EQ Settings

• I was wondering about the EQ of profiles. I have a lot of paid for profiles that I have bought from people. When they profile their amps are they profiling their EQ setting as well or when someone profiles their amp is everything just on 5? I am asking being I am wondering if I should dial in my own EQ or should I just basically leave the EQ and just do smaller adjustments as need and really on the EQ of the profiler?

• Hi 4m4d3u5.

Check out shows 3 and 4 in this series That Kemper Show

MBritt and HW (ToneJunkie) show how they go about profiling an amp, got different results, and then fine-tune their efforts. They both produce commercial rigs so it's interesting to see how they bring something of themselves to the outcome.

ST

• Some vendors will give youo a pdf list with the settings on the profiles. But most don't. But if you like how it sounds, just leave it as it is. If not, EQ a little and see if works. Needs too much EQ? Use another profile.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• For me, EQ is a situation-specific thing.

For a core sound - If I have to EQ the profile (Bass, Mid, Treble, Presence) much or even at all, I find something else. I'll mess with the Definition control quite a bit, but if it ain't close I move on. There are too many profiles available to spend time tweaking (or adding) EQ.

If I need to find a 'slot' in a mix when FOH either isn't there or ineffective (needing single line needs to poke out, minimize a certain part of the mid-range overlap). If a certain sound simply *IS* the core sound EQ'd, then I'll start fiddling.

That said - I've *never* used a lot of EQ. Partly due to not feeling overly confident at times and partly because I come from an early-electric Blues mentality of 'guitar->cord->amp'. Y'know, the Keith Richards' concept of the right guitar in the right amp. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche