Need help with Kemper + RME ADI-2 DAC setup

• Can't figure how to connect it properly. Want to get sound from PC and from Kemper to headphones with RME somewhere in the chain to use built in EQ.

1) PC -> RME -> HP

+

Guitar -> Kemper -> RME -> HP

2) PC -> RME -> Kemper -> HP

+

Guitar -> Kemper -> HP

Option 2 looks achievable, but no EQ on guitar sound through RME, and when I try to connect RME to Kemper through "hp out"-"alt in" it shows "Overload/Short detected".

And it would be nice to record Kemper too, somehow connect it to PC. Right now I have Focusrite Scarlet 2i2.

Can someone help me with advice on how to connect all of this properly? If it's not possible with this setup then what should I change/buy to make it all work?

Thx for any help!

• Welcome to the forums!

Simple interface connection: (stereo)

Kemper main out left to Interface input 1.

Kemper main out right to Interface input 2.

Interface USB to computer USB. (then you load your input preferences in the DAW).

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I would do something similar to what Bayoutexan is suggesting.

Plug the Focusrite into your computer and use it as the input device. I’m a Mac user but there will be something in the audio settings of a PC that allows you to select the input device.

The Pc will typically default to using the same device for input and output duties but you should be able to override this and select the RME as you output device.

• since the RME is a highend DA converter I would connect it to the digital output of an audio interface that offers digital i/o and then connect the Profiler to the audio interface. This setup will allow you to hear the computer audio over USB and the Profiler through the ADI-2 converters and you will be able to record the Profiler signal too. Since your current interface does not offer any digital i/o you would need to upgrade that one.

• Thanks for the ideas. Made some more research and ordered RME UCX audio interface. Going to connect PC and Kemper to UCX and then to adi-2 via spdif. Maybe it's a bit overkill for my needs, but should work.