Fullrange Monitor suggestions?

• I used the RCF NX112SMA for a while. Very good monitor! But I'm using In-Ears now.

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• I used the RCF NX112SMA for a while. Very good monitor! But I'm using In-Ears now.

I was considering the RCF as well, but now that Atomic is coming out with Jay's CLR stuff I might wait and see what is going on.... :huh:

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• This is what I use: RCF 310 A http://www.thomann.de/de/rcf_art_310_a.htm
    I first tried out: RCF 312 A http://www.thomann.de/de/rcf_art_312_a.htm which was a recommendation by a friend, who works in the guitar department at Thomann's. They have been using this one for years for presenting direct in guitar systems. And they are still happy with it.

I liked the bigger one with the 12" speaker a little more. But just a little. And as I have to carry them on my own, I preferred the 7 kg lighter one in the end. I play mainly into the PA and need it as a monitor for myself. Mostly just to put a little bit more personal feel to the in ear situation. Therefore I don't need a too loud monitor. But this thing can shout, no doubt. It's nice that it can be used as a floor monitor and standing version as well.

It only has a XLR-input. But this wasn't a problem. All my standard cables I used to have with a Jack/XLR worked without a problem.

• This is what I use: RCF 310 A http://www.thomann.de/de/rcf_art_310_a.htm
    I first tried out: RCF 312 A http://www.thomann.de/de/rcf_art_312_a.htm which was a recommendation by a friend, who works in the guitar department at Thomann's. They have been using this one for years for presenting direct in guitar systems. And they are still happy with it.

I liked the bigger one with the 12" speaker a little more. But just a little. And as I have to carry them on my own, I preferred the 7 kg lighter one in the end. I play mainly into the PA and need it as a monitor for myself. Mostly just to put a little bit more personal feel to the in ear situation. Therefore I don't need a too loud monitor. But this thing can shout, no doubt. It's nice that it can be used as a floor monitor and standing version as well.

It only has a XLR-input. But this wasn't a problem. All my standard cables I used to have with a Jack/XLR worked without a problem.

Well that's what i call a great info. Makes a decision much easier !

Thanks y-mun :thumbup:

• I suggest Jay and Tom get themselves a KPA when they start testing their new CLR monitors, because...............................................................................................................................................
    .........................................................................................................................................................
    ...........................................................................................................................................................
    ...................................................................................!!!

• I have always been a modelling guy and I'd like to suggest the Mackie SRM 450 V2. It's just sooo powerfull and thick in its tone. Been using these a lot both on tour and in rehearsal and they never ever disappointed me.

• Hi
    I am also still looking for a good portable solution. I tried a SR technology SR-MON that I used in the past for acoustics but the the 8" Speaker hast too less pressure. Yesterday I played through a pair of HK Audio Premium PR:O 12 MA BK and the sound was awesome, crystal clear, warm and not harsh at all . Really everyone like the Kemper sounds (more than my tube amp sound for some songs :) -As they are available at out rehearsal place I will use them further one.
    Still I am looking for some portable for my other band and gigs. Someone who is working at a large PA Company said I should have a look at the new Yamaha DXR 12, DSR 112 Series which he said in sound quality and effective sound pressure are superior to others Ones in that price range. Has anyone tried those ?
    Michael

• Just bought a RCF NX10SMA. I actually do prefer it over the NX12SMA. It's not so "boomy" in the low end. I like it better for guitar tone, will get back to stage monitors (from in-ear) with the RCF. Looking forward to the gigs on th weekend :)

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• Just bought a RCF NX10SMA. I actually do prefer it over the NX12SMA. It's not so "boomy" in the low end. I like it better for guitar tone, will get back to stage monitors (from in-ear) with the RCF. Looking forward to the gigs on th weekend :)

This sounds really interesting, knowing that a guitar speaker is usually 12". Do you prefer 10" over 12" on guitar speakers, too?

Use your ears, not your mathematical sense.

• I've been an AxeFX user for 4 Years and have tested many FRFR speakers, here are my comments on the best

FBT Verve 12ma - Sounds quite like a guitar cab in that it's got a loose feel to it that most other FRFR cabs don't have. It does however have a massive drop in the mids where the coaxial drivers crossover.
    QSC HPR122i - Sounds sterile IMHO, not great for modellers.
    RCF 312a - Didn't get on with this cab, sounded muffled and the composite cab didn't give a great guitar feel to me.
    LD Systems EB122a - A good, budget all rounder, I still have this at the moment, sounds nice in the mids and works well in a band scenario.
    ALTO SXM 122a - very cheap speaker but performs very well for the money. It's a bit flubby in the low-end but works ok for guitar. I have two of these at the moment.

If you can hold out for a few months then I can tell you that there will be something that fits your requirements. I can't say anything more than that. If you need something now then it seems that the RCF NX12SMA is the daddy.

If you want any more info on any of the speakers above then drop me a line :)

Spence