Search: Static-X Sound

• Hi Guys,

for a project I search a nice rig or ideas about a sound like static x guitar sound

(Example:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    )

I know a Marshall MG is used. But the amp name is irrelevant for me (as it is for many kempers). I just search for a Rig (commercial is ok too) that has that touch. For me it seems like a very distorted, yet "soft", deepless sound. Hmmm, usually I prefer the other way round. BUT for that project, it shall be sth new.

For me it sounds a bit like middless terror :). So Screamers are not that good idea for thinning the sound, or?

I use a framus Idolmaker mainly, that git should be able to get that sound if the AMP or CAB gets in the right direction (pickups can be split).

blablabla - Ideas?

PS.

I love this forum, and read much but don´t write much. The talks here are so usefull! :*

PPS: aehm... I hope that is the right place for my question. Please move me, if not. Next time I would do better, promise!

• I like a bit of static X...this genre has a similar sound ( Drowning Pool, Coal chamber, Korn etc.).

Detuned is a big factor in the sound, along with a fairly cutting but gained sound.

Beyond that, its trial and error, maybe someone on on the forum plays this stuff. I used t cover Drowning pool but just used a high gain amp, no special set up as its more in the riffs/detuned for me..