Rig Manager 3.0 Editor

• Well - as much as I'd love the editor to be out...

By now, experienced Kemper users have a workflow sorted out for building performances. I do. The editor is candy, not soup.

D

KPA Unpowered Rack, Kemper Remote, Headrush FRFR108s, BC Rich Mockingbird(s), and a nasty attitude.

• Lets review. Announced and shown at NAMM in Jan. Here we are coming up on the next NAMM where I assume we will see another demo. Pretty weak sauce if you ask me. No I’m not bashing Kemper. But this makes them look incompetent in developing sw.

• I don't mean to hijack this thread, but actually nothing happening here but chit chat.

Maybe I missed something, but to me the Kone seems like something the competition already have. The Kone is like an FRFR speaker with a limited range and IRs probably with some extra options. Well the Line6 powercab is just that with an integrated poweramp.

"

The Kemper Kone is a 12“ full range speaker which is made by Celestion and exclusively designed for KEMPER™. It is controlled and driven by the KEMPER PROFILER’s DSP to an ultra-linear (full range) frequency response, using a dedicated DSP algorithm. In contrast to the conventional idea of a full range system, the radiation pattern of the Kemper Kone has been narrowed towards the physics of a classic guitar speaker chassis, so that even the full range sound carries a distinct guitar speaker character, unlike regular PA speakers or monitor speakers.

By simply activating the PROFILER™’s well-known Monitor CabOff function the Kemper Kone is switched from full-range mode to the Speaker Imprint Mode, which then exactly mimics one of 16 classic guitar speakers. The sound of these imprints should not be mistaken with the mic‘ed cabinet simulations of a Profile. They rather bring back the good old “amp-in-the-room” sound.

"

That's FRFR "ultra-linear (full range) frequency response"

Kemper Kone is a 12“ full range speaker which is made by Celestion and exclusively designed for KEMPER™ That's most probably the Celestion F12-X200 renamed to Kemper 12"

Speaker Imprint Mode ? Wow a new name for IRs?

So this is a direct profile fed into an FRFR cab with an IR. I don't mean to be a destroyer of dreams, but nothing sounds like an amp in the room, but an amp in the room.

I don't mean to hijack this thread,

But ya did, didntya?

You really should start a new thread for that. I don't think your points are invalid - they're just quite OT from the Editor, even if this is just chit-chat now.

KPA Unpowered Rack, Kemper Remote, Headrush FRFR108s, BC Rich Mockingbird(s), and a nasty attitude.

• I come here to check for updates from g string and try to avoid reading other posts as i find them embarrassing tbh... but i did read some today and it just puzzles me. Kemper have a great product, the best digital version of tube amps there is on the market tone wise. That is why all of us here bought one. Since its release the Kemper team has kept upgrading our Kempers with more and more extra features (delays, reverbs, morphing...)... all for free.

And people complain because their free upgrade is not coming as fast as they want it to...

People really have no shame...

• I come here to check for updates from g string...

Every few days, I pop open my notifications, and check. "55 new posts? Surely there must be some actual news."

But alas.

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• If the new speaker is just a "renamed" one why should Kemper wait a year (and maybe longer)to make it available?To make us believe it is new technology?You say they are just fooling us?Like the other guy who says the editor is a hoax?

The amount of distrust and false claims displayed here by a handful of people is more than disturbing.

• No I’m not bashing Kemper. But this makes them look incompetent in developing sw.

Yes you are.

As for S/W development......I mean.....you’re kidding, right?

What do you suppose you’re playing through when you turn your KPA on?
    Fairy dust and good intentions?

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Nothing sounded like a Kemper before they were invented. You'll have to excuse me if I trust Kemper over your negative guesses.

• Try this thread

NAMM 2019: Kemper Kabinet and Kemper Kone

• I recon the software is 100% ready to go, but they’ll be busy making all the documentation that’ll come with it.

i.e manual updates and YouTube tutorials.

Once they are done I think rig manager will see the light of day.

• The statement that "no person, on any gear forum, says they don't need editor" is obviously false.

It's easy to determine this considering even posts being responded to, unless they are to be immediately discarded. Even if we didn't see such posts we'd need very, very comprehensive research for grounds to make something close to the claim (chances are it'd be less "radical"), for many reasons, the outlining of which would turn this post into an essay.

That aside.. Communication is a 2 way street. Part of respecting someone as an agent, I'd argue, is affording some level of charity when it comes to intent.. as well as putting in effort to understand the points being made, even if this isn't always as easy. Issues get complex enough on their own.

Now when the scenario is such that kemper folk are indeed dismissed as "fooling people"... yes, that feels off and disrespectful. Don't get me wrong, there's criticisms of kemper that are perfectly legitimate to make. But when things do reach the point where g string says that the sky is blue and has responses of this kind (when they DO occur, btw, as few as they are; let's not try and dismiss anyone who disagrees with us as based on such grounds as if that's what they're doing)...

.. Yes, the "issue" is probably not some kemper workers.

The bonanza

• If the new speaker is just a "renamed" one why should Kemper wait a year (and maybe longer)to make it available?To make us believe it is new technology?You say they are just fooling us?Like the other guy who says the editor is a hoax?

The amount of distrust and false claims displayed here by a handful of people is more than disturbing.

The true believers are the defenders of the faith. I'm not challenging your faith, just cutting the fog of marketing language with a keyboard. ;) Peace

• And by "feels off" I'm implying that there's justified "feels" and unjustified ones. If you sneeze on my prs and I get angry enough to fire a military missile at your village.. That's certainly an example of anger that is not justified. Some responses to editor bonanza may not be justified either (not that the moral badness of these amount to firing a military missile; not the point!).

The bonanza

• Lol... Anyone else see the irony of the mis-edited quote in 7string's post up there?

For anyone who thinks Software Development is easy- I'd love to see what you can do. Hell, assemble a team if you want. Make it even bigger than the Software team at Kemper too.

Also bring in a product manager, ux designer, qa testing team, release manager in addition to the development team. Then you'll set the product goals & design, write out the epic, create the user stories for the engineering team to execute on. Then, after each sprint they'll review what they've done, and make sure the direction is set properly for the next sprint.

Finally, as the project nears completion - you'll engage the QA resources to start testing. All while reading some of these frankly childish and toxic posts.

Lather, rinse, repeat until QA says it's ready to go, then you pass it along to the release manager.

And that's just the editor. The same thing is happening for the OS update that will pair with it.

This is a LOT of coordination.

I find it absolutely laughably entitled that some of you people are complaining about something - no matter how cool it is - will be delivered to you *at no extra charge*. So, the next time those of you who are so inclined to complain about this feel the urge- I want you to do the same within your own field- music - write, produce, record, mix, master and release a song- for free - while your fans bitch about it not being out soon enough. At the same time you're doing this, rewire the studio.

Give them some slack. This isn't easy.