amazing techno drums from PVC!

• Guys i had to show you this, was going through the city and saw a busker that was playing melody , RHY and drums using PVC
    filmed it on the IPOD..

all this on PVC? WTF? yep exactly, you might recognize one of the tunes here..i gotta give this up for originality..
    notice how many give him money from the first link? 8o
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ck39cwvvpyjvkk/set%201.MOV?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/p52fmspyj4b02s9/set2.MOV?dl=0

I remember buying a truefire course showing how to play bass lines and drums plus guitar on the guitar..
    but this just blew me the F away

I was dancing baby believe it :thumbup:

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

Edited once, last by ashtweth ().

• That's so cool...

Dumbass question that I could probably answer through Google, but I like when you guys talk to me, hahaha:

Do you just tune it by adjusting the length of each pipe, whether through cutting, or extensions, etc?

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• Yup its all resonance brother , you can tweak the pipe diameter and restrict the air flow but you know what?
    ITS WHAT YOU HIT IT WITH THAT MAKES THE VOODOO REAL..did you see what his "drum sticks" were my brother?, excuse me for a sec BURP :D
    It a combo brah, he hits it with RUBBER and with a certain diameter on the pipes makes the resonant cavity sing...so both things are at play, hit that with normal things and it a different sound, i know your saying DUH, but look at this drum sticks.

You know groove and drumming makes a big difference, LOOK AT CARCASS, he has a NORMAL DRUM KIT
    hahah not 24 drums just 2 toms and a few snares, why does it sound heavy

WHY???

(not 24 drums like every one else), but listen to the GROOVE IN CARCASS and how he makes the guitar shine...whatS the point here? Beer rules...er nah i mean drumming is a big deal to the guitarist and how it makes the groove come across...its how you hit them and the timing , you dont need more drums (all the time ) just GROOVE most times!..but in this pvc example its the materials that make the sound..and of cause its the beer thats important :P:D

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• ...man... We have got to grab a beer sometime, the continents be dammed!

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• It's not great for a beer/road-trip, that's for sure. I gotta piss every 15 minutes, driver gets all pissy, and that's supposed to be MY fault? No Sir.

• Ash could try to keep the non-drinking driver entertained from the back seat with an improvised beer-bottle techno-drum set.

Only problem would be that he'd keep messing up the pitch by taking sips after forgetting which bottles are already-tuned.

It could be a new experimental genre..."Liquid Pitch"...?

:D

Edit...Liqui-Pitch?

Liquipitch?

...not those...