Clipping when played through P.A.

• I have been using a Kemper rig for a few years now with no issues, playing regularly with a wedding band. I haven't made any changes to any settings on the Kemper since I initially set up my rig, except for the occasional software updates when they become available. The last month or so my rig has been clipping through the band P.A. We use a Presonus digital board through QSC powered speakers. I use the main Left XLR output to connect my rig to the board. This has also happened using our rehearsal P.A. which is a smaller Yahama mixer with non-powered speakers. We also tried plugging my amp in to a different channel on our mixer to make sure it wasn't a problem on the board. Like I mentioned, absolutely nothing has changed on my end. All settings are the same. It does not clip when played through headphones directly from the Kemper. Only in our speakers from the board and in our in-ear monitor mixes. This happens on clean sounds as well as high gain overdrive. My output volume is always kept relatively low. While trying to troubleshoot, I did do the most recent software update to see if there was possibly some bug that may have been fixed. Any thoughts? I've thumbed through all of the output settings and nothing sticks out to me as to why this would clip, it's not like there is a ton of high volume output coming out of my amp. As a regularly gigging working musician, I hate to be be without my "main" amp set up and would like to be back up and running soon!! I've had to go back to using an old school analog amp and pedals again temporarily until I can figure this out. Any help from the peanut gallery would be appreciated. Thank you.

• Make sure you don’t send more than -16 dB to the mixer. You find the output values in the output menu.

Thank you for this advice, I will double check what the output values are this evening.
    The thing I find odd though is that It has never clipped prior to the last couple of shows and I hadn't changed any output values.

• When it clips on a board reduce the volume . Dont think about your headphone or anything that seems unlogic. Even if it didnt clip the last time on the same board. Reduce the volume... and if you look at all answers here , all they mean is reduce the volume . Yes it as simple as that

• My output volume is always kept relatively low.

How low? Sounds like it needs to be a bit lower. Hope the -12db setting helps you out.

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• How low? Sounds like it needs to be a bit lower. Hope the -12db setting helps you out.

actually I have been in the “sweet spot” as everyone has called t, at -16dB. However, the -12dB setting definitely was off. So I will try things tonight and hope you all solved this riddle for me!! I appreciate all of the feedback! Will report back...

• It can also be the volume of your guitar that is too high... or the input stage in the Kemper that you can adjust. Any way clipping is a sign that something in the chain must be reduced in volume or db

• Tried all of the suggestions thus far and no luck. Activated the -12dB option. Also started the Output volume at -16dB as everyone said would be the “sweet spot.” No dice. Still clipped. I went so far to turn the output volume down as far as it would go and still put out some noise...-30dB and it clipped. Any other ideas??

• Try another PA . You need to isolate the problem... is it the guitar the Kemper or the PA or the speakers ??

Try your kemper in another PA

Try another guitar

etc

You need to isolate the problem in the chain and trust me there is only one device that cause the problem, but which one is the question

• Tried all of the suggestions thus far and no luck. Activated the -12dB option. Also started the Output volume at -16dB as everyone said would be the “sweet spot.” No dice. Still clipped. I went so far to turn the output volume down as far as it would go and still put out some noise...-30dB and it clipped. Any other ideas??

Even with the output down, it’s still live level. What mixer is it? It should have a pad but *some* mixer inputs are mic only and just wont like unless you use the 1/4” outs and a DI box.