The perfect remote cable upgrade

• If such extensions work, as long as these do, lucky you. You might just be at the fence of undersupplying power to the Remote. Changing the environment just a bit and there could be issues. Therefor other users might immediately experience issues. KEMPER engineering does explicitely not recommend such extensions without the involvement of PoE. Don't take the risk, PoE injectors come at about 25 bucks.

I know this has come up before, is there a reference of which PoE injectors that are compatible ( I know very little about them) or if someone could point to one that is suitable.

Also at what point can/should they be inserted, i.e. is it viable to have it at the Kemper end?

• I already „hyped“ my Cudy POE200 (<25€). It is small and works great. But be aware with gigabit poe. They might cause problems. Mine is one as well but works good since many, many rehearsals.

• I know people will reach this thread in the future, looking for shorter alternatives to the standard cable, as that is what I did.

I got a Cordial CSE2.5NH5 from Thomann a week or two ago, and for me it was the perfect replacement for bedroom use. With all the cables to and from my KPA already creating a mess, I didn't feel the need to have a massive roll of cable just lying around and this solved it nicely for me. It is a bit expensive though but what are you gonna do?

• A lot of rack users have put these on a rear panel to eliminate wear & tear of the remote input jack. That is the SOLE reason I would want the rack version for. I like the size and lights of the toaster, but the rack version would allow me to use one of these. If I had a rack version I would do this immediately. I have a M/F dongle that I keep plugged in at home to reduce wear & tear on my toaster but you have to unplug it to fit in the gig bag. Good thing is, if the input gets damaged it's not too expensive to fix and they can do it in a week usually. It bothers me that every night the teeny wires in the ethernet connector get plugged and unplugged, but I asked on here once and couldn't find hardly anyone that has experienced a failure. Concerned I contacted a company that fixes them with a quick turn around so it put me at ease. They'll even put an ethercon on the back if you want.

• I had best-tronics https://btpa.com/ build me a panel for the back of my rack. Nothing gets plugged in and out of the Kemper. There's an Ethercon on there and I just added a powercon. I had 4 extra blanks incase I wanted to add to it later. It's easy , I could have done it myself but this is done professionally with top of the line stuff. It's not cheap but it's not that expensive either. But it is worth it.