in any danger when you have no speaker connected. Nevertheless, you may want to switch it off to reduce energy consumption.

Power Amp Booster

As mentioned, the power amp is internally connected to the MONITOR OUTPUT, which provides enough headroom to support even the loud attacks and transients of clean guitars. However, this comfortable headroom will naturally lower the signal volume for the power amp, so you might not achieve the desired loudness. Turning up the "Power Amp Boost" will increase the volume loudness by up to 12 dB, in addition to the other volume controls in the signal flow, such as "Monitor Volume" or "Rig Volume". The "Power Amp Boost" has no further impact to the sound or dynamics of the power amp. When the power amp is switched off, the "Power Amp Boost" is deactivated, thus returning the full signal headroom to the MONITOR OUTPUT.

The internal power amp is mono and delivers 600 watts at 8 ohms; however, the wattage will be lowered to 300 watts when used at 16 ohms. The power amplifier provides sufficient headroom to avoid clipping, even with dynamic clean sounds. Very loud signals and transients will then be compressed by a nice, organic-sounding soft-clipping circuit. You should, however, use these 600 watts of power with caution - if you are running at high volumes and notice any indications of speaker distress, turn down "Monitor Volume" or "Power Amp Boost".

At 4 ohms, the wattage is electronically limited to 600 watts. If these 600 watts are exceeded the power amp is deactivated for a short moment, which causes a short dropout. It would require insane volumes to experience such dropouts. However, if you are connecting a 4-ohm cabinet, you should test it carefully to ensure that your loudest signals stay below that critical level.

WARNING!

Never connect an active device to the power amp output! Any active devices (such as power soaks) that have a grounded circuit will destroy the power amp by creating a short circuit.

Only passive speaker systems should be connected to the SPEAKER OUTPUT.

Please refrain from connecting devices with impedances lower than 4 ohms, as the power amp could be damaged.

Always ensure adequate ventilation - especially if mounting your PROFILER into a rack. Failure to do so may cause the power amp to shut down to prevent overheating.

• Tom, start with one speaker first and get that working.

Follow the instructions but it should be a simple as:

Speaker cable from the speaker output from the Kemper to the passive cab. Check the power amp is actually on and volume turned up but otherwise it should work..