Kemper discography

• I recently stumbled upon this link on the Kemper Amps homepage. First time I've seen it and I was palm-slapping myself in the head repeatedly when I realised how many A-list bands and musicians are adopting the Kemper on recordings. 8o

https://www.kemper-amps.com/discography

Does anyone have a clue if anything is missing? I know there are a fair share of bands out there who are yet to "make it", but have adopted the Kemper for live use. What about in the studio?

Interestingly, more metal bands use it then anybody else.

• I dont know if it really is a case of more metal bands using it or just more metal bands publicising it. I find that metal players tend to be more active on the internet in general and more vocal about their gear choices. If you look at any forum or Facebook group, Mesa Boogie, Kemper, PRS, Gibson Les Paul owners etc you would get the impression that no one plays anything but metal. I don’t believe that really is the case.

• Oh, I was just referring to the discography. 90-95% of the bands on there are metal, whereas I would have expected to see quite a few more bands using clean tones.

Of course, the metal guys will also use clean tones. But it's not the same thing.

It would be great to see if someone like Tim Pierce uses it on an album, for example.

I was just going through the artist roster for Kemper Amps. I think it's hilarious that Marco Minnemann is on there. :D

• I would also be curious to know how many of the bands on that list record with them. As with all of us, there is a learning curve. I think just to get a guy like Alex Skolnick, for example, to use the Kemper live is a huge step. I mean, he has a signature Buddha tube amp. I would assume that as he and others become more comfortable with Kemper live, they may go that route in the studio as well. Maybe not. But live, I think we will see more and more big names going with Kemper.

And yeah, I wondered about the Marco Minnemann thing as well......seeing his name makes me need to watch the Paul Gilbert Spaceship One again for the 50th time! lol

• I dont know if it really is a case of more metal bands using it or just more metal bands publicising it. I find that metal players tend to be more active on the internet in general and more vocal about their gear choices. If you look at any forum or Facebook group, Mesa Boogie, Kemper, PRS, Gibson Les Paul owners etc you would get the impression that no one plays anything but metal. I don’t believe that really is the case.

I wonder why they are more active and prone to reveal what they use and guitarists in other genres less? At least here it's not the case.:)

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• I wonder why they are more active and prone to reveal what they use and guitarists in other genres less? At least here it's not the case. :)

Feelings of inadequacy or (wee man syndrome as we say round these parts). There is a lot of macho my amp is bigger/better than your amp...... I can play louder and faster than you.......Dmin is the saddest of all keys (;)) crap follows the genre. A lot of the folk in the forums are teenagers with a lot of time on their hands and mouths/egos bigger than their knowledge/experience/maturity. Cue death threats by P.M. =O

To be fair, if these forums had been around when I was teenager I would probably have been one of them :D

I think there are probably a lot of wannabe rock god guitarists that follow metal bands because the guitar is so in your face. Therefore, endorsement deals might be more beneficial to both bands and companies in the genre and their management are prepared to make the most of it. Money is tight in most forms of music so any extra income or free gear is not to be ignored. I know that is a massive generalisation but I think there is probably something in it. Spinal Tap was funny because it was so close to the bone.

I don't mean to lump all metal players in that category. I love some metal playing (unfortunately I can't stand most metal vocals these days though). There are some AMAZING players who are totally serious musicians with a massively professional attitude but they can also "attract a certain type of fan".

• I love some metal playing (unfortunately I can't stand most metal vocals these days though)

I second that. That's one the reason I can't stand most of todays metal bands. Can't stand growling and some do it so bad I have to laugh and can't take them serious and sound more like this dog

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau