Kemper Powerhead - 4*12 speaker watt/ohm question

• Group, I entered the Kemper world this week with a powerhead. Using it with a powered FRFR speaker now, but want to also run it through my 4*12 cabinet.

My cabinet is a old 1987 Carvin 4*12, and in it I have two 16ohm 25w Greenbacks and two 16ohm 60watt V30’s.

The cabinet is wired in such a way that it is considered a 16ohm cabinet. I believe this is known as a series parallel wiring (I think)

What concerns/settings if any should I have with plugging it into the Kemper Powerhead?

Greatly appreciate any help, this Forum is awesome!

• Group, I entered the Kemper world this week with a powerhead.

Welcome, have fun here in the forum and with your Kemper! Enjoy as we do... :thumbup:8)

this Forum is awesome!

This. Indeed one of the rare places on the net where people are super helpful, positive and polite. A great community here. Looking forward to discuss with you :)

• You won't acheive more than half of full volume with 16 ohms, but it will still be plenty loud enough. Ideally it would be best to have it wired for 4 or 8 ohms, worry about that when you get your Kones though ?

• You won't acheive more than half of full volume with 16 ohms, but it will still be plenty loud enough. Ideally it would be best to have it wired for 4 or 8 ohms, worry about that when you get your Kones though ?

Is it at all possible to explain the physics in a sentence or two? I.e. is the 16ohm providing too much resistance to the signal to allow for full volume?

BTW, thank you all for the help above. I did plug it in last night and it sounded great.

• That's pretty much it, the Kemper poweramp is intended for 8 ohms, 16 will only allow 1/2 the current to flow, 4 ohms would allow double but the poweramp has a built-in momentary power cut if 600 watts is exceeded, it's all in the manual. It's safe for 4, 8 or 16 though