Again is it just me or ?

• Somebody posted a profile of a Savage and people seem to like it..this is what I get

Stock profile ( gate 5.8 ) high pitch noise and geiger counter noise

stock

Gate reduced to 3.8 :-((

gate 3.8

Gate on zero and I do play a few chords

gate zero

Now tell me you don't get those same noises ..or I'll go play all acoustics ;(

• Me too. The noise gate sucks with high gain profiles. I don't know what they were thinking when they decided not to provide a regular noise gate with the Kemper. I played for years a Blackmore Engl head + rocktron hush with no problems , now I don't even try out some profiles because of the noise I get when I stop playing.

You're not deep, you're not an intellectual, you're not an artist, you're not a critic, you're not a poet...you just have internet access

• I've locked my input section with the noise gate disabled. If you do that you can enjoy all of the profiles with no noise gate and also with the input sens settings where you like them. The only thing I wish is that you could lock individual parameters rather than the whole section.

• Yes, i return my Kemper cause of my direct output problem but the noise and hiss problem of the Kemper is one of the reasons that i don't order an other now.

Yesterday i play with my band on the same system with my old friend the Line 6 pod 2.0 and no noise at all even without noise gate.
    The sound quality is no as good as the kemper it's a fact (for the clean sounds it's just not the same world) but no noise is GOOD !!
    The sounds of the band seems to be cleaner and less tiring for ears...

I'm pretty sure that the hiss and big noise of my Kemper had no link with my direct output problem and with a new kemper i'm sure the sound will be the same. It's a surprised for me that people says the kemper is a quite unit ?(

• edit - I need to go and test out that particular profile, but most I odnt' get that much noise on. Only if the original source amp had a lot of noise/lack of grounding in the profiling loop.

• Well again gate or not there's way too much noise and gate is only a band aid...
    I just hand deleted around 150 profile after testing them..it took a while..some are even more noisy than this one... I don't understand how people can use such things ???
    There was also a profile that was so agressive (Randall C200 something I think ) that I advice the poster to rush to an ORL ..he can may be still save his hearing..but probably have lost most of it in the high frequencies...I'm not kidding :!:

• Yup, noise gate is very bad (sorry, but I really think it is). It simply sucks tone when using lower gain profiles, but makes all kinds of artifacts and noises when using with high gain.

As long as the noise will be there I think it will always be a problem with really high gain ... I profiled an Egnater to show that the noise increases with profile..it was not much but noticable..but also it was not what you could consider high gain..If I can borrow an Engl or something like that I'll do a profile with really high gain... I'm pretty sure than the noise increase will be a lot cause it's proportional to the original amp gain ...

• Yup, noise gate is very bad (sorry, but I really think it is). It simply sucks tone when using lower gain profiles, but makes all kinds of artifacts and noises when using with high gain.

Ive noticed this also...an improved noise gate is a must especially with high gain amps....along with the EDITOR for pc and mac!! and OCTAVE fx / harmoniser...yup the unit needs quite a few tweaks to make it perfect....when though will this be done?? ?(

• Well considering the answer I got in another thread I think I'm loosing my time with this...Do not expect the gate to be working for you any time soon guys
    When you have a hole in a tire you do not inflate it every 5 minutes..you fix the SOURCE of the problem ... the high gain noise whatever it is too much gain or a pedal in front is way too much and won't be fixed by a gate