Bend with 2 notes ore more, a.h, NUMERICAL NOISE !!!

• I had similar issues on my Steavens preamp.
    I asked to Pierangelo form Masotti Custom Amplification about it and he told me it was just a tube which was enhancing a natural character of the preamp.
    All tube/analog amps have different levels of "ghost notes", harmonics, overtones and undertones, and things like to ones you have recorded.
    Some modelers don't, because the look for a more clean sound, or just because they cannot recreate this kind of behavior.
    Anyway, in my experience those "nuances" help to give a fuller and organic tone in the mix.

• OK, the yjm profile is, I think one of mine. Im away gigging this weekend but on Monday or tuesday I will run a profile of it then record both the profile and the reference amp doing the string bends. I have to say Ive never noticed any difference between the 2 myself. This may help.

• Anyway, in my experience those "nuances" help to give a fuller and organic tone in the mix.

Really ?
    Sorry but I have to disagree.
    It does not sound fuller, neither organic.
    It sounds bad.Really bad IMHO
    I have never experienced such issues with the profiles I am using but I will definitely pay attention now.

"The thing about quotes on the Internet is you cannot confirm their validity" - Abraham Lincoln

• Really ?
    Sorry but I have to disagree.
    It does not sound fuller, neither organic.
    It sounds bad.Really bad IMHO
    I have never experienced such issues with the profiles I am using but I will definitely pay attention now.

You say it sounds really really bad, but you've never experienced such issues with the Profiles you use?

Do you mean it sounds really bad on the real Amps?

• Well, just listened to the file on my monitors and indeed there's something wrong.
    I loaded the profile and i confirm that there's something which is absolutely different from what i was saying in my previous post.

I don't know if it is related to this specific profile, or it is connected to strange overtones in the original amp.
    I'd ask to sheguitarplayer to check it by playing the same bends (A and D on the 10th fret, with the A bent to B, if i'm not wrong) and then we will se.
    If on the amp everything's fine, then there's an issue with the profile (and maybe he can try to profile it again if he can).
    If he finds this behavior in the amp too, we'll understand why Malmsteen never plays chords or two notes-bends ;)

• OK, the yjm profile is, I think one of mine. Im away gigging this weekend but on Monday or tuesday I will run a profile of it then record both the profile and the reference amp doing the string bends. I have to say Ive never noticed any difference between the 2 myself. This may help.

Thanks it can really help ! (thanks for profil anyway i like it)

We can here what i mean in the Loulou222 post, it's what i talked about and it's not just on 1 profile apparently. ;(

Personally, I use a lot this two notes or two notes bend with gain so i'm afraid to make a fixation on that.

• Checking with another guitar and different profiles: the problem seems to be there. The higher the gain setting, the bigger you ear it.
    Check it out guys, if you can, by playing A and D notes on 10th fret, then bend the A to B.
    Even if this kind of licks doesn't suit my style, this issue definitely needs a fix, IMHO.

• then try with your guitar that has good intonation :D

Sorry, I don't have a Buzz Feiten tuning system on any of my guitars. :D

You know what I think it is?
    It's the way the microphones were used/positioned in the making of certain Profiles...that's why it appears only in some Profiles, if it was "numeric", then it should appear in every single distorted profile.

Notice how the "latency/feel problem" suddenly disappeared even before the firmware "fixed" the latency. :wacko:

• I'm not sure what you're doing there, but i'm hearing the effects of the noise gate and a short reverb, what happens when you disable them? (also what happens when you lower your pickups away from your strings, because i'm hearing pickup interference there which is causing a harmonic warble).

and you don't hear the "digital aliasing" in the sound ???? what do you have for monitors ? i have tannoy studio monitors and i clearly hear it, like when you push the gain on the stomp dist.but here it's a profile.noise gate was off.reverb doesn't add nothing except reverb. ?(

• I can hear it clearly after 30 sec. Can you isolate the problem? Deactivate the stomps/effect section and turn off the noie gate?

• In your file i just hear natural overtones, and they are the ones i hear when i make that kind of bendings.
    Have you tried the bending I suggested? A and D at 10th fret (B and E strings), the bend the A to B and slowly release.

• Not sure what to listen for.
    Here are a bunch of 2 strings bends using the stock Baldi JCM800 Profile.
    I have no problem with what I'm hearing.

it's strange that you hear nothing
    I hear lots of noise with the note
    listen well

• Well Lou, what you ear in that clip are the overtones and ghost notes that you can find in many tube amps.
    While what we can ear in your clips (and in the othe ones in this thread) are not overtones, but something going weird.

• Well Lou, what you ear in that clip are the overtones and ghost notes that you can find in many tube amps.
    While what we can ear in your clips (and in the othe ones in this thread) are not overtones, but something going weird.

I agree this are not the same thing ;(

• and you don't hear the "digital aliasing" in the sound ???? what do you have for monitors ? i have tannoy studio monitors and i clearly hear it, like when you push the gain on the stomp dist.but here it's a profile.noise gate was off.reverb doesn't add nothing except reverb. ?(

Why are you responding to me question with what sounds like an attack? Please relax, im trying to help you. I can hear several things including harmonics caused by you pickup poles being too close to you strings, some fret issues, flat harmonic caused by the fixed length reverb and frequency attenuation caused by the noise gate. What you identify as aliasing could quite easily be any one of those, theres a lot of other stuff going on that means I can't specifically identify one aspect alone as being aliasing rather than something else. You didn't answer my question. What happens when you disable the reverb and noise gate? What happens when you move your pickup poles away from the strings?

The reason that I am asking you is in order to eliminate these extraneous "problems" and get to the core sound in order to really hear the problem on its own.

Edited once, last by Per ().